Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 4:42:58 PM EDT
I'm not the most knowledgable individual when it comes to the law, but I feel that I know more than the average citizen.  

Here are some of my most amusing run ins with stupid people who are positive that they know the law: "that's what my brother's girlfriend's friend's dog told me, and his neighbor is a lawyer!"

DUIs:
"If you get pulled over while driving under the influence (or in an accident under the influence), take your keys out of the ignition, and throw them on the floor, that way the cop can't prove that you were driving."

Open alcohol container:
"this law was created so people wouldn't drink ANY liquid while driving (as a distraction), so if a cop pulls you over with an open Pepsi in your lap, he can cite you."  I guess road head is out of the question too.[:D]

Anyone else have any funny 'laws'???
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't even want to get started on gun laws, I could right a book on that one...

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:57:35 PM EDT
[#2]
"if you shoot a guy at your window or front door, whatever you do, be sure to drag him inside, that way its legal"
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:01:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, there is no way that homicide detective will see the blood and brains in your yard, or the blood trail from dragging in a mangled, bloody corpse from a 3.5 inch 12 guage mag! I agree, some people are not to smart
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:14:32 PM EDT
[#4]
So many laws, so many criminals nowadays.  Is it any wonder that no one can interpret them?  Seems like part of the plan.  Lame advice about DUIs, just the same.  I hope there is a rock for every member of MADD to eternally push up a hill when they get to hell.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:19:04 PM EDT
[#5]
If your an undercover cop and a perp asks if your a cop you have to tell them that you are otherwise it's entrapment.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:22:55 PM EDT
[#6]
HKocher, the subject to this thread is just wrong.  These people aren't "interpreting" the law.  They're simply making it up as they go along!z

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#7]
We used to have a shop full of lawyers, all certified by the ASE, and on some secret BAR no one's heard of except these "shop lawyers". Any time somebody got fired, they could write a small novel on how the terminated employee could sue, get his job back, and own the dealership. One even told me that he couldn't get fired for bringing a gun on the property, after he was the one who got them banned for bending over and having his ass crack, and .45 showing at the same time to a customer. He said it was his constitutional right to bear arms, and that even meant on private property. The shop lawyers all backed him up, so it must have been true!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:24:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
If your an undercover cop and a perp asks if your a cop you have to tell them that you are otherwise it's entrapment.
View Quote
i love that one same with the adding a disclamier on a pirate software/movie/music board about if you any way affilaited with low enforcement do not enter blah blah blah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top