Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/17/2001 4:49:51 AM EDT
i have a 20" h-bar colt with a wilson combat muzzle brake & a 3x24 acog scope. with winshester 64 grain high velocity power points how do think i would on a typical shoulder shot on an alabama whitetail.thanks,irondog1911.
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 5:01:02 AM EDT
[#1]
I used it on a very nice 2-3 yr old doe. Blew its heart out. Shot placement is key!!  But I killed a good sized boar that same weekend and it stoped it as well, shot right behind the neck. I dont know how much bigger your deer are in AL but I bet not any real diiference than what we hunt in south GA.  Good luck, shoot straight!!!

[beer]

I used a 20" hbar with a 4-16 x 50mm scope only shot in 4x because where we hunt is covered in old growth hardwoods!
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have read that the 64gr PP are VERY effective against bipeds when shot out of the M4's 14.5" barrel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top