Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 2:29:44 PM EDT
My in-laws house college exchange students every year. While my wife and I were over for dinner I had removed my cover jacket but kept my USP .45F in it's galco holster on. When I turned around to get something I heard the gasping sound of their chinese exchange student. I assured him it was okay and proceeded to show it to him. To say the least he was in awe. I asked if he had ever shot a gun, with a shake of his head no we went outside to my jeep were my uzi 9mm and m-4 were kept.

His first shot with the 9mm he jumped out of his skin even though he had ear plugs. I think he was anticipating a MUCH larger recoil than there really was. He had way to much fun shooting the m-4 as well. Before we finished he made sure I had taken pics of his firing both the weapons so he could email them to his friends. Now whenever I go over to visit he is the first to great me at the door to see what I have brought next for him to shoot. I'm thinking the 3.5" 12 gauge might be a bit much for his 95lbs. frame to handle. :) Gotta love it!!

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I love hearing stories like this. I'm thinking of taking a few newbies out shooting. They both, 100 lbs. or less, are scared of guns and I told them it will be OK (one is my ex and she wants to bring along her cute little girlfriend). Problem is, I can't find the time. But if I do bring them, I'll bring my digi-cam and hopefully, they'll let me post the pics on here.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:07:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Good going. You deserve an atta-boy.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I can only imagine the stories he'll tell when he gets back home!

Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:21:37 PM EDT
[#4]
I feel sorry for the kid, he came from Hong Kong where he had 3 families living in one home no large than 1000 square feet. My inlaws live in a 3500 square foot log home 20 miles from the nearest town. I think hong kong fooey (my nickname for him) went through some serious culture shock when he arrived!  His parents have told the inlaws that they hope he can put on some weight with all the beef around here. When asked what he really misses, he said RICE!! Man you have to be pretty hard up to name rice as your number one luxury you would have back!  I do have to give him credit, he had never driven before coming here, now two months later he bought a car and has traveled to vegas with 4 other exchange students. I guess I should have warned you guys to stay clear of that section of road last week:)  Next time I'll take some pics and post them, his grin is undescribable.

idaho-ar15
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
My inlaws live in a 3500 square foot log home 20 miles from the nearest town. I think hong kong fooey (my nickname for him) went through some serious culture shock when he arrived!  idaho-ar15
View Quote

Hong Kong is probably one of the most densely populated areas in the world.  There would be people walking the streets 24 hours a day. Living in a 1000sq ft place is pretty typical. I will bet that driving 20 miles to town was a real surprise.  We Americans have it real good.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:22:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
When asked what he really misses, he said RICE!! Man you have to be pretty hard up to name rice as your number one luxury you would have back!
idaho-ar15
View Quote

Idaho-ar15, come on, really make his day the next time you see him, buy him a rice cooker!  You can get a small 6-cup one for around $30 that will cook enough for 1-3 people.  They are available on-line.  Then just pick up a small bag of white rice and he'll be set.

As for why he is craving his rice, it is the main staple of the asian meal.  It would be like you never were able to have mashed potatoes again.  I remember when I grew up, dad had to have his mashed potatoes, while mom(japanese) had her rice.  Us kids got both [:D]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top