Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 8:31:51 AM EDT
Okay guys,

I currently drive a moderately modified 1992 5.0 Mustang Notchback.  I love the car. It has been ultra-reliable, is paid for, and doesn't cost too much to maintain.

I keep looking at the zero financing most car dealers have of late, and my Dad told me that the F-250 come with 100,000 mile warranties.

So, if you guys had the choice to make, would you trade the car for the truck?

If it helps, the fiancee' drives a 4X4 Suburban.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Keep the mustang.  When you want to drive a real truck, drive the Suburban.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:45:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Buy a Dodge, those new 2002 are sweet.
Ice
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#3]
trade a reliable nice car that's YOURS, and you don't have to PAY for every stinkin month on a truck that you DO have to pay for every month?  nah.  

I've got about a year left on my truck, which is very reliable (needs a little work when it's payed off).  Not having a car note will help me more than getting a new car will.  

If you want a truck and can afford a note, go for it.  If you don't want a car note, then don't, you got a good car
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Keep the stang! I bought a new GT in 97 and then kept it for about a year and half then traded it for a extended cab 4x4 Ranger (yes, I loved it) But every time I pulled up next to a punk with a hoped up rice burner or a Camaro Etc... I just wanted to pour on the horses.....but couldn't[:(]

Now I drive a 2000 4cly 626 (needed gas milage).

Next year or so I want a Cobra.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:42:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Keep what is paid for
If you need a truck on occasion ,borrow or rent one
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:02:16 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I love the car. It has been ultra-reliable, is paid for, and doesn't cost too much to maintain.
View Quote

Uh, you love it, it's reliable, it's paid for and easy to work on.  What's your question again?

Seriously, keep the notch.  A nice, clean V8 coupe is hard to come by.  You will kick yourself in the ass every time that you see another coupe on the road.  

I have a 90 GT that I have modified quite a bit and I don't think that I would ever get rid of it.  It's paid for, fun to drive, easy to work on and it has fired up reliably for the last 8 years that I have owned it.  After all the hours spent modifying it I just couldn't let it go!

Like was suggested before, if you need a truck here and there rent one or borrow one.  Keep the 'Stang!

Here's a couple of shots of mine:

[url]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/842/images/Oyj4lcCoBQIAAGtIi20_842_46.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/842/images/Oyj4lcCoBQIAAGtIi20_842_56.jpg[/url]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:15:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love the car. It has been ultra-reliable, is paid for, and doesn't cost too much to maintain.
View Quote

Uh, you love it, it's reliable, it's paid for and easy to work on.  What's your question again?

Seriously, keep the notch.  A nice, clean V8 coupe is hard to come by.  You will kick yourself in the ass every time that you see another coupe on the road.  

I have a 90 GT that I have modified quite a bit and I don't think that I would ever get rid of it.  It's paid for, fun to drive, easy to work on and it has fired up reliably for the last 8 years that I have owned it.  After all the hours spent modifying it I just couldn't let it go!

Like was suggested before, if you need a truck here and there rent one or borrow one.  Keep the 'Stang!

Here's a couple of shots of mine:

[url]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/842/images/Oyj4lcCoBQIAAGtIi20_842_46.jpg[/url]

[url]http://www.netsnapshot.com/users/842/images/Oyj4lcCoBQIAAGtIi20_842_56.jpg[/url]
View Quote

Your probably right here!  Bye the way very nice looking GT!  What kind of brakes do you have up front, they look bigger than stock?

Do you the Bassini exhaust all the way back?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:37:59 AM EDT
[#9]
Matt_S,

Yea, I know your dilemma.  I got a Taurus SHO after a guy with no insurance pulled out in front of my truck (totaled: only liability insurance on my part).

Now my wife says if I want a new truck I have to give up the Hot Rod!

[>Q]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:32:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Your probably right here!  Bye the way very nice looking GT!  What kind of brakes do you have up front, they look bigger than stock?

View Quote

Thanks! I try to go for the clean look. [:D]

The front brakes are slotted 13" rotors with twin piston calipers from a newer Cobra.  The brakes are awesome!  One of the major flaws of Mustangs are the brakes.  This is one of the best modifications I made to the car (next to ripping out the automatic for a close ratio 5-speed!).

The only Bassani part that I have is the x-pipe.  I have 1-5/8" headers (BBK) and everything after the x-pipe is actually stock!  I have just not gotten around to putting on a 2-1/2" exhaust set up yet.  Plus, I like the quiet sound at the light.  It catches the Z28's off guard! [:D]

Now, repeat after me:  Keep the coupe, keep the coupe, keep the coupe...

edited 'cause my dern smilies no worky!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:31:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Thanks! I try to go for the clean look. [:D]

The front brakes are slotted 13" rotors with twin piston calipers from a newer Cobra.  The brakes are awesome!  One of the major flaws of Mustangs are the brakes.  This is one of the best modifications I made to the car (next to ripping out the automatic for a close ratio 5-speed!).

The only Bassani part that I have is the x-pipe.  I have 1-5/8" headers (BBK) and everything after the x-pipe is actually stock!  I have just not gotten around to putting on a 2-1/2" exhaust set up yet.  Plus, I like the quiet sound at the light.  It catches the Z28's off guard! [:D]

Now, repeat after me:  Keep the coupe, keep the coupe, keep the coupe...

edited 'cause my dern smilies no worky!
View Quote

thanks, AmeRican15.  i don't want him to sell the 'stang either.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 5:30:21 PM EDT
[#12]
Dump the Mustang. Every real man NEEDS a truck.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 6:11:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Dump the Rustang and don't even think of buying another Ford or a pile of shit Dodge!
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 10:49:27 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't know much about the mustang you have. I think you should keep it though if you can afford the insurance, gas, etc. As for a Ford F250, if you need a truck just for working with buy an old one. I owned three Ford F250's - '77(caught fire-totalled), '78(wrecked), and a '79(sold to get a 4X4 in Alaska), loved them all. I also bought them all used.
Basically the Fords were great for what I needed them for and I never paid over $2,000 for each one. The older trucks are WAY easier to work on and cheaper with insurance. They were for the most part TOO big though. The 400ci would drink gas in a hurry. If you like to play games, go ahead and join the "Chevy vs Dodge vs Ford vs GMC" debate. I've seen good and bad trucks come out of each of those factories. I currently own a '92 Dodge Dakota (my first Dodge was a '77), and it has over 100,000 miles both highway and offroad, and it's been a GREAT truck!
WSmac
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top