Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/15/2001 12:00:19 PM EDT
Just gone done doing some Bruce Willis assault tactics on a large hornets nest in my front yard! [(:)]I found some hornet spray and a bic lighter and went to town. Started the first wave with a quick shot of the hornet spray that instantly hit the nest dropping the first cell of hornets to the ground. I sat and watched them try and shake it off, but I couldn’t let them retake their position, thus came the flamethrower! Made a large circle of flame around the several hornets on the ground and lit it up. Fired up my flame spryer into the middle of the circle and lit them all up! Went back to the nest and positioned my bic and spray can strait up, had to make sure there were none left in the compound. Made sure it was well torched an, proceed to demolish what was left of the nest!. [}:D] "welcome to the party pal!"
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:21:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm proud of ya SKSseven. I hope you killed every last one of those damn things. To me they serve no purpose being alive. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:27:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#3]
That brings back memories.  When I was 14, my Dad sent me out to cut down a low hanging limb in the yard.  Well in my utter act of stupidity (and impatience), I grabbed a bush axe and proceeded to chop.  Unbeknown to me there was a giant hornets nest just above the limb I was chopping.  You guessed it I split it in half.  Those motherfuckers covered my ass.  When they hit you you literally have to peel them off.  I mean they stick tight.  I ran to the pool, jumped in and waited for them to subside.  Went to the hospital to get some kind of shot because I swelled up so bad.

Why did you have to bring that up?
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#4]
since when have hornets been the natural prey of flames? the way you put exclamation points and little pictures and phrases in there makes me think you reveled in their death. lemme tell ya buddy if that had been my daughters pet hornet there'd be hell to pay.

yippie ki ya michaelfoxtrot
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#5]
LOL!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:24:59 PM EDT
[#6]
You are either with us or you are with the Hornets...
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:48:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:53:34 PM EDT
[#9]
What's that smell?

Is that wood burning?

OMG, the house is on fire!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First those durn bugs (I took care of [b]them[/b]) & now a fire starts in the same place for no apparent reason.  

Geez.  The things that happen to me.  All in one night.

Wait a minute!!  Hornets? ... fire? ... OMG.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top