[#1]
IBTLEOA
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#2]
The sentence for slavery should be public gutting

Oklahoma Sheriff Charged With Running Sex-Slave Operation From Jail
April 17, 2008
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,351618,00.html
ARAPAHO, Okla. —  The sheriff of Custer County resigned on Wednesday just as federal prosecutors filed 35 felony counts against him for allegedly running a sex-slave operation at the jail.

Mike Burgess quit the position he'd held since 1994 shortly before appearing in court on 14 counts of second-degree rape, seven counts of forcible oral sodomy and five counts of bribery by a public official.

Burgess surrendered to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents and was released from custody after posting $50,000 bail. He could not be reached for comment.

Among other things, Burgess is accused of having sex with a female drug court participant who was in his custody. The crimes allegedly occurred between October 2005 and April 2007.

A federal lawsuit filed in October claims Burgess told one drug court participant he would have her sent to prison if she didn't comply with his sexual demands.

The lawsuit, filed by 12 former jail prisoners, alleges the sheriff's employees had them engage in wet T-shirt contests and offered cigarettes to those who would flash their breasts.

One prisoner alleged she became a jail trusty with more freedom after agreeing to perform a sex act on Burgess, but lost that status when she later refused.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:49:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Damn!

Sounds like something right out of the movies...

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Break out the gimp
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#7]
It's all fun and games until false imprisonment and rape rears its ugly head.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:51:56 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

seven counts of forcible oral sodomy

Does anyone else find this odd?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:53:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Huh, so you can't do that to inmates?

Whodathunkit.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:53:06 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It has to be an Okie thing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:53:42 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rimming?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:54:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Can't , concentrate, too many smart-ass comments. AAAAAHHHHHHH I'm going into dick head overload
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:54:26 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
www.custercountysheriff.com/burgess.jpg

If your jacket size is 46 short.

Buy the 46 short, not the 46 reg.

And no, the cowboy boots and tall hat aren't fooling anyone.

Scumbag.  Makes everyone in the system look like an asshole.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:54:30 AM EDT
[#14]
wants
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:54:51 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rimming?

Not just rimming, but you need penetration for sodomy to occur......
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:55:14 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As a legal term, sodomy can mean a whole range of "immoral" sex acts.  It goes back to medival monks trying to find a way to make everything a sin.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:55:21 AM EDT
[#17]
Is his screen name Sherrick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Forcing someone to perform orally, what surprising about it?  They didn't bite?  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Whaaaaa?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:55:57 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:56:04 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Break out the gimp

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:56:35 AM EDT
[#22]
In before all the "there has to be more to this story" type comments from the LEOA
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:57:20 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
He's about to be somebody elses bitch.

Cops don't go to general population, so I doubt it.  This fucker should.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:57:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Well hell, you mean sex slaves (along with dawgshootin) ain't wanna the bennies...?!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:58:02 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rimming?

Yeah, rimming.......with penetration
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:58:22 AM EDT
[#26]
now with video

www.koco.com/news/15904129/detail.html

Police: Okla. Sheriff Ran Sex-Slave Operation From Jail
Burgess Faces Up To 467 Years In Prison If Convicted

POSTED: 6:28 pm CDT April 16, 2008
UPDATED: 12:04 pm CDT April 17, 2008

ARAPAHO, Okla. -- An Oklahoma sheriff resigned after an investigation reveals he was running a sex-slave operation from his jail, police said.

VIDEO: Charges Against Custer Co. Sheriff Outlined

Michael Burgess surrendered to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents and posted bond Wednesday night, hours after he resigned as Custer County sheriff amid 35 felony charges, including accusations of forcible oral sodomy, kidnapping, rape and perjury. Investigators said at one point Burgess oversaw wet T-shirt contests at the Custer County Jail.

The 35 charges against Burgess include bribery of a public official, indecent exposure, 14 counts of rape in the second degree and rape by instrumentation.

