Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/17/2001 7:22:58 PM EDT
Develop an optical site that interfaces with a digital camera and is activated by the pull of the trigger. If one exists I've never seen it. The idea came to me because I'd like to have a photo of game animals before the kill. Any thoughts? I can imagine several applications.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Step 1:  Buy a PSG1 for about $13K

Step 2:  Buy this at [url]http://www.ccfa.com/confirm.htm[/url] for $3500

[img]http://www.ccfa.com/images/HK%20PSG-1%20confirmed%20kill%20camera%20detail%201.JPG[/img]

HK PSG-1 "CONFIRMED KILL" CAMERA

It ain't digital, but it'll do the trick.

Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:36:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I was imagining something a little more utilitarian. Something that you could mount on the common hunting rifle . The technology has to exist. Someone needs to refine it and make it available to the average hunter/shooter.  
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:39:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmm...
and if you tweaked the timing you could get some cool shots of bullets in flight.

I've thought of interfacing cameras with computers like that, but I don't have the technical skills(yet?) to pull this off.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:41:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 7:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
A lot of lenses could not take the recoil.  That's gotta be one of the biggest problems with off the shelf cameras.  Now, if you could hook a camera body up to the scope and use it as a lens, that could work
View Quote

If you had enough technical know-how, you could simply take out the light-capturing device from a digital camera(is it called a CCD?) and rig it up properly - distance, focus, whatever. Those things are solid-state electronic components, and should be able to take the shock.

Hell, you could probably rig it up to a laptop and give your hunting buddies the scope-cam view!
Take that, FOX!!!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:14:14 PM EDT
[#6]
There is/was a guy doing a gun video cam for paintball, he had it isolated. I will try to find.
SSD
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 8:29:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 4:51:53 AM EDT
[#8]
Look in SGN's
1/Nov/01
Page 59
DSA ad
HK mfg---$2500.00...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top