Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 9:01:52 PM EDT
I am planning on spending a few days in Eureka Springs, AR. then I will head on over to Branson,Mo., and then finally to St. Louis.  Can any of you local guys (AR.& MO.)tell me how to correctly store my weapon while going thru your wonderful states.  I'm a bit paranoid when staying in hotels unarmed. I am planning on traveling with my glock in its case, unloaded, with the slide locked open, and a thru the mag-well lock. The mags are gonna be unloaded and in the case w/gun.  The ammo is gonna be in seperate locked ammo box.  Does this sound safe enough...I would hate to go thru a 1shot1kill type thing.  
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:06:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Anyone???
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:18:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Tony: rather than give you info from a book which may have changed since purchsed, do what I do.

Call the Highway Patrol of the states in which you plan to travel, make note of the officer's name you talk to and get your info first hand. If anything goes awry you tell em where you got your info (which explains why your carrying the way your are) and the officers name and I have yet to have any seroius problems.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:27:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Do you have a Texas concealed carry license?  If so, we have reciprocity with AK.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:18:50 AM EDT
[#4]
This is overkill for AR.
An unloaded Glock with a loaded mag 2" away is OK in your vehicle and hotel.
Just don't show it in public and you will be OK.
Where are you staying?
cpermd
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 7:57:39 AM EDT
[#5]
MO State Law says pistol must be transported in separate compartment of vehicle than ammunition.
Say, ammo locked in glove box and pistol case in trunk or vice-versa. You can't have both readily accessible to put together for "Boom".
If you transport it this way make sure it is packed in a bag when you put it in the trunk. This will prevent the soccer-mom checking out the same time as you are from calling the local PD at all.
MO is working on CCL but the strongest lobby is KC and St Louis. Very liberal areas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top