Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2008 10:15:40 AM EDT
Taking the family to Las vegas and then California for vacation. What all gun shops, ranges should i stop at on the way. we all like guns so we dont want to miss the good ones. BTW we are driving.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:16:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Cali..... Gun Shops..... does not compute.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:17:34 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Taking the family to Las vegas and then California for vacation. What all gun shops, ranges should i stop at on the way. we all like guns so we dont want to miss the good ones. BTW we are driving.

NVHTF is your best bet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:17:35 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Heh, yeah. You should make any gun purchases on the way BACK.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:20:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

California is the largest market for firearms in the country.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:21:24 AM EDT
[#5]
We have a few interesting ones around San Diego.

Hiram's Guns & Spirits (in El Cajon) sells alcohol, tobacco, and firearms all under one roof!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:39:01 AM EDT
[#6]
I wouldnt buy anything in Califoristan, i am just wanting to know if theres anything i shouldnt miss driving out there-like full auto ranges, long range ranges, you know somewhere you'd like to stop and shoot a rental or something.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 11:46:18 AM EDT
[#7]
Your ultimate desintation is Las Vages?

How about visiting Rodeo Dr in Beverly Hills?

Or the Mann's Chinese Theater? Where they have all of the hand and foot prints of major movie stars.

Drive along the coast route Hwy 1, and watch the spectacular coast line of cliff and overhanges.  This where Clint Eastwood lives.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:09:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:09:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Truth. I think my interwebs are imploding.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:17:01 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NVHTF is your best bet.

Big plus 1

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:24:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Always hit every gun shop you can. You will find treasure. There is a whole lot more to this great big shooting world than the AR15/HK91/FAL/etc.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 1:41:52 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Heh, yeah. You should make any gun purchases on the way BACK.

Yep. When I went to the FrontSight training, I had to rent a storage locker to leave my AR and my Baby Desert Eagle in.

There's a nice range in Albuquerque on the west side... surprisingly, it is called the West Side Shooting Park.

ETA

Quoted:
I wouldnt buy anything in Califoristan, i am just wanting to know if theres anything i shouldnt miss driving out there-like full auto ranges, long range ranges, you know somewhere you'd like to stop and shoot a rental or something.

In Vegas, there ARE  some ranges where you can rent & shoot full-auto stuff. IIRC last time I was in Vegas, it was WAAAYYYY too expensive for me.... I calculated one range at being slightly under $1.00 PER ROUND.

YMMV.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 2:53:25 PM EDT
[#13]
From OK - the ones that have a sign out front that say

Guns

Liquor
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top