Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2001 5:45:34 AM EDT
[size=4]6000 take suicide vow[/size=4]
By Lynne O'Donnell, Termez November 17, 2001

WITH nothing to lose and nowhere to hide, thousands of foreign fighters loyal to the retreating Taliban were trapped inside the northeastern city of Kunduz yesterday, facing certain death in what is shaping up to be the worst bloodbath of the Afghan war.

Opposition forces claimed to have captured senior Taliban leaders in a move that could yield valuable intelligence, as the search for terror mastermind Osama bin Laden continued and the rout of the Taliban escalated.

As the holy month of Ramadan began, and US President George W. Bush sent greetings to the Muslim world, US B-52s bombers pounded the few remaining Taliban positions in northern Afghanistan, consolidating the Northern Alliance's tightening grip on the region.

Kunduz, near the border with Tajikistan, was surrounded as the Northern Alliance blocked all escape routes with tanks, armoured personnel carriers and heavy artillery in preparation for a siege.

Between 2000 and 6000 foreigners – Pakistanis, Arabs, Uighurs from China, Chechens and Uzbeks, recruited from the ranks of hardline Muslims to fight bin Laden's jihad, or holy war – faced slaughter as alliance leaders ordered their fighters to leave no enemy alive.

Until yesterday, the alliance leaders said they were trying to convince the trapped Taliban loyalists to surrender and avoid being massacred. But as the deadline neared, it became clear Kunduz was about to be pounded into the ground as the Taliban supporters stuck to their word to "fight with the last drop of our blood".

Senior officers of the alliance said they had given explicit orders to their troops to shoot every one of the foreign fundamentalists.

Regional alliance commander General Mohammed Dawood Khan said: "We have to separate and distinguish between Afghan Taliban, the local Taliban and the international terrorists who are in Kunduz province.

"We will invite the people to join us and give the low-ranking Taliban the opportunity to appear in a court of law. But we will have no negotiations with the high-ranking terrorists.

"We will not deal with them. They are killers. They assassinated our leader, Ahmed Shah Masood."

An alliance spokesman said yesterday: "We will hang (any captured Taliban) them in the stadium where they hanged our people."

In the face of defeat, local fighters are deserting in droves, resorting to the well-worn Afghan tactic of choosing the winning side, or simply returning to their home villages.

Kunduz is the last northern stronghold of the Taliban, defeated in the rest of the region by the alliance forces, who look set to take control of most of the country as Ramadan begins.

Bin Laden remains on the run but the Pentagon vowed to step up the hunt for the man the US believes was behind the September 11 attacks on New York and Washington. The US Defence Department confirmed leaders of the Taliban and bin Laden's al-Qa'ida terror network were killed in targeted bombing on Kabul and the Taliban's spiritual base, Kandahar.

See article at: [url]http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5744,3266119%255E2703,00.html[/url]

Eric The(Yeah,Whatever!)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:51:50 AM EDT
[#1]
If the do commit sucide, it will save a lot of money.  6,[email protected]  $360  plus the world will have a hard time blaming us(US).
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:54:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#3]
This is one government program I heartily endorse. We should encourage them to dispose of themselves, to save us the trouble, and expense.

Why am I reminded of the suicide squad in Monty Python's Life of Brian? :^)
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:13:56 AM EDT
[#4]
There seems to be a run on virgins up in Muslim martyr heaven right now.  Those guys better hurry up or they will miss out. Hope they know by now we are there to help but damn it we can't do it all!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:14:59 AM EDT
[#5]
And the problem with this being?

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:32:03 AM EDT
[#6]
This would let them meet Allah and have all those virgins now.
Go for it scumbags.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:12:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Go for it scumbags.
View Quote

I wish those SOB's virgins turn out to be fat & ugly old-maid bitches and they get henpecked for eternity. F'you scumbags.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 9:18:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:15:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:26:06 AM EDT
[#11]
And like a Pacific Commander said, referring to Japanese Suicide Troops, "We should assist them in their noble effort."

