Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/5/2001 6:33:57 PM EDT
I have a DPMS Stainless lower and came teflon coated from the factory. Looks nice but the teflon (or anything else) does not stick well to the Stainless. It started to scratch and the white metal was showing all over the place. I have two choices:
- to have it recoated and go through the whole process again, or
- to clean the coat and have the lower in natural metal finish.
My question is how well is the glass bead blasting process works.
- does it makes a nice and uniform clean ?
- how much does it pitts the surface ?
- how will the surface look after the process is done ?
- is there any other choice ?
I would preffer the natural metal look.
If you have this process done or if have done it for somebody please advice. I would appreciate any pictures of the before and after surface.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/5/2001 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Glassbeads won't pit or damage SS. It will be a uniform frosted medium gray. (like DPMS SS bbl's or Win Heavy Varmint bbl's) SS can also be "blued". It comes out black matte. I use a Brownells product called OXYNATE No 84. Check with refinishers in your area. Most can do SS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top