Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 10:44:08 AM EDT
Senator Bruce McPherson is a [b]REPUBLICAN[/b], who voted for the handgun "safety certificate", "assault weapons" ban, and the "unsafe handguns" ban.

[url]www.newschannel11.com/MoreNews/readstory.asp?s=0111_sonofsentatordies[/url]

CA senator's son victim of fatal shooting outside SF home

November 17, 2001 -- State Sen. Bruce McPherson's son was fatally shot while walking home early Saturday in what appears to be a robbery shooting.

Hunter McPherson, 27, was near his Potrero Hill home at about 2 a.m. when the shooting occurred on a sidewalk in front of a house, police said.

He was shot in the upper torso and later died at San Francisco General Hospital.

No arrests have been made, but Mayor Willie Brown has offered a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and conviction. Police said such a reward is not unusual.

Bruce McPherson is a Republican senator from Santa Cruz who is a candidate for lieutenant governor. The senator, who represents the 15th district, declined to comment Saturday.

Senate Minority Leader Jim Brulte, R-Rancho Cucamonga, said he met Hunter McPherson in 1993, when his father first ran for the state Assembly.

"He was just a really decent young man who always had a pleasant disposition," Brulte said. "It's a very close-knit family. This is just a tragedy."

Police declined to say whether Hunter McPherson was with anyone else at the time of the shooting, but they did say no other victims were involved.

Because the murder occurred in the early morning hours, Deputy Chief Mindy Pengel said police are "still seeking witnesses to this case."

"We're hopeful that there will be people who will come forward with information they might have, something strange they might have heard," Pengel said.

Lt. Judie Pursell said the neighborhood where the shooting occurred has both residences and businesses.

"I don't recall having a homicide there for a while," Pursell said.

Pursell said the murder wasn't related to other overnight shootings in the San Francisco Bay Area. Pengel added that Hunter McPherson did not appear to have been a target because of
 his father's position.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:46:10 AM EDT
[#1]
I bet he was shot with one of those unregistered pistols that all the laws in Kali are supposed to protect them from. If he had a gun himself to carry he would be able to defend himself, oh but no CCW in Kali.

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:51:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I bet he was shot with one of those unregistered pistols that all the laws in Kali are supposed to protect them from. If he had a gun himself to carry he would be able to defend himself, oh but no CCW in Kali.

View Quote

This EXACTLY what I was going to say.  HighlandMac, you speak for the both of us.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:59:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:59:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted: I bet he was shot with one of those unregistered pistols that all the laws in Kali are supposed to protect them from. If he had a gun himself to carry he would be able to defend himself, oh but no CCW in Kali.
View Quote

Exactly.

This is why I moved out of the PRK... did'nt want my family to be defensless.  Now I'm looking for a good pistol for the wife, and a .22 to start my daughter on - would have never dared that in the PRK.

But my question is will this change his stance on gun control - probably.  He'll want more now.  'tis unfortunate.

BTW, the title might be changed to reflect that it's a State Senator, not Boxer or Feinnazi...
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:12:21 AM EDT
[#5]
The fact that his father a republican is irrelevant.

Republicans and democrats are the same thing.

The question I would be asking, is what was he doing outside his house at 2am?

This was a drug deal that ended in the death of another drug abuser.

Of course the local media won't report the truth.

Expect antigun legislation from his dad.

Waterdog
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:21:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:26:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Mike "Imbroglio Fan Club Member" H.
View Quote

You too! What number are you? I'm number IFCM18726[:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 11:38:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I only had one son-of-a-bitch try to rob me after I became an adult and he ended up looking the barrel of one of my guns. Needless to say, he became a coward very fast.

It sent like this:

1) I park and go up to the ATM.
2) I get my money and get back to my truck's door.
3) An SUV pulls up and 2 young men get out.
4) The first starts trying to get me to "buy some speakers."
5) I say no thanks and he continues to insist and move closer.
6) He says why don't you come over here and look in the back and see them.
7) I had $500 Cash (Rent) on my person and was not going into a trap. I know they musta saw get the money.
8) I say no thanks and the SOB keeps coming towards me.
9) I tell him I don't have enough money. So he says well let's go over to the ATM and get some
10) Alarm Bells in my head are going off like crazy.
11) Eventually, this guy is getting too close and I can't tell what he going to do next.
12) My car door is open already and my 12 Gauge is right inside the door. This SOB doesn't yet know that I am armed.
13) He gets too damn close and is still moving towards me
14) I pull my shotgun and rack the slide.
15) The SOB gets that "Deer In The Headlights" look. He starts backing off really quickly and saying it was "OK, I don't have to buy...."
16) Out of the corner of my eye I see his partner running like a chicken with its head cut off for the vehicle. The 1st guy is already at his SUV and is getting in. He gets in and starts rolling when his buddy jumps in.

I realized afterwards, his partner was moving around to my rear and I hadn't noticed it. If I hadn't had a gun he may have gotten behind me. They knew I had alot of money on me and who knows what they woulda done.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:52:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Senator Bruce McPherson will probably end up with a rare Calif. CCW.  Being an anti-gun politico, he will the access.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:56:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Tough shit for Bruce [-!-!-]

<-- Stuck in Kali

not to be toooo tacky, but ........

1 less gungrabber [bounce]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:57:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

OMG!!!!!!! I was out walking home from the bar last night after 2 AM!! I MUST HAVE BOUGHT SOME DRUGS AND I DONT REMEMBER IT!!! NO!!!  OMG!!! I'm a druggie and don't know it!!!  This really sucks, if I'm going to have a drug problem I at least want to enjoy it......

[8P] [8P]

-SS
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:18:20 PM EDT
[#12]
cc, sounds like you handled the situation well. My brother got jumped the same way at the ATM but they beat the p*ss out of him... needless to say, if its a get out and walk up ATM, I've got more triggers than a SWAT storming party.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:19:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:40:53 PM EDT
[#14]
about the 2am thing
so what? I got home from my friend's at 4:30AM last night. No drugs envolved, just a group of friends relaxing and having fun

about the legislation
sadly you are probably right

Quoted:

Waterdog
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:42:13 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The fact that his father a republican is irrelevant.

Republicans and democrats are the same thing.

Of course the local media won't report the truth.

Waterdog
View Quote

that was my first thought as well. Of course he could have been watching the meteor shower also.

mike
View Quote

Hah, I was watching the meteor shower with a USP45 in my front pocket.  Didn't want some scumbag getting the jump on me with my head tilted towards the sky.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top