Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 11/18/2001 2:19:36 PM EDT
My vote has to go to those punk 16-18 year olds. They get all dressed up in their gang attire then go to the show.  While at the show they only know two things about guns:
1) This difference between a rifle and handgun.
2) That there is such thing as a 9mm.

I swear they just walk through the doors, go to every handgun selection, pick up every one, and ask "Is it a nine?". I just want to slap them.

BTW did anyone else go to the Salt Lake Show yesterday?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Gee
I thought there were only white kids with white shirts and black pants in Utah.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#2]
If they are not old enough to buy, they should not be allowed in without an adult.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I can't stand those Kettle Korn vendors.  Always tryin' to squeeze you for a buck.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Those white shirt black pants guys piss me off too. Why can't this just be a normal state? As soon as I am out of college I am never comming back.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My vote is cast for the guys dressed in combat boots and fatigues/BDUs.  They seem to swagger around like all they have to do to kick your butt, is look cross-eyed at you.  The same guys will start field stripping a NIB AR on a table to show off?? I don't know??  Showering 24 hrs. proir to the show seems to be optional for this crowd.

Coming up next hour.........

the fat guys who sell the same old s^&* that nobody wants.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:56:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The guys who sell nazi stuff!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just love the people who just have to haggle – even over the smallest shit.... You’ve got a price CLEARLY posted and these yutzes won’t take NO for an answer.

Next in line is the guys who have to handle everything within reach.

Then there’s the pushy little pricks who are too important to wait in line.

ALLTIME prick award would go to the guys who inject themselves into a transaction and turn it into a bidding war.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:00:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Vendors with over priced junk and the "I'm the only guy here who knows the difference a muzzle and breech."  Generally, they have lots of book knowledge, but very little hands-on experience.

Eddie
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#9]
The fat A$$ and his friends who block the doors and table views BS'N. And then act like it is a big hassle to move when you ask them to.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:06:45 PM EDT
[#10]
The fat A$$ and his friends who block the doors and table views BS'N. And then act like it is a big hassle to move when you ask them to.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:08:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Morons who stand in the middle of the aisles, blocking traffic.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:15:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The guys who sell nazi stuff!
View Quote

I don't mind the one who have all the OLD nazi stuff mixed in with a bunch of other war memorabilia.  It's the pricks who dress up in that crap and try to re-live the "glory" of the SS.  I've heard some of the worst most stereotypical garbage come out of those guys mouths.  It makes me want to bitch slap'em.

And then there's the fat bastards who haven't evolved enough to realize that their overwhelming stench is offensive to everyone in the basketball court sized room.  

And beanie baby vendors.

And the dealers who heckle you if you're trying to sell something that they really want but don't want to pay a fair market value for.

And then there's the idiots like me who have to edit their reply because they can't spell 'is'.

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:16:39 PM EDT
[#13]
The "I'm more important than you guys" that fart around with their cell phones while they are in the middle of the aisle or trying to make a purchase and taking twice as long as normal because they aren't paying attention to what's going on.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:20:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Dealers with overpriced goods who act insulted when make an offer.  Especially idiot dealers with pre-ban Oly-arms ARs marked $2500 who look insulted when you offer $1000

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:20:20 PM EDT
[#15]
the gut that has nothing but NIB factory guns. like a table full of standard remington .22s and 870s. sorry guy, but i can buy those at walmart for cheaper. i guess its not a problem for me, but i dont see how they can even cover thier 2 tables.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:23:40 PM EDT
[#16]
1) Idiots who offer you far less than you tell them you want and far less than a gun is worth. For example, I had one idiot want to buy one of my guns once. With the accessories it would have been worth nearly $300. He asked how much I wanted and I said $200 which was a damn good deal. The gun alone was selling for over $200 at the Dealer tables. The SOB tried to haggle me down to $140. Then I said $150 w/o the extra magazines, ammo., and ammo. pouches. He wanted all the accessories for that price.

2) Idiots who block the aisles

3) Anybody who thinks they can get nearly $1,000 for an AR-15 upper.

4) People selling illegal stuff. Especially the morons who try to sell you illegal Post-Bans as Pre-Bans.

5) The idiot who asks you to do something illegal or who want to know how to do something illegal. I.E. One SOB actually asked "How hard would it be to convert this to Full Auto. ?" Needless to say I wouldn't sell it to him.

6) Dealers who have piles of FA Parts and don't specifically and Boldly mark them or warn the potential buyers of the legal issues.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:32:36 PM EDT
[#17]
STROLLERS
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:34:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:39:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I take it you went to the show at south town today. You sould have seen them at the c3 stands looken at those mp5.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Hey Gunnut
In 17 years of doing shows and seeing the kids in the strollers with daddy.I always wondered, did you tell your wife you were taking them to Mcdonalds? [:)]
Eric
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:44:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:50:38 PM EDT
[#23]
What about the 4 pack of yuppies that stand in the middle of the aisle and talk to each other, one on the cell phone, the other three yelling into the cell phone. I always run into these guys, no matter what. They're also the same idiots that block an entire table to ask the vendor "what he'll really take for that Glock like the one he carried in the army". Assholes abound, gentleman.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:51:38 PM EDT
[#24]
My vote has to go to those punk 16-18 year olds. They get all dressed up in their gang attire then go to the show. While at the show they only know two things about guns:
1) This difference between a rifle and handgun.
2) That there is such thing as a 9mm.

