Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/16/2008 7:00:02 PM EDT
Any former or current fraternity members sound off...

I decided when I came to UT that the greek scene wasn't AT ALL for me, all of the frats seemed to be pretty much interchangeable.

Then, a couple of friends and I got contacted by the alumni of an inactive chapter of Zeta Psi (Iota Alpha), and we've put in a lot of work and started our own fraternity this year. We're poised to move back into the old house and become active again in the fall of 2008.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#1]
So are you guys different than all of the other frats?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
i was with  TKU

tappa kegga you

SAE= Same Assholes Everywhere

can't get laid TRI DELT
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#3]
No, every frat here, even the volunteer and scholarly ones, are full of assholes. My good friend is a member of Busta Kappa Kappa, though.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:23:03 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a SAE.

Good luck to you and your bros, make it your own.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:24:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:27:35 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Let's PLEASE try to keep this thread civil.  

A lot of frat threads generally degrade into insults and name-calling from frat vs. non-frat people.  Let's try to make this one an exception!  

Just like it is on most college campuses!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I Eta Phi.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:34:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Phi Kappa Theta, AZ Alpha Iota.

Been a while since we did this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:35:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Only different for us, because we can make our own rules and policies.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Yes, i belong to a fraternity.................The International Brotherhood of Dragon Slayers, Local 911.

You would know us as the Fire Department.

You ain't a Brother(or sister) till you crawl into the mouth of hell with them and depend on each other to come back out alive.

Everything else outside of the emergency services, Law enforcement or the military is just feelgood brotherhood.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#11]
yep, if it weren't for the letters on the shirt, couldn't tell the frat clowns apart.  i had ZERO interest in joining a frat, though i hung out with several of them.

Paying $400/semester for friends just seemed like a ripoff when you can hang out with the same assholes for free.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:37:07 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
can't get laid TRI DELT

At UNL it was TRI DELT everyone else has.  

SBG
Theta Chi - Alpha Upsilon Chapter
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:37:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Phi Sigma Kappa, Kappa Septaton Chapter.

5+ years down the road, I can honestly say that the experience I took away from being inductor and later chapter president have afforded me task management and balancing skills well beyond that of my non-greek peers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:39:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

5+ years down the road, I can honestly say that the experience I took away from being inductor and later chapter president have afforded me task management and balncing skills well beyond that of my non-greek peers.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:01:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Zeta-Beta Chapter  
University of Evansville
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:03:36 PM EDT
[#16]
No, but I drank a ton of their beer for free.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:18:28 PM EDT
[#17]
Kappa Sigma
Epsilon Gamma Chapter
Louisiana Tech

I'd be missing out on more than half of my current friends if I hadn't pledged.

Good Luck on getting back your charter.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:25:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

5+ years down the road, I can honestly say that the experience I took away from being inductor and later chapter president have afforded me task management and balncing skills well beyond that of my non-greek peers.

But your spelling is pretty much on par.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Kappa Alpha Order
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:02:20 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I missed an "a" on the keyboard. Am I free to go spelling police?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:05:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Alpha Phi Sigma, national criminal justice honor society
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:06:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Tau Kappa Epsilon
Lambda Chi Chapter at Wayne State College, NE (scroll 369)
Gamma Beta Chapter at Colorado State University (scroll 618 1/2)
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:10:15 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up, Mr. President. When you brag the way you did, then make a bonehead typo, you've got to expect to take some poop over it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:13:55 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Lighten up, Mr. President. When you brag the way you did, then make a bonehead typo, you've got to expect to take some poop over it.

I wasnt bragging, I was sharing my experience with the O.P who asked for it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:15:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I remember my frat days whenever I get a flare up.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I Phelta Thi

Suma Cum Laude.
Frats are dumb.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:16:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:17:37 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

5+ years down the road, I can honestly say that the experience I took away from being inductor and later chapter president have afforded me task management and balancing skills well beyond that of my non-greek peers.

Phi Sig Kap at my school (Towson U') were a bunch of guidos from Jersey. I had better things to pay for then frat fees, like a brand new XD40 and range fees. To many popped collars for my liking also.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:21:28 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say potato, I say bragging.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:24:40 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You say potato, I say bragging.

ok ?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Do frat guys get more chicks?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#32]
No, but sorority girls are great fucks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:25:57 AM EDT
[#33]
No frat for me.

I'm straight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 12:29:11 AM EDT
[#34]
All you frat guys pale in comparison to me - I was in Skull and Bones.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:54:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Pi Kappa Alpha
Beta Kappa Chapter
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 2:22:04 AM EDT
[#36]
so learn me up on this college frat thing. is pledging really as bad as everyone makes it out to be? i was deployed with some guys in frats, they were assholes to a man, and they had some nasty stories from pledging. is it really worth it?

if not, ive always got the International Brotherhood of St. Barbara.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:20:50 AM EDT
[#37]
I am Phi Kappa Tau from the University of Florida.

I had a very good fraternity experience and I am a better man for it. I learned a lot about how a good man conducts his affairs and I learned a little about how a fool conducts theirs'.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:24:29 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Yes, i belong to a fraternity.................The International Brotherhood of Dragon Slayers, Local 911.

You would know us as the Fire Department.

You ain't a Brother(or sister) till you crawl into the mouth of hell with them and depend on each other to come back out alive.

Everything else outside of the emergency services, Law enforcement or the military is just feelgood brotherhood.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:28:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Delta Chi
GSC
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:30:41 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
Pi Kappa Alpha
Beta Kappa Chapter

Phi Phi

Eta Tau Chapter
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:32:42 AM EDT
[#41]
I'm sorry but Frats are teh ghey!  What's the deal with those tards having dances with a sorority and not letting them bring their own dates.  Nothing like trying to insure that you and your "brothers" have someone to dance with.  Many of the girls just opted out and didn't go.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I'm sorry but Frats are teh ghey!  What's the deal with those tards having dances with a sorority and not letting them bring their own dates.  Nothing like trying to insure that you and your "brothers" have someone to dance with.  Many of the girls just opted out and didn't go.

HA!  Looks like someone's girlfriend got tagged at a social.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:36:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:39:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Alpha Tau Omega
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:41:53 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

You are NOT Greeks
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:44:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Epsilon Delta Pi, the geek frat.

-James
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:44:29 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Ummmmmm.....no they didn't, that's just what you were told....
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:54:26 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You are NOT Greeks

My straight from Greece, moved to the US at the age of 17 great-grandmother slapped one of my cousins in the mouth when he said about the same line to one of my other cousins.

"So'a much disrespect!"

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:56:07 AM EDT
[#49]

I felta thigh....

Stewie!

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 5:03:40 AM EDT
[#50]

Frat guys cannot understand why nobody respects them.

They insist that their "brotherhood" has some kind of nobility, that everyone else should respect.

Respect our random selection of teenage assholes!

Of course, if anyone points out anything negative about their random selection of members, they all high five each other and convince themselves that everyone is jealous.

If there was a fraternity of guys who flew flak supression missions over Vietnam, I would respect that.  Because such men are individually respectable.

On the other hand, I generally think less of a guy who joins a frat.  I don't trust people who have the need to "belong".

When I was at Rutgers, one of the frat pledges died of alcohol poisoning.  So they dried out the frats. At that point, there were so few pledges that the frat guys would literally run out to the street and ask you to join the frat.

Of course, I'm just jealous.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top