Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 6:30:08 PM EDT
She just got done yelling at me from the wash room.  Looks like I left some more live rounds in my pants. South African 7.62x39 this time. They rattle around a make a terrible noise when they get free of the pocket!  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:31:15 PM EDT
[#1]
lol!!!!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:36:42 PM EDT
[#2]
How does that stuff shoot.  I'm hoping it groups better than Wolf, but holds about the same average point of impact.  I bought a case (1,400) at the last area gunshow, and am wondering if that was a good move.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#3]
What is she pissed about?  That you're a doctor but you're still buying that cheap steel-cased ammo?  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:51:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#5]
[b]ARDOC[/b], the next time that happens Buddy, what you need to do is to come up to her, grab her by both arms and pull her close to you and say softly:

'Baby, I just love it when you get angry like that with me! You look so incredibly good when you're riled up like that. I sometimes do things like leaving the rounds in my pocket just so I can see you like this. Tell you what I'll do - I'll help you with the washing and folding, provided that the last load we wash and fold tonight will be the clothes we both have on now!'

And then kiss her squarely on the lips and do what you told her you were going to do!

You gotta trust the Hun on this one, my friend!

You will then be able to answer the Poll on the 'How Often Do You Get It?' thread, with a higher frequency than you originally did!

Eric The(Ladies')Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:05:36 PM EDT
[#6]
You guys are killing me!  LOL.  Actually, these are nice brass cased, copper jacketed rounds.  They look just like the SA 5.56, only fatter! Same plain chinese take out looking box with the white paper tape. Really good stuff.  Pretty accurate. I bought it from AIM surplus for $100 for 1000.  I think they are out because they no longer offer it online.  I would call to see.  

You guys dont even want hear the screaming when I left my pilot pen in my scrubs. Ruined two loads or wash.

Almost as bad as when my friend was taking meds for TB because he reacted to the skin test.  He put the pills in his pocket every morning. He forgot to take them one day.  What people dont realize is that many drugs are dyes.  Orange in this case.  He became the posterboy for sunkist! Orange underwear, orange tee-shirts!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:19:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Boy did my wife get pissed when she vaccumed up some loose .22 LR. Plus it killed the vaccuum and no one wanted to work on it.
[peep]
I had to lay low for a while.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:20:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Wonder if it could cook-off in the dryer?
View Quote

Speaking from, ahhh cough, personal experience, they don't cook-off.  I've left Wolf 7.62x39, some random corrosive 8mm Mauser, and a bunch of 22LR in my pockets, and none of it has caused a problem for the dryer.  Now, they did cause a problem for me with my wife.z
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:23:47 PM EDT
[#9]
LOL, I was reading SOF and the Wolf ammo worked after a month in a salt bath. That lacquer does a great job of protecting the round. They looked like shit coming out, but they chambered in an AK and ignited. The commies did somethings right!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:51:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
She just got done yelling at me from the wash room.  Looks like I left some more live rounds in my pants. South African 7.62x39 this time. They rattle around a make a terrible noise when they get free of the pocket!  
View Quote
Well, coming from someone who has personally washed M855's on many occasions...So long as you use a healthy amount of Tide, your wash should be squeaky clean. I don't see what the problem is?[;)]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:08:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:30:53 PM EDT
[#12]
And you can read those MAGAZINES when you are done shooting!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:36:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Wanna really piss her off....

Dump 250lbs of corncob media in the dryer, fill with 20,000 .223 casings....and wa'la - best damn tumbler in the world!!!!

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:06:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
My question is..if you filled a washer with a cleaning medium designed for brass...could you tumble 1000 cases at a time?
View Quote

Quoted:
Dump 250lbs of corncob media in the dryer, fill with 20,000 .223 casings....and wa'la - best damn tumbler in the world!!!!
View Quote

Haaaa!  I just woke my wife up laughing my balls off at this one.  "What's so funny you hade to wake me up?"  HaHaaa!  

Wouldn't it be priceless:  Go to the coin laundry and find those monster tumble dryers they use for quilts.  Dump in 50lbs of corncob media and a duffle bag of .223 or 30-06!  Hell .50 BMG just for the fun of the look on their faces! [:O]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:56:15 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
My question is..if you filled a washer with a cleaning medium designed for brass...could you tumble 1000 cases at a time?
View Quote

Quoted:
View Quote

Haaaa!  I just woke my wife up laughing my balls off at this one.  "What's so funny you hade to wake me up?"  HaHaaa!  

Wouldn't it be priceless:  Go to the coin laundry and find those monster tumble dryers they use for quilts.  Dump in 50lbs of corncob media and a duffle bag of .223 or 30-06!  Hell .50 BMG just for the fun of the look on their faces! [:O]
View Quote

A year or two ago, I remember reading an article on Yahoo/Reuters "Oddly Enough" about a laundromat that was having a breakage problem.  They put in a camera and found that some kids had started a contest to see who could stay in a running dryer the longest. [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
[b]ARDOC[/b], the next time that happens Buddy, what you need to do is to come up to her, grab her by both arms and pull her close to you and say softly:

'Baby, I just love it when you get angry like that with me! You look so incredibly good when you're riled up like that. I sometimes do things like leaving the rounds in my pocket just so I can see you like this. Tell you what I'll do - I'll help you with the washing and folding, provided that the last load we wash and fold tonight will be the clothes we both have on now!'

And then kiss her squarely on the lips and do what you told her you were going to do!

You gotta trust the Hun on this one, my friend!

You will then be able to answer the Poll on the 'How Often Do You Get It?' thread, with a higher frequency than you originally did!

Eric The(Ladies')Hun[>]:)]
View Quote

My wife would never fall for that.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 3:53:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Post from GWIGG -
My wife would never fall for that.
View Quote

But you TRIED it, right? I mean, it can't hurt to TRY it.

Eric The(MizHunMustBe'Easy'-ItWorksEveryTime!)Hun[>]:)]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top