Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 6:26:01 AM EDT
A friend of mine recently gave me what he called a duffel bag that was still sealed in plastic and I finally got a chance to look at it closely. It doesn't appear to be large enough to be what I concider a duffel bag to be. It looks more like military luggage and I was hoping someone could tell me exactly what I have.
See below for a picture of it.

Its green canvas and about the size of a medium suitcase. It has a canvas handle sewn on one side like a suitcase would and uses a chain and loop arrangement to secure the top flap closed.
It doesn't have any markings or labels but does have a clear plastic piece sewn on the front where a name tag could be placed.

If it doesn't have any collector value I would like to use it as an overnight bag/carry on flight bag. The only problem is it has a mildew odor that I would have to remove first.
Besides hanging it up outside for a few days anyone have any suggestions on removing the mildew smell?
[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=182940&a=13987243&p=56407389&Sequence=0&res=high[/img]
In case the pic doesn't work:
[url]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=182940&a=13987243&p=56407389&Sequence=0&res=high[/url]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:58:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Throw it in the washing machine and wash it, then put it in the dryer.  That will probably fix it up.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:24:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Wash it in Febreez For Washers, or spray with regular Febreez.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top