I swear they just walk through the doors, go to every handgun selection, pick up every one, and ask "Is it a nine?". I just want to slap them.
View Quote

This is just another example of people stereotyping teenagers.  I'm 16 and I have an interest in firearms, also my parents don't always have the time to supervise me anywhere I go.  Does this mean that I shouldn't be allowed to pursue my interest?  I am aware that there are many idiots in my age group but some of us simply enjoy firearms and try not to act like idiots.    
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:57:12 PM EDT
[#25]
THe vedors that don't give you the time of day until you start getting rude. It'is always the pushy guys that get helped first. SOmetimes its helpful to talk to the wife of the guys selign stuff, they are usually less hagard,a dn much more friendly. Th eneo-nazis also piss me off.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:01:31 PM EDT
[#26]
This is just another example of people stereotyping teenagers. I'm 16 and I have an interest in firearms, also my parents don't always have the time to supervise me anywhere I go. Does this mean that I shouldn't be allowed to pursue my interest? I am aware that there are many idiots in my age group but some of us simply enjoy firearms and try not to act like idiots.

NO not at all just don't stand around with your pants at your knee and ask if you can see that 9mm;or can I make that full auto,or my fav.check that gatt.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:10:50 PM EDT
[#27]
Sheesh, don´t get your pants in a wad only when someone makes a remark of personal experience, im sure he meant the punks he has run into, not 100% of young people who visit gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:40:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This is just another example of people stereotyping teenagers. I'm 16 and I have an interest in firearms, also my parents don't always have the time to supervise me anywhere I go. Does this mean that I shouldn't be allowed to pursue my interest? I am aware that there are many idiots in my age group but some of us simply enjoy firearms and try not to act like idiots.

NO not at all just don't stand around with your pants at your knee and ask if you can see that 9mm;or can I make that full auto,or my fav.check that gatt.
View Quote

I didn't say all teenagers, I said punk teenagers who don't know their head from their ass. I'm only going on twenty-one. I realize that I cannot legally buy a handgun, so I walk by the table and look without touching. Why would I pick up and fondle a gun that I cannot by legally? If I do see something that catches my eye, it is usually a gun that another less busy table is selling.  That is the table where I feel more freely to take my time so I don't get in the way of people with money and age. A gun show is for short questions from people who actually plan on buying something, for people who know what they want, and for everone else to look without tying vendors up with "Is it a nine?" questions. Places like this website are for research, not gun shows.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:38:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Just about everything everyone said on this post.  As far as the Nazi stuff, it is history.  But those that sell it to glorify the era, or those that sell the KKK crap, have got to go.  A gun show is no place for that (actually, no place is).
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:54:16 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:15:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Let me say for the record that I'm a 29 year old guy, always have a cellphone on my hip, and probably buy on average 1-2 guns per month and I don't buy crap guns either.  I know my stuff and if I don't I don't pretend that I do.  Now what pisses me off is being treated like dumb-**s yuppie who doesn't know there is any other caliber in a handgun besides 9MM:>.  In my area (central TN) the dealers all think they are the only game in town and their exaggerated prices are worth that solely because they are local.  Here me out here, 3 months ago a local gun ship had a price of $489.00 for a NIB Intrac HS2000.  I knew I could buy this gun for $300.00 elsewhere so I offered the guy that.  He got pissed and said "well, you should have bought it!".  So instead of giving the guy the sure bet of making $50.00 on the gun instead of $200.00 I mail-ordered the $300.00 gun.  I know dealer's have to make money too, but you don't need to make the entire's month rent just off me on one gun is all I'm saying.  I always say a 1 is better than a 0.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:25:16 PM EDT
[#32]
People that don't want to buy my rifle...
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:27:36 PM EDT
[#33]
The only ones that piss me off is the I don't understand why anyone would want that type of weapon croud. All the others are just like watching the Keystone Cops they just make me laugh out loud.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:43:08 PM EDT
[#34]
I thought it was a pretty decent gun show.  At least at South Towne the aisles are wider and easier to navigate than those at the Salt Palace.  Parking is also free there which used to be a $3-6 expense at the Salt Palace.

