Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2008 9:42:08 PM EDT
I was given a bunch of DVD-Rs that were shot of several local 3-gun matches over several months. All of them were recorded with a Canon DC-230 set at the highest resolution, which is HD quality I believe. I need to rip these disks while retaining the HD video quality and then edit out the junk and then compile several files onto one regular DVD so that I can distribute to club members to be viewed on their televisions.

What software do I need?

What is the best file format to use and still retain HD video quality?

Thanks HW
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Windows Movie Maker in Vista will do it in a HD Windows Media format, but you better have some horsepower. Serious horsepower.

I prefer to use iMovie on the Mac, but it still takes awhile to work with HD. iMovie and Final Cut Express on the Mac spank anything video related on the PC I've ever used.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_editing_software
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 8:59:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top