Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/5/2001 10:50:13 PM EDT
I believe I remember someone speaking of one a bit ago.

I would like some feedback if anyone has experience with one.  I realize they are a bit pricey for a pump gun, but I ran across one at a gunshow and fell in love.  Besides, I'd pay extra for a gun with "Heckler&Koch" stamped on the side![;)]  

Also if anyone knows of a dealer who has some in stock, let me know.  Cals Sporting Armory is local to me, but don't have them in stock right now.  I could order a new one from CSA for $430, so keep that in mind.  Considering I don't know a single person who has one, I'm surprised they don't drop the price on them to compete with 870s and 590s.

Anyway, I'm looking for a Fabarm FP6, with picatinny rail and flip up sight.

BTW I know a Mossy590 or Rem870 would do the same job for less $$$, so back off![;D]
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 3:08:46 PM EDT
[#1]
BTT
Link Posted: 3/6/2001 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep, I bought one last year. I fell in love instantly also. I paid way more than that price.
It has the folding stock, pistol grip and the standard stock, very nice hardcase, fibercoating, barrel shroud.
The tribore system is kinda cool. I notice a significant difference in felt recoil. The best part is the 1oz slugs dont FEEL like 1 oz slugs, in fact everything I put through it feels fairly close, recoilwise. Email me if you`d like.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 6:38:08 AM EDT
[#3]
Did you get this?
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Rich, thanks for the imput, I've been away from my computer for a bit.

That's what I wanted to hear.  The Fabarm I handled at the show just seemed like a VERY solid, well put together scattergun.  The finish seemed very durable, compared to some other pumpguns I've owned!  I loved the controls, oversized safety was nice, as was the slide release.  I'm not a big fan of the full length forend they are putting on the newer ones, but I believe it has a picatinny rail on it for accesories, so that evens things out a bit.  

The gunshow dealer wanted $550 for the older style FP6 without the sight rail and flip up sight.  I guess I'll call CSA and have him order me one at $430.  I was hoping to find a used one for a better price, since they don't seem to be flying of the shelves, but haven't had any luck after posting on Bowers and the other usual spots.

Thanks again, I'll post an update if I get one soon.
Link Posted: 3/7/2001 12:20:17 PM EDT
[#5]
A friend of mine recently bought an FP6.  I never like to say that a gun doesn't live up to expectations, but I have to say that about this shotgun.  I think H&K makes some of the best firearms on the market, but the FP6 just isn't that great.  It looks great, but performs only fairly.  I found that it is sometines hard to rack when firing rapidly.  It feels like a $200 shotgun.  It's also extremely hard to find accessories such as mag extensions and pistol grips (unless you special order).  If you want a great pump shotgun for home defense that looks great then get the Remington 870 marine magnum.  It will not dissapoint you.
Link Posted: 3/8/2001 1:11:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Dolphin, thanks for the feedback, I think I'm going to go ahead and get one anyway.  I already have a 870P Magnum but I choose to use my Benelli for home defence.  I'm looking to expand my HK collection.  My local dealer has all the accessories, so I'm not worried about that.  I agree they should be priced about the same as a 870 ro 590, but I can live with that.

BTW, HK doesn't make the Fabarms, they just import them and market them, with their name stamped on the side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top