The Texas County district attorney started looking into Burgess in May 2007 when a participant in the Washita-Custer County drug court program told investigators that Burgess made her have sex with him on a threat of sending her to prison. Because of a conflict of interest, Custer County prosecutors handed the case to Texas County authorities.

According to an affidavit signed by District Attorney James Boring, Burgess compelled a Weatherford woman to travel to Oklahoma City and meet him at the Biltmore Hotel for sex in April 2006. The same woman had sex with Burgess under duress at a Clinton truck stop parking lot and at her home.

Once the investigation of Burgess got going, the former sheriff is accused of having another woman go to the alleged victim's home in Weatherford to remove incriminating evidence against him in exchange for securing her brother's release from prison.

Other accusations outlined in the affidavit include testimony from a former sheriff's deputy, who said Burgess groped her between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30, 2005. Burgess also allegedly forced a drug-court probation violator to perform oral sex on him in his county vehicle.

Perjury charges stem from an incident in which Burgess allegedly helped a Custer County woman falsify and secure a protective order against another man. The affidavit states that Burgess directed and coached the woman "as to facts she was to present and which she in fact testified to under oath" with regard to the protective order.

Burgess had been sheriff in Custer County since 1994, and these accusations have the entire region talking. Residents said that if the accusations turn out to be true, it sends a bad message.

"That you can't really trust anybody no matter if they're in power because people in power abuse their power," said Kim Whiteshirt.

If convicted on all counts, Burgess could face a sentence of up to 467 years in prison. Authorities told Eyewitness News 5 that Burgess is also involved in a lawsuit over accusations of inappropriate actions.

A source in Custer County also told Eyewitness News 5 that while it's likely the county's undersheriff would take over as sheriff, details of succession would probably be ironed out on Thursday.

Eyewitness News 5 has left a message with Burgess' attorney but has not yet received a return call.

Previous
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:00:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Well it is Oklahoma.                        
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:03:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#29]
What a sick bastard. I hope he gets plenty of time in State prison to think it over. Don't drop the soap Sheriff!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:06:01 PM EDT
[#30]
A few years in general population at some hard core prison might be good for his sensitivity to others.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:06:17 PM EDT
[#31]
This is out of bizarro world...I didn't think something like this was even possible.

WTH were the deputies thinking? Corruption from the boss down to the janitor and nobody had the stones to speak up.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:09:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:22:53 PM EDT
[#33]
bwa chica bwa bwa... Must see the Cinemax version!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:31:41 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Yup
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:33:43 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rimming?

Yeah, rimming.......with penetration

many states define "sodomy" as pretty much anything other than missionary position.

Hell, I remember a USAF NCO being charged under UCMJ for sodomy because he got caught receiving a blow job from his girlfriend in a department store fitting room.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Seems like pretty thin evidence.  Why would they do this to a long serving Sheriff based upon the accusations of a convicted doper.  I mean she may have even been acting in cahoots with a disgruntled former employee to besmirch the Sheriff's bad name.

This all seems highly dubious.  Sounds pretty trumped up all the way around to me.

Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:37:18 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Seems like pretty thin evidence.  Why would they do this to a long serving Sheriff based upon the accusations of a convicted doper.  I mean she may have even been acting in cahoots with a disgruntled former employee to besmirch the Sheriff's bad name.

This all seems highly dubious.  Sounds pretty trumped up all the way around to me.

Maybe my sarcasm meter is broken.

That went over my head too.              
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Well, that didn't take long.

I'm sure 35 federal counts are based solely on hearsay, and weren't vetted. At all.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:49:16 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yessiree it does.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Off topic, but you should red the book "Terror on highway 59" About Sheriff Humpy Parker , in San Jacinto County, Texas.

I grew up there, I knew him.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:06:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Wha...??  You mean that is not SOP??  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:08:42 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's the evidence? They have one person making an accusation. Where is she?

