Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2001 9:52:13 AM EDT
For all of shtf types; what type of shelter do you have or plan on building.  Whether it be for protection from crazy mobs, looters, or federal agents coming to confiscate your guns.

Is it in a rural area; what is is made of.  What is it designed to withstand?  Rifle bullets, grenades, more?  What supplies do you have on hand?  How long will they last you, etc?
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 10:19:00 AM EDT
[#1]
How about a nice tinfoil tent and a tinfoil hat and jacket for those times that you have to stick your head outside to check for black helicopters?
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 10:23:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I got some plans mailorder from this church group in Texas and then I'm gonna...
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 10:51:02 AM EDT
[#3]
I could tell you all about my underground bunker loaded with weapons, ammo, and living provisions for a year, but then I'd have to take you out!
[frag] [frag] [frag] [frag]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 11:12:42 AM EDT
[#4]
here, check out this shelter for $40k, you can order online;
http://www.gas-masks.com/p10disastershelter.html
LoL, do you think they ship overnight??
[puke]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:19:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#6]
OK, this could be fun. I'm starting a new post on what everyone thinks they should have stored for this occasion!
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:53:38 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm saving up for a decomissioned nuke silo.

I'll go sit at the bottom of the tube with the 2 headed rats and my tinfoil hat safe as can be.

[@:D]
Hey, we need an icon wearing a tinfoil hat

Link Posted: 1/23/2001 6:56:58 PM EDT
[#8]
I saw that on Discovery Channel once!  Some guy actually bought an old silo facility for next to nothing. He then turned it into a really cool undergroung house!  For real!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 7:03:52 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a guy developing them into high $ homes some where out west iirc. The underground control rooms are in pretty good shape but the silos are trashed, rusted out and flooded.

[rocket]
Link Posted: 1/23/2001 8:06:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Check this out: http://www.terraseetch.com/landsale.htm

Otherwise vacant land with a perfect SHTF shelter! [:)]
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 5:05:44 AM EDT
[#11]
I've got my PC orange North Face tent to hold me over till I get to that church group in Texas [;)]
Link Posted: 1/24/2001 5:41:59 AM EDT
[#12]
the best shelter for a SHTF is not getting into one. Live and let live. Life is beautiful.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top