Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2001 12:23:07 PM EDT
To make a long story short...

My buddy is getting married and I am the best man. I'm only 22 and have never done this before. I know one of my jobs is to plan the bachelor party :D , but what else is the best man obligated to do?

Please give me some ideas for a bachelor party in the San Antonio area. Also, share some stories if you have any good ones!

Thanks!
Death_By_AR15
(Formerly Marine Grunt2 on the old board)

Link Posted: 1/23/2001 12:27:21 PM EDT
[#1]
If you were in SoCal, I know these 2 girls that will give you a show of a lifetime. [:D] I also know of these three that will ummmm....the groom and the best man. I've been a best man 4x now and have used them a few times. [>]:)]

Seriously, you are also responsible for getting the groom to the wedding. Helping with wedding arrangements. More importantly the first toast at the reception.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 12:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Your no.1 priority is to take pictures of the strippers and post them here for all to see. [:D] [:D] [:D]

I grew up in a small town and all we ever did was go to the bar and get fallin' down, stinkin' drunk. About like any other weekend night.

Congraguations to the groom, have fun and be safe. Humm, wouldn't that be an oxymoron? [:)]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 12:37:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Party depends on how much money you can raise, ie charge each person who attends a minimum of twenty bucks.
In order of importance:
Stripper(s)
beer
girls who provide special services
food
I threw a few and usaully hire two strippers, lots of alcohol, one or two girls who takes care of the doomed for free the rest pay, large BBQ. Usually in a house.
I invite as many folks as I can get away with and charge a little cash, there`s always the odd neighbor or friend that shows up w/out being invited, charge them at the door.
This can get real pricey if done right thats why I charge cause it`s done right. People are usually happy to pay and always leave with a smile.
Call a cab co and get ready to take keys away, the point is everyone has a good time there and gets home safely.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 1:00:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Rich314 has it right.
The easyest way to make the money you need is to print up party tickets on your pc. Use business card paper. Give 10 or 20 tickets apiece to friends to sell them to whoever. Keep a list of the tickets you give everyone so you get the right amount of money back. Do this well ahead of time so you have a good idea of the no of people you will have coming and you will also have all the money up front to pay for everything. 20bucks a head sounds right.
Have fun
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 1:08:41 PM EDT
[#5]
My best man got me not married the first time around.

Be sensitive to the bride as well. Getting the bachelor laid isn't a smart idea.

Get him drunk, get some strippers, but make sure his wick stays dry.

Your job is to say goodbye is a carzy way. And then, say it again on the wediing day in a dignified way.

Good luck.
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 1:29:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Like everyone else said. It's your duty to toast the couple at the wedding, help plan as necessary to make sure things go smoothly, make sure all the guys in the wedding party show up properly dressed, etc. You're the groom's champion. Just like in the old days when a man brought his "best man" with him to snatch the bride from her father's house.

As far as the party, you can help arrange it, pick the location, select the caterer, babes, make sure everyone pays their share, and make sure the groom doesn't do anything he'll regret. Also, make it clear to the bride that you'll keep her man in line during his last night of drunken debauchery.

We had two strippers at my brother's party. God, what babes! They handcuffered him, lap danced the poor guy, yada, yada, yada. The best part was the $5 tequila shots. Naked girl lies down, places full shot glass on her tummy, places salt on her left inner thigh, lime juice on her right inner thigh, this is about 2 inches from her you know what, you suck the tequila out of the glass, and then lick the salt and lime juice from either thigh. You should have seen us guys -- like primal animals, faces covered with lime, salt, tequila. Animals...

The guy who's house we had the party at made the mistake of inviting 20 girls over for another party after the strippers left. Those girls were lucky to escape with their lives.

mattja
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top