Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2008 1:48:27 PM EDT
Any AL LEO know what the ramifications of this will be?  I would call it likely he was around/had controlled substances at the time, as well.  He's a bit of a cretin.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:25:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Bama shooter, you on here?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:26:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe they take away your birthday.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:29:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Q: If the State of Alabama does not honor concealed weapon permits or licenses from my state, and I am arrested and charged with a violation of Alabama’s concealed carry laws, what are the penalties?

A: A person who carries concealed about his person, a Bowie knife or knife or instrument of like kind or description or a pistol or firearm of any other kind or an air gun shall, on conviction, be fined not less than $50.00 nor more than $500.00, and may also be imprisoned in the county jail or sentenced to hard labor for the county for not more than six months. Alabama Code, 1975, Section 13A

http://shooterszone.com/_wsn/page3.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Dont need LEO for this one.

Drugs, Handgun, arrested.....Alabama....$50 fine and he looses the gun, but gets to keep the drugs...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#5]
If it was his first offense, and he doesn't have much of a record otherwise, he might get "diversion".  Essentially, you agree to go on probation, and if you complete it, the state drops the charges altogether.  This way you don't get a conviction and possibly screw up your life.  Not sure if they have that down in Ala-bamy or not.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:32:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I can't give you anything specific to AL, but in the states I've worked in, carrying a concealed firearm is only a misdemeanor.  It's a firearm related misdemeanor, so it can prevent you from getting a license to carry a gun, and other things like that.

If he was in possession of controlled substances, and not "Selling" them, or carrying them for sale, then it's likely that is either a misdemeanor charge, or a low grade felony at most.

In which case, if the carrying had NOTHING to do with the drugs, it's very likely that they may only charge him with one or the other, whichever one is easiest to prove, depending on the disposition of the District Attorney.

It's also possible, that if he "turns snitch" they might not even charge him at all, and just "hold" the cases over his head as long as he keeps turning in information which leads to other arrests.

Completely depends on the DA and LE agency policies in your area.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#7]
He's an idiot from WAY BACK, and seriously needs something to happen to him to shake him up.  Really.  He's like 34 or 35, never done a damned thing, lives on peoples couches, a complete and utter failure at the life thing.  Big time loser.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:38:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
He's an idiot from WAY BACK, and seriously needs something to happen to him to shake him up.  Really.  He's like 34 or 35, never done a damned thing, lives on peoples couches, a complete and utter failure at the life thing.  Big time loser.

dont u lov in-laws.....
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

dont u lov in-laws.....

OMG dude, the BIL and SIL are a damned story.  Just the two most incredible fuck ups the worlds has EVAR known.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#10]
pics of the in-laws?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top