Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/16/2001 3:43:16 PM EDT
I'm enjoying one as we speak.MMMMM beeeeer!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:44:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Coors Light is useless as a beer.
Sure, hand me one on a hot day and I thank you, and drink it.
BUT, that's some nasty beer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm sorry sir, but this is where you're mistaken. Budwieser is the KING OF BEERS! No other beer brewer can make this claim.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:47:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Labat Blue is the only way to go..
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:51:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll second that for Labatt's Blue being a good beer.  Coors isnt bad, I'll through it into the SAME class as Bud.  In fact, Bud, Coors, and Leinenkugels are the only defacto American beers I like (Sam Adams is still my all time favorite).

JRB
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:51:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Ewwwww, Coors.

IMHO, I'd have to say that the best tasting light beer would be Corona regular NFL([u]N[/u]o [u]F[/u]riggin' [u]L[/u]ime).

My taste for heavy beer is evident in my sig pic.[:D]

Anyway...Here's to a nice cold one..or two...or ten. [beer]

Alex
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:52:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:00:07 PM EDT
[#7]
OH   MY     GAWD!!!!!

What you guys are drinking is euphimistically called beer.  It's actually 'lager'.  One more nefarious scheme foisted upon us by the Nazis. [;)]

Ever heard of Ale???  You must all be under 21.

CB
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:03:07 PM EDT
[#8]
What the hell is wrong with you people, any beer is good beer. I would hope that non eof you would turn down a cold one no matter what brand it is. Im very disapointed in you guys..
[spank]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#9]
HAHA....like any of the above mentioned toilet water could ever stand against Saint George Killians devine Irish Red.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I favor "Lion Piss Porter", Murphwanda's most popular potable.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:12:31 PM EDT
[#11]
I like coors too. The first swallow tastes just as good as the last.

I always add a shake or two of salt to any beer I drink. Anybody else do that?

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
HAHA....like any of the above mentioned toilet water could ever stand against Saint George Killians devine Irish Red.
View Quote

Killians is good, I normally drink lagers. I like heavy beers too, like Guiness (yummy) but they arent exactly refreshing, more like drinking a bottle of gravy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:20:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Killians is good, I normally drink lagers. I like heavy beers too, like Guiness (yummy) but they arent exactly refreshing, more like drinking a bottle of gravy.
View Quote

I like Guiness too. Its the only beer that I have ever had, that when it falls out, you can pick it up and put it back in the glass

[beer]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:32:44 PM EDT
[#15]
You guys have obviously never been to Germany. The bier there is so much better that since I got back last June I haven't been able to drink ANY American beers. Licher, Bitburger, Warstiener, Paulaner, Franziskaner, you name it. Any one of them blows away ANY American brew. You guys need some culture...:D

Matt
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:49:23 PM EDT
[#16]
About 20 years back when I was younger I drank nothing but original Coors.Then it was made in a traditional manner,that is only:Water,Barley and Hops.
Now however Coors like Bud,Miller etc. "brew" their swill using RICE.Can't make good beer with rice,they use it as a filler to keep the price cheap for the unrefined palates of the average American.RICE gives it a starchy taste and Coors will never be the same.Now I prefer Dutch,German,Danish,English,Irish and Belgian beer as well as a few from some micros domestically.But hey if you like that stuff,bottoms up my friend,and enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Wasatch Superior Ale
Uintah Cutthroat Pale Ale
If you want a lager, Heineken Light

"Suppose you were an idiot...And suppose you were a member of Congress...But I repeat myself."
Mark Twain
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:05:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Ummm... doesn't all beer taste like crap?
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#19]
American beer is like sex in a canoe......f*ckng close to water.
The only good beer is German beer.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:17:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Flame time   EVERYBODY HAS THEIR ON CHOICE AND DIFFRENT TASTE FOR BEER BUT  SOME IMPORTED BEER SMELLS LIKE A NASTY UNDER ARM  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Molsen Canadian.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:21:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
BUT  SOME IMPORTED BEER SMELLS LIKE A NASTY UNDER ARM  
View Quote

pour it in a glass, it goes away.  Edit because I wasnt specific:  The smell goes away.