Where is the case file? Not true till it is provided for all to see.

In times where a phone call can prompt a raid and have children taken away....Good for the goose, good for gander and all that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:16:17 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Where's the evidence? They have one person making an accusation. Where is she?

Where is the case file? Not true till it is provided for all to see.

If I know my Feebs they've already convinced a couple of low level hacks to turn rat.

Also, you're going to chew your tongue off leaving it in your cheek like that.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:17:45 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Off topic, but you should red the book "Terror on highway 59" About Sheriff Humpy Parker , in San Jacinto County, Texas.

Does it have pictures?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:29:24 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it have pictures?

No.            

Just a good old boy that liked to do some water boarding on the hippies and druggies in jail.                    
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:31:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:37:22 AM EDT
[#48]
This is the second time I've read about jailer shenanigans recently.

I think the other was in Florida and involved a bunch of the staff, the guys who made up the softball team were the "cool kids" who got to go have inmate orgies.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:40:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

+1

Bill
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 3:46:27 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
now with video

www.koco.com/news/15904129/detail.html

Police: Okla. Sheriff Ran Sex-Slave Operation From Jail
Burgess Faces Up To 467 Years In Prison If Convicted

POSTED: 6:28 pm CDT April 16, 2008
UPDATED: 12:04 pm CDT April 17, 2008

ARAPAHO, Okla. -- An Oklahoma sheriff resigned after an investigation reveals he was running a sex-slave operation from his jail, police said.

VIDEO: Charges Against Custer Co. Sheriff Outlined

Michael Burgess surrendered to Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation agents and posted bond Wednesday night, hours after he resigned as Custer County sheriff amid 35 felony charges, including accusations of forcible oral sodomy, kidnapping, rape and perjury. Investigators said at one point Burgess oversaw wet T-shirt contests at the Custer County Jail.

The 35 charges against Burgess include bribery of a public official, indecent exposure, 14 counts of rape in the second degree and rape by instrumentation.

The Texas County district attorney started looking into Burgess in May 2007 when a participant in the Washita-Custer County drug court program told investigators that Burgess made her have sex with him on a threat of sending her to prison. Because of a conflict of interest, Custer County prosecutors handed the case to Texas County authorities.

According to an affidavit signed by District Attorney James Boring, Burgess compelled a Weatherford woman to travel to Oklahoma City and meet him at the Biltmore Hotel for sex in April 2006. The same woman had sex with Burgess under duress at a Clinton truck stop parking lot and at her home.

Once the investigation of Burgess got going, the former sheriff is accused of having another woman go to the alleged victim's home in Weatherford to remove incriminating evidence against him in exchange for securing her brother's release from prison.

Other accusations outlined in the affidavit include testimony from a former sheriff's deputy, who said Burgess groped her between Oct. 1 and Nov. 30, 2005. Burgess also allegedly forced a drug-court probation violator to perform oral sex on him in his county vehicle.

Perjury charges stem from an incident in which Burgess allegedly helped a Custer County woman falsify and secure a protective order against another man. The affidavit states that Burgess directed and coached the woman "as to facts she was to present and which she in fact testified to under oath" with regard to the protective order.

Burgess had been sheriff in Custer County since 1994, and these accusations have the entire region talking. Residents said that if the accusations turn out to be true, it sends a bad message.
"That you can't really trust anybody no matter if they're in power because people in power abuse their power," said Kim Whiteshirt.

If convicted on all counts, Burgess could face a sentence of up to 467 years in prison. Authorities told Eyewitness News 5 that Burgess is also involved in a lawsuit over accusations of inappropriate actions.

A source in Custer County also told Eyewitness News 5 that while it's likely the county's undersheriff would take over as sheriff, details of succession would probably be ironed out on Thursday.

Eyewitness News 5 has left a message with Burgess' attorney but has not yet received a return call.

Previous

sigh . . . ya think
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top