Picked up 1000 55gr Winchester FMJ-BT for $38.  Also picked up a nice handful of garand parts for $25.  Regret not picking up more at that price.  Also regret not picking up a few nice garand handguards I saw.  All in all it was a pretty decent show.  
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:43:24 PM EDT
[#35]
You know, I can honestly say that nobody pisses me off at gun shows. It's usually elbow-to-elbow by the time I get there (I'm a late-riser on Saturday), but any time you accidentally bump into someone, they almost always apologize. Gun show crowds are some of the most respectful, courteous people you're likely to find in any public place nowadays. If you don't belive me, just stop off a local mall afterwards, and compare the clientele of the two — I'll take gun show folk anyday. Plus, the merchandise is a hell of a lot more interesting!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:49:47 PM EDT
[#36]
definatley the dealers that ask 2-3 times the value of a new gun.. Especially if you make them a reasonable offer. I understand they are trying to make money and would like to support local businesses, but 1350 for a postban bushmaster? or 500 for a mossberg persuader?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:50:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I thought it was a pretty decent gun show.  At least at South Towne the aisles are wider and easier to navigate than those at the Salt Palace.  Parking is also free there which used to be a $3-6 expense at the Salt Palace.

Picked up 1000 55gr Winchester FMJ-BT for $38.  Also picked up a nice handful of garand parts for $25.  Regret not picking up more at that price.  Also regret not picking up a few nice garand handguards I saw.  All in all it was a pretty decent show.  
View Quote

$38, are you kidding. Damn, I'll have to find myself some of those prices. I can't even get Wolf for that price.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:56:11 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 8:55:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:15:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
STROLLERS
View Quote

HEY!  I use a stroller like a shopping cart.

Somebody stops to look at the "baby" and sees a crate of ammo.

No_Expert

edited to say I hadn't edited it
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:18:39 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:34:21 PM EDT
[#42]
The guy that wont shut up about Levi`s because I have a pair on, and Levi gives a $hitload of money to the Anti-Gun kooks. Get off my back already, what would this guy have me wear? Dickies?
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:34:53 PM EDT
[#43]
No offence........

The sellers who think that their stuff is priced right when I can get the same thing cheaper on the net at an auction site!!! Or at Walmart.

The sellers who have the signs "PRIVATE SALE.... NO PAPERS WORK"  Then you look at what they have and it's 'used' and price 1/3 more then a FFL dealer next to him who's selling it new (okay an exageration).

The person who asks dealers everything and keeps them from other customers and don't even buy anything.

The sells that don't give a customer the time of day.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:36:13 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:51:54 PM EDT
[#45]
I absolutely cannot stand those idiots who always decide to hold group meetings right smack dab in middle of the busiest aisles! I have been getting pretty good at getting them to disperse by releasing gas when I squeeze by, but with the current trend of these people not taking showers 3 days in advance of the show, the chemical warfare isn't working too good.

The other type of moron that I absolutely hate is the ones who have no intention of buying anything but talk bs to the vendor while you stand there waiting to be helped. The last time this happened I walked off and came back 15 minutes later only to see mr bs still flapping his gums. I talked to a class 3 dealer and he said there is this one guy like this that he absolutely hates. Every show the cretin arrives with a Shotgun News in hand and bugs the class 3 about his prices being too high and how he can get the stuff cheaper from so-and-so while waiving around the SGN ad. Of course he never buys anything either.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:00:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:20:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:31:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Twas not a bad show in SLC at South Towne this time ...
Yep .. it is better than the Salt Palace ...
A few good deals were there .. I found some Radway Green 308 and some strippers....
And spied an idiot vendor selling an SW5 with a sticker claiming it to be a HK94... right next to a Green Label 9mm "perbanned" AR...
lol...
But ... talking with the young lady at ASA she did not realize the difference between her mag block and the Colt one piece ... the Colt allows the Bolt Stop to work ... the ASA does not ... where Colt has the little sliding bolt catch actuator in its block the ASA does not .. and therefore just ignores the capability...

Ted...
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:12:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Since my wife has the baby ALL WEEK, leaving her at home on the weekend to go to a gunshow alone is OUT.  It's hard enough convincing her to stay at home and watch the kid while I go out to practice or for a match.

Besides, as No_Expert said, strollers are really handy as shopping carts.

Oh, like others, what I hate the most is dealers that try to pass postban merchandise as preban.  I've seen the one particular dealer trying to sell the same Colt "preban" Match Target for about the past year.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:27:42 PM EDT
[#50]
my favorite is the Vendors who lie. i know i put some of these in another post but this weekend i heard:

Orlites are better than USGI thats why the israelis use them

Radway-green SS109 is a hotter load than M855

one guy told me he was the only Marine to ever go to BUD/S. he also told me that when he sent away for his POW bracelt he miraculously got his father's. and that he was in the same Marine unit his dad was in and his CO served with his dad

Colts are closer to mil-spec than bushys

the AR15 will not tolerate more than 600rds without cleaning

Marines completed issue of MOLLE gear 2 years ago (i'm a Marine and i dont have one)

"thats the same scope Marine snipers use" (speaking of a Leatherwood ART2)

fat guys who wear cammies with incorrect insignia like they just bought what looked cool.

i saw a guy in cammies Marked with Marines BOS tape but he had a subdued CIB sewn on

i will NOT pay $4.99 a box for Q3131a

yes i know home-schooling will save the world

and NO, i dont want any *%#@! kettle-corn!!!

thanks for letting me vent gentlemen.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top