Or as another US leader said...

The "object" of war is NOT to die for YOUR country, but to get the other guy to die for HIS.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:29:01 AM EDT
[#12]
GO for it.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:37:00 AM EDT
[#13]
I find the word "Threaten" as funny as hell! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I dare 'em...I double dare 'em...They arent man enough... [:D]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 10:53:10 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted: [size=4]6000 take suicide vow[/size=4]
By Lynne O'Donnell, Termez November 17, 2001

As the holy month of Ramadan began, and US President George W. Bush sent greetings to the Muslim world, [i]US B-52s bombers pounded the few remaining Taliban positions in northern Afghanistan[/i], consolidating the Northern Alliance's tightening grip on the region.
View Quote

Those [b]were[/b] the greeting to the Muslim world... don't spit in the Eagle's face!

We should just let them know "We're from the gummint and we're here to hep yew..."  the one time I can look at that phrase in a positive light.  Send 'em on their way!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 12:08:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Make sure that none of them escape alive, whatever it takes.

These were the ones who were dancing in the streets in the week following Sept. 11. They volunteered to fight us and support bin Laden, if they get away there can be no question that they will support further attacks against the US.

Kill them all.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 1:09:08 PM EDT
[#17]
It does really seem sad that people believe in something with such dogmatism that they get into this kind of situation over it. First they kill people in the name of their religion, then they kill themselves than rather surrender and continue to live while learning how their actions and beliefs are so wrong and against anything humane and kind.

At the bare minimum, we are giving up 6,000 cheap laborers who could be used to accomplish something constructive out of forced interment.

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:18:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Boy, talk about an "empty" threat!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 2:26:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Best wishes in accompolishing their own demise, what a wonderful idea, hope they keep the faith!
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:15:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 3:22:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Is there an address where we can send the Nikes and pudding?  If that is too bulky, I will offer KoolAid instead.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Eric thanks for posting this stuff, you're doing a great roundup on news coming outta Afghanistan.  And the news is good!
[beer]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:52:33 PM EDT
[#23]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quoted:
Go for it scumbags.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I wish those SOB's virgins turn out to be fat & ugly old-maid bitches and they get henpecked for eternity. F'you scumbags
View Quote

I just noticed that whenever they (Muslims) refer to the virgins that Allah will provide. They never state if they are male or female....just virgins. Could be goats. They are rather fond of the livestock, I hear.

Link Posted: 11/18/2001 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#24]
Lest anyone feel suffering for these 6000 lost souls...

[img]http://www.evergreen.edu/user/library/govdocs/hotopics/palestiniancheersm.jpg[/img]

A Palestinian fires his rifle in celebration as children dance around him at Ain al-Hilweh refugee camp near the port city Sidon in south Lebanon September 11, 2001. Arab leaders voiced shock and horror at devastating attacks that leveled symbols of American power Tuesday, but a chorus of cheers rose from streets that resent U.S. backing of Israel. (Ali Hashisho/Reuters)
View Quote

[img]http://www.abqjournal.com/pix/palestin09-11-01.jpg[/img]

A group of children near east Jerusalem's Old City wave Palestinian flags and chant anti-U.S slogans as they react to the news of a terrorist attack on the World Trade Center in New York Tuesday Sept. 11, 2001. (AP Photo/Lefteris Pitarakis)
View Quote

(Check out the snappy dressed guy on the right.  I'll remember.  Just like I remembered "read more books and do more bowling..")

You can rest assured that the 6000 soon to be dead were celebrating all the merrier on 9-11.  Well it's 11-18 today boys, and you thought you hated us before, look how nice life is now.  Reap it boys, reap it.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:39:41 AM EDT
[#25]
Well cry me a river.[>(]
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 1:46:53 AM EDT
[#26]
"Do it for Johnny."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top