Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/14/2001 12:18:39 PM EDT

Back in the mid 80s, I saw a video for an alternative rock type of song.  It may have been called "Sensoria," or something like that.  I believe it was on that "Night Flight" video show that used to air on USA Network.  Anyway, the video had some Amish-type guys saying, "Always work.  Go to church."  Catchy song - always stuck in my head.

Does anyone know the proper song title and who performed it?

...just something that's been bugging me for the past 15 or so years.

Thanks...

DrMark
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:22:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately, I don't know.  BUT as long as we're ID'ing music.  

After the normal MNF intro they talked about the matchup and in the background played music from a recent movie soundtrack.  What was the movie???

Thanks

- CD
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 12:50:47 PM EDT
[#3]
MNF = Monday Night Football.

- CD
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:26:13 PM EDT
[#4]
DrMark, if I'm thinking of the same song, it's by a group called Cabaret Voltaire.  Sensoria is the correct spelling of the title.  It was moderately famous for a while recently, because a song named Macarena ripped it off.  I believe it came-out in 1984, because I can remember hearing it on the radio on the way to visit my nephew in the hospital who later passed away on Christmas Eve 1984.  If I remember correctly, two of the band members were Stephen Mallinder and Richard Kirk.  I think I have it on vinyl.  Yes, I am the king of obscure music.z
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Back in the mid 80s, I saw a video for an alternative rock type of song.  It may have been called "Sensoria," or something like that.  I believe it was on that "Night Flight" video show that used to air on USA Network.  Anyway, the video had some Amish-type guys saying, "Always work.  Go to church."  Catchy song - always stuck in my head.
View Quote

If it's stuck in your head, can you provide more lyrics?  I'm drawing a blank with what you've given so far.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
DrMark, if I'm thinking of the same song, it's by a group called Cabaret Voltaire.  Sensoria is the correct spelling of the title.
View Quote

The only problem is that I don't remember Sensoria having the lyrics "Always work.  Go to church." anywhere in it.  Looking at the lyrics for the song, I don't see them.

[url]http://www.cyberden.com/cyberden/database/Lyrics/Cabaret_Voltaire/sensoria.lyrics[/url]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Does anyone know the proper song title and who performed it?

...just something that's been bugging me for the past 15 or so years.

Thanks...

DrMark
View Quote

Been bugging you for 15 years, huh?  Well where else but on AR15.com can you ask such a ridiculous question and get an answer 2 hours later?  BTW, anyone know the name of that song with that guy with the long hair and leather pants with tattoos on his arms?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#8]
GodBlessTexas, "Always work. Go to church" is the very first line in the song.  It is followed by the line "Do right."  I knew I had a good guess, because the Cabaret Voltaire song repeats the word Sensoria over and over again.  Also, if DrMark has been trying to remember for 15 years, then it is probably something pretty obscure.  This song certainly meets that criteria.  Also he said mid-80's.  I think this song was most popular at the end of '84.  He also mentioned Night Flight.  I can remember seeing the video to this on both Night Flight and Night Tracks.  I worked as a night-time/weekend UNIX admin at that time with a couple of guy's in their early 20's.  I got a lot of exposure to new music at that time.

Well DrMark, here's the MP3.  If you want it, get it quickly, because my ISP will probably delete it:

[url]users.upstate.net/zoom/Cabaret%20Voltaire%20-%20Sensoria.mp3[/url]

I'll say it again, I am the king of obscure music. ;)

To Hunduh's question:
BTW, anyone know the name of that song with that guy with the long hair and leather pants with tattoos on his arms?
View Quote

Can I e-mail you the list of possibilities?  There's a post size limit here. ;)z
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 4:08:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
...where else but on AR15.com can you ask such a ridiculous question and get an answer 2 hours later?
View Quote

That's exactly what I was thinking when I decided to give the AR15.com community a try.  And they did not disappoint!

BTW, anyone know the name of that song with that guy with the long hair and leather pants with tattoos on his arms?
View Quote

Iggy Pop - Lust for Life.  Or any one of a million others.

Quoted:
I am the king of obscure music.
View Quote

Yes, you are the king - you nailed it!  Thanks a bunch!  And thanks for the mp3.  Funny, the "15 years of memory decay" mix sounds a bit different than the actual song, but that's it, no doubt.

The alt-rock wasn't really my thing, I was more into Metal.  I do remember seeing some cool stuff on Night Flight, like the Anthrax video for "Madhouse."

Thanks again.

DrMark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top