Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/14/2001 12:58:02 AM EDT
I was thinking about this and I don't really know that the Gov. knows this stuff that well.

Ok I know "no sh!t man" but I'm talking about the small things like hiders and tetl stocks.
I know that there will be guy from the ATF all to happy to help out with the info but the feds can't do anything right even stuff they want to.

This is what I think,e may end up with all per-ban deall with all the guns we have today.
After the new bill kicks in we may very well have a new time line for per vs post ban and we could be on the good side due to the Gov. not knowing any better.

If my idea holds water we may want to think about gettting all the rifles we can to keep as many per bans on the market as we can.

Tell me want you think on this,I only know a lil. about the ban so you guys that know more jump in here.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I think you mean the '94 ban. Unless you mean the year they "86ed" all the cool shit from our toys. Anyway if I'm reading you correctly you are saying if there is a brief window when the ban sunsets it will all be preban, I seriously doubt that's happening. They'll just make the new law so anything pre 94 manufactured is a go and everythinbg else is not.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 1:59:21 AM EDT
[#2]
I think there was a 86 ban and it's the one that will sunset not the 94 yet but tats what I think I don't know for afact.

The point is I don't know they will will pick up on this and just satrt over with a biger better ban in there minds.
If they do they may be a chance that all weapons we have now will be per-ban but cuz the new ban would after they are on the market.

I know it's a long shot but maybe in the rush to set up a better ban in there minds they may over look that part or even more long of a shot maybe one of the good guys would let this slide as way to fight the ban.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:35:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The only ban in 1986 was a ban on future production of machineguns for civilian use.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
The only ban in 1986 was a ban on future production of machineguns for civilian use.

Michael
View Quote

Which sucks big time!  Checkout a 1986 Shotgun News for any class 3 gun and the price will kill you.  
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:02:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm sorry about all the loss in profits that the Class III folks would suffer in the event that the 1986 ban on future manufacture/import of NFA weapons was overturned or repealed.

But I didn't think that all this country was about was to produce profits for some citizens and limited freedom for others.

Eric The(MaybeIWasWrong,Huh?)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:33:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm sorry about all the loss in profits that the Class III folks would suffer in the event that the 1986 ban on future manufacture/import of NFA weapons was overturned or repealed.

But I didn't think that all this country was about was to produce profits for some citizens and limited freedom for others.

View Quote

yep [:D] but just imagine how much of that they could eventually make up by selling legal full-auto rifles in numbers. i would be more than happy to suffer a loss on my pre-ban mags, and colt pre-ban rifle.

maybeyoucouldbesright lib
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:42:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

I would lose some $$$, not as much as many, but still a pretty penny and I couldn't give a shit less. If the NFA 34/68 were repealed tomorrow I would be one in a crowd of many happiest guys in the world.

I think that people that buy NFA stuff to try and turn a profit should lose out in the end. The same goes for preban profiteers.

Like I've said before, I pay the money cause thats what it costs to get into the game. I doubt I'll ever sell a machinegun. I'll have them buried with me, or maybe have a drawing for them for ar15.com members in my waning days, payable upon my death. That is, only if my kids don't want em.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:42:53 PM EDT
[#8]
What's a per ban?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I think there was a 86 ban and it's the one that will sunset not the 94 yet but tats what I think I don't know for afact.

View Quote

The 86' machine gun ban will not sunset, neither will the 89' Import Ban.

The 94 Crime Bill will sunset right before the election. George is already fighting the "He stole the vote" B.S. Think he's gonna risk evil assault rifles one month before the election? The Democrats would crucify him. Plus is was Daddy Bush Sr. who banned most assault rifles in 89 to begin with.

A new ban will be created and signed before the 94 sunsets. And it will be far worse than the current one.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 7:25:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Where have you been Styer??

GW didnt steal the election, thanks to the University of Chicago and the 8 news agencies that hired them we know as of this week that he would have won by 430 votes even if Gore got the recount- except of course the purpose of the recount wasnt to count but to enter fraudulant votes so the Supremes were correct on stopping it.

No one is going to bring up gun control. The Dems dont want to talk about it.  It cost them the 94 congressional elections and the 2000 presidential race.  No one in America beleves that gun control has done anything to reduce crime in this country. And there wont be many in the US to argue for it, as the MMMs are out of business and the Brady organization is struggling in financial trouble.

The 94 Crime Bill will sunset at the least, it will not be replaced.  And that is assuming the Supreme Court doesnt intervene in the next 3 years to radically curb gun control.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top