Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 8:48:27 PM EDT
What do you guys think about the woodland camo pattern. While this is a great pattern for the summer months, when used in the fall, winter and early spring the dark green and black really jumps out. IMHO that the Realtree and Advantage patterns are much more effective at breaking up your outline. Have my WTS kit set up so I use the woodland during the summer and I use Advantage Timber for f/w/sp. Is there any company that makes LBV similar to Blackhawk's in the Advantage or Realtree camos? Seems like a great $$$ making opportunity to me.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 2:05:41 AM EDT
[#1]
soneone needs to slap your nutz!
yes the civilian camo patterns work well but nothing is more versatile than GI woodland. WHO would buy an LBV in realtree...you, and you're the only one.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:23:49 AM EDT
[#2]
ok you guys need to settle down, it's not like "us army eveerything, raaaaaaa, this must be issue, raaaa, i want everything they have, raaaaaaaa, i wear army clothes on a day by day basis, raaaaa"

ok? if it ain't issue it doesn't suck, i've used lots of products in the field. weather military or not. hell, i wear canandian army greens in the woods, they work prettty good. just a plain green uniform. of course no i've seen the new canadian camo pattern and i want that.

also, do you live in snow country? you  should buy some whites. the overcovers that go over outer clothing. them and a white balaclava and some snowmobile boots and you'd be set.

bottom line, don't shoot him down because he wants to wear hunitng camo, at least he's trying to be ready for things. don't jusat say because somethngs versitile that it's best for everything. when a truck comes form the factory it has all season tires (except hummer) they are the most versitile tires for all conditions. if i was gonna mudbog that truck i would put on different tires.

also the cops will think less of a guy that looks like a hunter than a guy running around in the woods wearing military clothes witha weapon.

lighten up fellas.

OffRoad
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:30:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Rhodesian.  

Bigger pattern and more browns.  

Ever walk up on a deer and never see it until it bolts?  It happens any time of the year.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:41:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Hey Nuts,
Eagle makes web gear in tiger stripe. You might check Eagle and Blackhawks web sites.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 8:15:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Other than the fact that the Commandant doesn't want us to look like the Army, the reason the Marines are changing their utility uniform is that the overall coloring is too dark in the current uniform.  The average coloring of the new uniform is light enough that it doesn't look like a dark blob a medium distance.  The desert version looks pretty cool too.

Link Posted: 11/16/2001 1:52:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#7]
hey Troy...great article...even an old grunt can learn something from that article...very intersting read...thanx
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:29:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Have you guys seen the new Canadian Pattern?  Looks more like Russian than anything I can think of.. I will have to find some pics of it.
Anyway the 1000 troops we are sending to Afganistan are all sporting it.

Oh BTW I also prefer Rhodesian...that or my ghillie.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:31:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Geez, smack my ass and call me bitch. Just wanted to get some opinions from you guys out there in ARland. I honestly think current issue Woodland is too dark. No need to snap.DvlDog, easy boy, down.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 10:59:48 PM EDT
[#10]
roger nutz, check fire [:)]
Link Posted: 11/17/2001 3:37:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Here is a link to a page on assault web that shows the new Canadian Cammo.

Sure wish I could get my hands on some of it.
http://assaultweb.net/ubb/Forum30/HTML/000265.html
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:16:59 AM EDT
[#12]
The new Marine Corp BDU's...are the best in my opinion. The look more like a hunting pattern and are user-friendly. Of course, we in the Army will probably never see these due to a dependence on pressed fatigues and highly shined boots over combat-ready soldiers. Jon
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 7:39:30 AM EDT
[#13]
 DANG!  Check out the link!  Maybe there is a use for Subdued Urban...
 Solid OD works pretty well in a pine forest or other greenery too, and attracts no attention in town.
Link Posted: 11/18/2001 5:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Rumor has it that the Canadian pattern and the new USMC pattern are very close to the same thing.  Supposedly, the only difference is the choice of specific colors and the size of the pixels.  It seems the the USMC is using a "zoomed in" version of the pattern and a lighter combination of colors (as opposed to the more lime green, and the darker overall hue).

I'm just glad that they didn't decided to go with the zip-off sleeves.  I can just see it . . . "This Private seems to have lost his left sleeve . . ."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top