[):)]
NSF
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:23:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Fizzy yellow beer is for girls.
[url]www.arrogantbastard.com[/url]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Well fellows yall can drink all of it that you want to ,and please drink my part to . I will stick to Bud light and the stuff these old timers make around home.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:32:28 PM EDT
[#25]
Yeah, I hardly drink the yellow stuff any more - Corona WTFL (With the Friggin Lime) when I'm on the boat, Molson Golden when on shore...

But give me a really good dark beer (preferably one I've brewed myself) and I'm all set [:)]

Heck, the wife like my beer better than anything she's had (except when in England, in the pubs - there the shandy rules her)...
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:36:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:51:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Yeah, I hardly drink the yellow stuff any more - Corona WTFL (With the Friggin Lime)
View Quote

I used to drink Corona WTFL until I went to a bar that served me one with a rancid lime. No joke, I was sick all night long. To this day I love Corona but can never have lime again. Unless it's with Mexican food. [;)]

Alex
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:01:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ewwwww, Coors.

IMHO, I'd have to say that the best tasting light beer would be Corona regular NFL([u]N[/u]o [u]F[/u]riggin' [u]L[/u]ime).

My taste for heavy beer is evident in my sig pic.[:D]

Anyway...Here's to a nice cold one..or two...or ten. [beer]

I can only drink Corona on pay day

Alex
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:05:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
By the way - the most delicious beverage ever is not beer.  It is vintage port (either 1977, or 1963).
View Quote

GASP! Well, DK, I now have proof at least that [b]miracles[/b] can happen - because on this issue we agree... [:)]

MMMMM, Porto ....

Now you've done it, I was all set to have Chianti with dinner tonight, now I've got to dig out my bottle of Port....
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:06:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah, I hardly drink the yellow stuff any more - Corona WTFL (With the Friggin Lime)
View Quote

I used to drink Corona WTFL until I went to a bar that served me one with a rancid lime. No joke, I was sick all night long. To this day I love Corona but can never have lime again. Unless it's with Mexican food. [;)]

Alex
View Quote

Ah, but that is the only way to have a Corona (with food) - but by that time I'm usually ready for teh Margarita...[:o]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:07:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Coors gives way to much money to the tree huggers. Would never buy any.

Aviator  [img]www.milpubs.com/aviator.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:14:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Germans are good at two things. Guns and cars.
View Quote

The Belgians make better shotguns, too. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:15:31 PM EDT
[#33]
I never turn down FREE beer, but usually the only free beer given out is Coors Light/Bud Light/Olympia 'cuz it's cheap, but it still has an alcohol content, and after like 11 of them, you don't care what you're drinking anymore.  My favorite is Michelob Amber Bock.

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:18:03 PM EDT
[#34]
My wife drinks that "wimpy Mexican beer" (Corona), but I prefer something a bit more substantial.  I am presently enjoying a Skagit Brown Ale, with the fajitas she just served me.  I live only 65 miles from Skagit River Brewing Co. (and I'll stop by there tomorrow).  They used to call their brew Steelie Brown Ale (the Skagit River is known for steelhead), until those weenies at Steelhead Brewing threatened to sue them.  

Skagit River Brewing also makes a good porter.  And I do enjoy a stout now and then.  My wife drinks their lighter brews.    

Deschutes Brewery makes "Obsidian Stout," that's not bad.  

I really like the "sex in a canoe" analogy.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:21:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Alex

View Quote

Ah, but that is the only way to have a Corona (with food) - but by that time I'm usually ready for teh Margarita...[:o]
View Quote

[:D] Don't even want to get into Margarita's with me.
Okay, I'm gonna give you the formula for margarita's.

Start out with a pitcher:

1.Add two of the frozen minute maid lime mixes.

2.Using Minute Maid container: Add one to two containers full of crushed ice...

3.Three quarters full of [b]Sauza[/b]

4.one and three quarters full  of [b]sparkeling Lime water[/b]

Add Tequila and Ice to taste.

Forget the mixes...Try this!

Alex

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:21:55 PM EDT
[#36]
"Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy."  

--Ben Franklin
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#37]
The REASON American beer and beer imported to America from other countries tastes like crap is [b]PASTEURIZATION[/b]!

Go to Canada and drink a Molsen Export Ale....try the "same" Molsen in the US!

Do the same taste test with any good European, Austalian, Chinese, Mexican (or any other imported foreign) beer.  

Pasteurization of good beer is a [b]CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY[/b]

DaMan      
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:51:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Forgot who said it first....

American beer isn't for people who like beer, it's for people who like to pee a lot.

