Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 6:38:51 AM EDT
I thought it was bad enough when on the re-release of "A NEW HOPE" that Greedo shot at Solo before Solo shot him (in original Solo just blasted him).

But this new Episode II is really busting my
chops...I mean in all the books in the original movies they talk about the "CLONE WARS" but Episode II is called "ATTACK OF THE CLONES"

What is the word "WAR" so un PC that they wont use it in a title...Attack of the clones instantly makes me associate it with "ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES"
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:42:48 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I thought it was bad enough when on the re-release of "A NEW HOPE" that Greedo shot at Solo before Solo shot him (in original Solo just blasted him).

chops...I mean in all the books in the original movies they talk about the "CLONE WARS" but Episode II is called "ATTACK OF THE CLONES"

What is the word "WAR" so un PC that they wont use it in a title...Attack of the clones instantly makes me associate it with "ATTACK OF THE KILLER TOMATOES"
View Quote

Actually, I have both sets (original boxed set, and the "enhanced"), Greedo's weapon in the original DOES go off, after Solo blasts him. Gotta agree with the CLONE WARS sentiment.

Don Out
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:45:21 AM EDT
[#2]
yeah it goes off but this time they make it look like he shoots "FIRST"....in the book Solo blasts ...no big loss
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
yeah it goes off but this time they make it look like he shoots "FIRST"....in the book Solo blasts ...no big loss
View Quote

Next thing, they'll have Vader asking Obi-Wan to forgive him before Vader cuts him down (DVD release).
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:01:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I think they used "Attack of the clones" because it sounds more appealing to children than
"Clone wars".
I just know that after watching that dumb-ass Jar Jar Binks for two hours in the last movie, I'll never see another Star Wars prequel.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:10:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Glad you finally became BURN.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:17:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just know that after watching that dumb-ass Jar Jar Binks for two hours in the last movie, I'll never see another Star Wars prequel.
View Quote

They should have offered a 'JarJar Free' version on the DVD.

Send in the Clones...

There has to be Clones...

Don't bother, they're here.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 7:44:52 AM EDT
[#7]
"Yousa people gonna DIE?"
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:15:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
"Yousa people gonna DIE?"
View Quote

Now,THAT is funny as hell.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:05:07 AM EDT
[#9]
The appalling thing is that you think anything to do with "Star Wars" is important.  Get a life.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:15:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Theeesa post veerrrrry bombad...
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 9:24:47 AM EDT
[#11]
the title is fine and fits a trilogy pattern.

The Empire Strikes Back
Attack Of The Clones

same basic idea. yes in the books they refered to it as the clone wars. so what? the books are not a canon source and can be ignored at lucas will.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:06:02 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The appalling thing is that you think anything to do with "Star Wars" is important.  Get a life.
View Quote

"Yousa bein apalling, meesa tinkin! Weesa warriors!"

Entertaining movie, that's all
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:06:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#14]
"Meesa bein' Bomba General now, yousa no bein messin wit meesa!"
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:42:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

i agree that "attack of the clones" is a stupid name, but its not like Star Wars is going to change is title. "Attacks in the Stars"[:D]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:44:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Also i dont thing they could call it "clone wars" without it sounding stupid too.

Star Wars: Clone Wars. sounds too repetative.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:32:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Also i dont thing they could call it "clone wars" without it sounding stupid too.

Star Wars: Clone Wars. sounds too repetative.
View Quote

Good points!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 2:24:54 AM EDT
[#18]
Gosh, I just can't decide who's cooler, you guys or the Trekkies.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The appalling thing is that you think that trying to decide who is "cooler" is important. Get a life.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 4:04:18 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

The appalling thing is that you think that trying to decide who is "cooler" is important. Get a life.

Michael
View Quote

Yes, it's true, Golgo-13 is above relaxing, trivial discussions. But he can post in this thread to ridicule.
"Centuwian, stwike him vewy woughwy!"
"And um, throw 'im to the floor, sir?"
"Oh Yes, Thwow him to the fwoor!"
[rolleyes]

Don Out
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:11:43 AM EDT
[#21]
I find it relaxing to tweak you gentlemen on this topic.  
C'mon, admit it...
You're so wrapped up in this stuff that you actually  think Carrie Fisher is a babe.
You know the names of minor characters as well as major ones.
You still wear "Star Wars" jammies with the feet in them.
The first time you picked up a laser pointer you waved it around and made "light saber" noises.
You kept all your Star Wars action figures because you still play with them.
You say "May the Force be with you" and mean it.
When you see a Mauser C96, the first thing you think of is Han Solo.
You enjoy even the cutsiest, most suck-ass aspects of the movies (e.g. Ewoks, Jar-Jar).

I know as much as I do about the movies because I have a 6 year old who watches them on video and has the toys.  I expect he'll grow out of it and develop an interest in women, the outdoors, cars, guns, and so forth in the fullness of time.  You guys will, too, after puberty.
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:17:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I find it relaxing to tweak you gentlemen on this topic.  
C'mon, admit it...
You're so wrapped up in this stuff that you actually  think Carrie Fisher is a babe.
You know the names of minor characters as well as major ones.
You still wear "Star Wars" jammies with the feet in them.
The first time you picked up a laser pointer you waved it around and made "light saber" noises.
You kept all your Star Wars action figures because you still play with them.
You say "May the Force be with you" and mean it.
When you see a Mauser C96, the first thing you think of is Han Solo.
You enjoy even the cutsiest, most suck-ass aspects of the movies (e.g. Ewoks, Jar-Jar).

I know as much as I do about the movies because I have a 6 year old who watches them on video and has the toys.  I expect he'll grow out of it and develop an interest in women, the outdoors, cars, guns, and so forth in the fullness of time.  You guys will, too, after puberty.
View Quote

Um, no. I have those interests too. I have also had time to watch many movies during my recovery  from knee surgery (and read many books) while unable to fully enjoy the outdoors.[:D]

As far as SW toys, don't have any (since the first movie came out, anyway), my first thought about the laser pointer was "How can I mount this to a rifle and activate it when taking up the slack?"

You Funny round-eye!!! You numba one, I choose you!
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:27:27 AM EDT
[#23]
No way man!  Like, the Stormtroopers cold kick the Borgs ass man....
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 5:30:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
No way man!  Like, the Stormtroopers cold kick the Borgs ass man....
View Quote

Maybe, but I don't watch TV much except for FoxNews Channel and the History Channel. OTOH, I think that "Puff The Magic Dragon" would handle both-"Where do ya want it?"
"Put in on the camp."
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think that "Puff The Magic Dragon" would handle both
View Quote

"Too bad that they were talking about marajuana"
"What are you, some kind of druggie Fokker?"
Link Posted: 11/16/2001 6:38:28 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think that "Puff The Magic Dragon" would handle both
View Quote

"Too bad that they were talking about marajuana"
"What are you, some kind of druggie Fokker?"
View Quote

"Wait, your name is Gay Fokker?"  [:\]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top