Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#1]
No Maxwell Smart fans out there?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:41:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Words fail me.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:51:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Fuck isnt anything safe from these fucktards !
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:44:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent...the return of the 'cone of silence'.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:34:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, but no one will take the place of Barbara Feldon, Agent 99.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Just more PROOF that Hollyweird homo's can't come up with anything original.

Get Smart the TV series was hilarious.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:41:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, no actor out there could take the place of the originals. Will be a total fail.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:44:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I LOVE the originals, my brother own them all on DVD.  But I'm not against a new version, especially with Steve Carrell, it should be pretty good.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:47:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Generally not a fan of remakes and the like, but I think this one shows promise.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:49:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I love Anne Hathaway!
Looks like it might actually be funny.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:51:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I'll probably end up seeing it.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:52:27 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Just more PROOF that Hollyweird homo's can't come up with anything original.

+1, Movies based on T.V. shows are just ghey IMO.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:53:30 PM EDT
[#13]
steve carell is funny, but it wont be the same.  I love the show, mostly from watching it on TV land.  it was off the air before i was born i think, or when i was very young
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Major Suckage. The original Maxwell Smart, despite being bumbling and goofy, had a core of integrity, and occasional flashes of insight and skills. This new one is just going to be played for idiotic laughs, and I GUARANTEE you that the chemistry between Max and 99 is going to be a hollow shell of the original. Sad, really...
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:02:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Who's going to play Moose and Squirrel?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:05:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Geez, you KILL me!

I even read it with Natascha's accent

Quoted:
Who's going to play Moose and Squirrel?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:23:57 PM EDT
[#18]
I loved that show.  I've been trying to find it on DVD but not having any luck.

I especially loved the late Edward Platt as "the Chief."  He was so deadpan and wooden that he made a perfect straight man for Don Adams as the clown.  (Sad that Don Adams is dead now too - I guess Barbara Feldon is the only one left alive).
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I'll see it.  Love the Ann Hathaway!

+1.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 3:36:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Hymie the Robot is still alive

www.dickgautier.com/
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:14:01 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Major Suckage. The original Maxwell Smart, despite being bumbling and goofy, had a core of integrity, and occasional flashes of insight and skills. This new one is just going to be played for idiotic laughs, and I GUARANTEE you that the chemistry between Max and 99 is going to be a hollow shell of the original. Sad, really...

From Don Adams Wiki, ( I know, Wikipedia is not 100% reliable)

Adams was born Donald James Yarmy in New York City to William Yarmy, a Hungarian Jew, who worked as a soda clerk, and Consuelo Morgan, a Roman Catholic struggling housewife, who was of both Dutch and Irish heritage;[1] he was not raised in any religion but became a practicing Catholic.

After Don dropped out of New York City's DeWitt Clinton High School, at aged 18 (his senior year) in 1941, one of his first jobs was a theatre usher, and later worked as a comic and mimic, taking the stage name of Adams after marrying singer Adelaide (Dell) Efantis, who performed under the name Adelaide Adams. After their divorce, he still went by the stage name "Adams," explaining (perhaps comically) that he kept it because he got tired of being last during alphabetical auditions.

Adams served with the United States Marine Corps during World War II in the Pacific Theatre. He was wounded during the Battle of Guadalcanal, nearly dying. In fierce hand-to-hand combat during the Battle of Guadalcanal, he was the only member of his platoon to survive. Also, he got blackwater fever.[2] Upon his recovery and return to the States, he served as a drill instructor.[3] As a Marine Corps drill instructor he was commended by his superiors for being able to exceed the performance of his recruits at every required physical task.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:20:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From Don Adams Wiki, ( I know, Wikipedia is not 100% reliable)

Adams was born Donald James Yarmy in New York City to William Yarmy, a Hungarian Jew, who worked as a soda clerk, and Consuelo Morgan, a Roman Catholic struggling housewife, who was of both Dutch and Irish heritage;[1] he was not raised in any religion but became a practicing Catholic.

After Don dropped out of New York City's DeWitt Clinton High School, at aged 18 (his senior year) in 1941, one of his first jobs was a theatre usher, and later worked as a comic and mimic, taking the stage name of Adams after marrying singer Adelaide (Dell) Efantis, who performed under the name Adelaide Adams. After their divorce, he still went by the stage name "Adams," explaining (perhaps comically) that he kept it because he got tired of being last during alphabetical auditions.

Adams served with the United States Marine Corps during World War II in the Pacific Theatre. He was wounded during the Battle of Guadalcanal, nearly dying. In fierce hand-to-hand combat during the Battle of Guadalcanal, he was the only member of his platoon to survive. Also, he got blackwater fever.[2] Upon his recovery and return to the States, he served as a drill instructor.[3] As a Marine Corps drill instructor he was commended by his superiors for being able to exceed the performance of his recruits at every required physical task.

And yet... he

missed it, by that much!

I just want to know if Seigfried is going to be in it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#23]
To this day (I mean today) I still use "The Cone of Silence" in my work environment.  It conveys a clear meaning to those in the cone, that this is important and doesn't leave the room.

I loved the original show.  I never missed an episode
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:46:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Just today, while I was at work, I had to talk to someone in private, and so I jokingly said "let me lower the cone of silence" as I got up to shut the office door.

Absolutely classic TV show.  They don't make 'em like that anymore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:51:31 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
No Maxwell Smart fans out there?

Take your hat off when you whisper that name.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:23:08 PM EDT
[#26]
Off to save the world from Global Warming I suppose.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 11:49:38 PM EDT
[#27]
Steve Carell is going to ruin this.  I just don't see why people think that idiot is funny.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:08:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 12:09:14 AM EDT
[#29]
Looks like it'll be total ass.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top