Of course that was before the micro brews got known and expanded beyond the "niche".  Tonight I think I'll be downing a Deschuttes Brewery Black Butte Porter.  Still one of my favs.

[beer] Stu
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:53:01 PM EDT
[#39]
I've been drinking original Coors since the early 70's. Yes it did taste better back before it was sold nationally. It didnt used to be sold east of Texas. I figure I've drank enough of their product to have paid for at least part of the #40 Winston Cup Car. [:P]

I've been laughed at, and called a scab supporter,(union trouble in the plant in the late 70's and early 80's)etc for years. I've noticed here lately it's become sort of a Yuppie beer. Guess they just found a good thing, that or a new ad company.

They support the shooting sports almost as much a Bud does.

By the way Shiner Bock is my second choice but then it is a jonny-come-lately.[:)]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Anybody ever drink Augsberger? Haven't seen that stuff in ages. Can't even remember if it was good or not cause its been so long.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:03:07 PM EDT
[#41]
I like the High Life, Miller style [8P]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:11:31 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Anybody ever drink Augsberger?
View Quote

rainman, you aren't thinking of "Augustiner" are you?  If you are, this is a German beer that is nectar of the gods!

DaMan
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#43]
ARROGANT BASTARD!!! I never thought I'd hear someone bring THAT one up in a beer conversation. Good stuff....

Ah, Coors and Coors Light. Or as my friends and I like to say, "Rat Piss and Diet Rat Piss". It could be worse.....2 years at UMass and the acronym "MGD" will be enough to kill you.

I'm usually a Guiness myself....if I want something I don't need silverware to drink I go with a Bass. Though one I couldn't help but remember as a decent beer.....

Hebrew. Don't pass up, Passover! (I shit you not, it's a real beer).
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:27:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Dang, i can't believe that only one other person on this board has any taste at all.  Yall need to go to Texas and start drinkin SHINER BOCK.  Coors is my second fav, but noone and i mean noone can beat a nice cold shiner bock.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
ARROGANT BASTARD!!! I never thought I'd hear someone bring THAT one up in a beer conversation. Good stuff....

Ah, Coors and Coors Light. Or as my friends and I like to say, "Rat Piss and Diet Rat Piss". It could be worse.....2 years at UMass and the acronym "MGD" will be enough to kill you.

I'm usually a Guiness myself....if I want something I don't need silverware to drink I go with a Bass. Though one I couldn't help but remember as a decent beer.....

Hebrew. Don't pass up, Passover! (I shit you not, it's a real beer).
View Quote

Umm..Sorry but I dont like to chew my beer.
Guiness? Yuck!!!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:49:20 PM EDT
[#46]
This reminds me of a joke... The head of Coors, Anheuser Bush and Guinness where all at a beer convention and ended up in a bar together.  The head of coors ordered a Coors while the Anheuser Bush guy ordered a Budweiser.  The head of Guinness then ordered a coke to which the other two gave him a strange look.  When he saw the expressions on their faces he stated "If you guys aren't drinking beer, then I won't drink beer."  

Seriously Guinness is the way to go or Young's Double Chocolate Stout which I had the pleasure of experiencing at the Angus Barn in NC.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:59:35 PM EDT
[#47]
DaMan, no. I'm pretty sure I'm thinking of Augsberger. Despite its name its a domestic beer. Green bottle if I remember correctly.

Anybody ever drink EKU 28? I did. But only once.

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:00:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
You guys have obviously never been to Germany. The bier there is so much better that since I got back last June I haven't been able to drink ANY American beers. Licher, Bitburger, Warstiener, Paulaner, Franziskaner, you name it. Any one of them blows away ANY American brew. You guys need some culture...:D

Matt
View Quote

I've actually had lots of German beer, most of it is pretty light in taste, just a bit more bitter. A big part of the "greatness" of German beer is the fact that it's from Germany not here. It isn't bad, but Americans make beer thats just as good (just like everything else)
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:03:46 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I'm sorry sir, but this is where you're mistaken. Budwieser is the KING OF BEERS! No other beer brewer can make this claim.
View Quote

Absolutely right.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:11:10 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Get yourself a good English ale or some true Czech pilsner.  
View Quote

I'm not English.
I'm not Czech.

I'm AMERICAN, I like AMERICAN beer.It tastes like beer.And right about now it feels like beer.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top