Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/20/2008 8:29:52 AM EDT
Is it just me or does it sorta suck? Compared to CDs, MP3 and even FM radio, it sounds a little muffled or even in mono, the fidelity is not there.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#1]
For a vehicle?  Do you have it hard wired or are you using the crappy fm transmitter.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 8:33:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Also, if you have it hardwired, make sure the fm transmitter is off.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 8:33:45 AM EDT
[#3]
mines gtg. channel 1 sucks though, it has that tinny sound.

Sirius changed my drive to work from suckfest to enjoyable. I listen to stern and laugh the whole way to work. I recommend it highly to those who don't have one yet.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 8:33:54 AM EDT
[#4]
I have the Stilleto Receiver and I have the docking station to my home stereo pluged into the RCAs and a docking station in my car that plugs in directly to the AUX input of my car.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 9:00:29 AM EDT
[#5]
I swore i would never pay for radio but my Jeep came with a free year of Sirius. Now i'm hooked. The sound quality is good, better than FM radio but not as good as CD. I'm betting it's your hardware, because mine sounds good.

I really like satellite radio - i'm actually listening to music on the radio again. Before i had Sirius i pretty much just listened to talk radio.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 11:23:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Make sure your audio level is turned up too, in settings.  Don't know much about the stilleto.  I've had no problems with my sportster.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 11:25:17 AM EDT
[#7]
I always heard that XM was better quality than Sirius...I had Sirius when it first started...but then switched to XM...I cannot tell any difference in quality...Although under bridges and in tunnels I do lose service with XM....I dont remember that happening much with Sirius
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#8]
nothing wrong with Sirius IMHO.

there are it's moments, as mentioned above, when going under an object or through a tunnel.

I have my Sirius audio directly wired into the aux RCA jacks on my car cd player.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top