Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2008 7:28:39 AM EDT
To add to my drama filled life my wife was sexually harassed yesterday. She talked to her HR department and to her department boss immediately. Should we wait for the fallout to see if the guy is fired or should she quit?

ETA: Short version - My wife went to give one of the guys in her office some paperwork and when she showed up at the door he said "oh good I was just thinking about cantaloupes and melons" and it went downhill fast.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:32:09 AM EDT
[#1]
By her band teacher back in high school.  Long before we met though.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:36:16 AM EDT
[#2]
by firefighters and paramedics before i first met her.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:38:22 AM EDT
[#3]
When working at a grocery store one night after a day of classes some guy stuffed his cash into her top.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:40:49 AM EDT
[#4]

my old lady works in internal medicine. between diagnosing and prescribing, she's usually batting wrinkly old hands away from her ass.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:48:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait and see for a few days. If HR does nothing, lawyer up.
My wife got these comments a her last job and she got laid off after a while, but Karma is sweet. In 2 weeks she a job at double her old pay and benefits. I ran in to her old boss a few weeks ago and thanked him for being a dick.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:48:21 AM EDT
[#6]
yup, she was at work when it happened. She came home and told me about it. I told her that she should tell the guy that "My husband is a gun owner and if you do it again he will know about it."

Hasn't happened since
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#7]
happens all the time, usually they bitch up when i confront them about it
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#8]
A 400lb black dude told one on my wifes coworkers that "it looks like she could use a big one." My wife is 5'5 and 115lbs.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:55:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Only by me and I do it constantly.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Nope becuase she's not worth sexually harassing.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:00:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:01:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

uh......
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#13]
My wife can't go anywhere without being harassed.  She's smokin' hot, but non-confrontational (she gets embarrassed instead of telling guys to STFU).  I've actually had to step out of the house after she's called me from her cell after leaving the BP station around the corner, because guys were following her home.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:06:35 AM EDT
[#14]
Yeah...actually beyond that. She was raped in High School
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:11:58 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Yeah...actually beyond that. She was raped in High School

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#16]
my wife posted in the GD forum once....
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:13:55 AM EDT
[#17]
My ex-wife was raped twice, and sexually assaulted on one other occasion.

-Mark
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:15:51 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
my wife posted in the GD forum once....

that definitely qualifies!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#19]
my wife is an army reservist... so yeah, all the time... it started day one with her recruiter...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:23:58 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:33:00 AM EDT
[#21]
My Fiancee was raped by a guy she worked with selling books over the summer. He eventually sent her a myspace message apologizing, she forgave but refused to talk to him ever again. She knows that if I ever meet the guy I could not be held accountable for my actions.

She also called me a couple weeks ago to say she can't shop at her favorite target for food b/c in one day 2 different guys told her "they've watched her there before, could they get her number?" She told him her fiancee wouldn't like it and immediately leave the store. But, now shes incredibly open to the idea of CCW when we move to NH. Good comes out of bad at least.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:47:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Yeah,

my wife manages some apartments - some guy came to look at apartments and here is a short list of the pertinent comments:

Him - "So are you a single mother?"
My wife - "No, I'm married" (she's wearing a wedding ring and has our son with her at the time)

Her - "There is a $25 application fee"
Him - "So would you like to get a bite to eat or grab a cup of coffee and I'll get you that check?"
Her - "Um, no - you can just go to your car and get it for me now"

-----

Later, when he's signing a contract for the apartment, he was trying to get all buddy buddy with my 4 year old son - presumably as a way of showing my wife that he's 'good with kids'.  He kept trying to ask my wife personal questions - where she was from, where she went to school, etc...  she was annoyed because she was in a hurry.  His questions culminated in this:

Him - "So, is your husband in the military?"  (She doesn't know how he knew this since she hasn't mentioned it)
Her - "Yes"
Him - "So is he gone right now?"
Her - "Uh, no."

-----

He came by our apartment (different location than the apartments he lives at) one night shortly after moving in to drop off some paperwork.  Beforehand, my wife instructed him to either mail it to her or leave it in the drop box outside of the door.  Instead, he knocked on our door at 9:00 PM (4 hours after her office hours have ended) to personally drop off the paperwork.

I was present for this one so he didn't make any of his usual comments, but I followed him out to his car to talk to him - the whole time he was looking over his shoulder while I stared at him.  My wife stopped me from "talking to him" because she was worried I'd threaten him and get her fired/a restraining order against me/etc.

I guess that was enough because he hasn't said anything since then - or maybe my wife just isn't telling me about it any more.

20 years ago, I think I could have gotten away with knocking on the guys door and telling him to stay the Hell away from my wife.  Now... I wonder if that would result in the police visiting me with a restraining order and a warning to not threaten the nice man.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:26:23 AM EDT
[#23]
Sorry to hear about all of the stories.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:36:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Yea, but it turned out that she didn't mind it

Doctors often think they're above you don't really expect you to beat their ass when they constantly hit on(try to fuck) your wife though At least I got something out of it.

ETA: I just wish I could've done more
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:02:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Wow that's terrible.  If I went to talk to a woman at work and she said she was just thinking about bananas I think I'd go cry in the bathroom, then spiral into a deep depression and require counseling to brave entering the workforce again.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#26]

oh good I was just thinking about cantaloupes and melons"

She could use a big one

Just thinking about someone saying this to my wife pisses me off so much!
Some people just have zero respect anymore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:06:39 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Wow that's terrible.  If I went to talk to a woman at work and she said she was just thinking about bananas I think I'd go cry in the bathroom, then spiral into a deep depression and require counseling to brave entering the workforce again.

huh?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:18:53 AM EDT
[#28]
When I met my wife back in '93 she was being stalked by an ex-boyfriend and she never told me about it at the time.

Ex-BF was harrassing her at her job...got her fired.  Calls, stalking her as she was driving, sitting outsider her house, etc.

I still bitch her out for not telling me...at the time she and I were just friends (we didn't become boyfriend/girlfriend and eventually married for several years), but I'd have been happy to teach the fucker a lesson.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:31:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Yes.

My dear wife works at a maximum security prison.

Fortunately the staff are quite protective and her training in dealing with unwanted any advances by inmates puts a sudden end to problems.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#30]
When someone ask my wife for her number she always gives them 486-8000 ......its the number to the Local Popo. Most people dont know the number only 911
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:34:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Yes, my wife works in the office of a factory as an accountant.  Any way this mex dude was talking smack to her about what he wanted to do to her and with her.  
She told me about it.  I was still an LEO then and went to have lunch with her the next day.  He saw me with a badge and handgun.  I never said a word to him but did stare at him.  He wouldn't even look up after he saw me.
He quit the next day.
Now the other goof balls in the plant are very nice to her.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Got married in 1970. Lived in Northbrook, Illinois, wife worked serving at Scornovacco's (sp) up in Highwood, I think.... sort of a yuppie peanut/pitcher hamburger sort of joint.

Wife came home a time or two talking about this bunch of  guys who came in the joint every night and get loaded and loud and obnoxious around the women - including her, but they spent a ton of money, so the boss sort of looked the other way.

Went up there one night to have a brew or two and a burger, and to check out these guys. After looking and listening and talking to one of them, found out they were part of the St Louis Cardinals football team, in spring training at Wake Forest (Lake Forest?) College nearby, letting off a little steam after practices.

Told wife I wasn't even gonna try to interfere with their fun!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top