Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2008 3:03:22 PM EDT
April 19, 2008

Coalition forces detain 22 suspected terrorists

BAGHDAD – Coalition forces targeted associates of al-Qaeda in Iraq leaders during operations in northern Iraq Saturday and detained 22 suspected terrorists.

In Bayji, Coalition forces coordinated three operations targeting individuals believed to conspire with an AQI leader in the area who is known for coordinating bombing attacks.  One suspect who attempted to evade the ground force was injured in the operation and was taken to a military medical facility.  Coalition forces captured two wanted men and detained 12 additional suspected terrorists.

During two operations in Mosul targeting associates of AQI senior leaders, Coalition forces detained seven suspected terrorists, including one who was believed to have hidden a senior terrorist leader in his house.

“While Al-Qaeda in Iraq remains a determined and dangerous enemy, we are making progress in disrupting their networks and capturing key operatives,” said Cmdr. Scott Rye, MNF-I spokesman.

Link

Link Posted: 4/19/2008 5:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/20/2008 10:33:51 AM EDT
[#2]
22! Wow good job...

I hope Capital Hill let's them keep up the good work!

“While Al-Qaeda in Iraq remains a determined and dangerous enemy, we are making progress in disrupting their networks and capturing key operatives,” said Cmdr. Scott Rye, MNF-I spokesman.

These articles always have the best closing lines.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top