Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2008 4:44:50 PM EDT
burn 800 meg onto a 700 meg disc?  I have an older external Nero  burner.  

Do I need another type of disc?  I don't believe it will burn DVD stuff.

Thanks for the help.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:45:49 PM EDT
[#1]
simply stated, you cant. you can compress the photos more, or burn 700mb on one disc and the remaining 100 on another.
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 4:49:02 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot my nephews at their baseball game today (they are awesome players).  Shot them using my old Soligor zoom (manual focus) and my newer Pentax K100D at 6 megapixel.

I guess I could compress a little, if I could figure that part out.  Jeesh.  Stupid hurts.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you trying to use the disk to play a slideshow?  If not couldn't you put the pics in a zip file then burn that to the disk?
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:08:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Are you trying to use the disk to play a slideshow?  If not couldn't you put the pics in a zip file then burn that to the disk?

Yeah, like I'd know how to burn them into a zip file.  

I am simply taking the raw jpeg files (6 megapixel) and burn them onto one disc.  I could use two discs, but really want them all on one.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Jpegs are already a compressed format, I don't think you would get much more space savings out of a .zip. However reducing the size/ quality of the jpegs will.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:07:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Any other suggestions from the sobering up crew?

Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, any other folks just sobering up that can help??!!  Thanks.

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:51:08 AM EDT
[#8]
just resize the pictures in bulk.... it will cut the space required in half......

edit:

here is what i use to resize all my photos down to a webfriendly size.

www.rw-designer.com/picture-resize

edit again:

rename it something like PhotoResizeP50I.exe and it will make all the images 50% smaller in size and rewrite the orginals.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
just resize the pictures in bulk.... it will cut the space required in half......

edit:

edit again:

rename it something like PhotoResizeP50I.exe and it will make all the images 50% smaller in size and rewrite the orginals.

Thanks a lot!!  I'll give it a try!!

vmax84
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:56:51 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

edit:

edit again:

Thanks a lot!!  I'll give it a try!!

vmax84

by "rewrite" the orginals i mean overwrite. meaning you will lose the orginals if you put the I on the end.
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 5:58:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Roger that.  

vmax84
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top