Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 4:00:54 PM EDT
I had forgotten all about this political "dramedy" made in 1982.  It is a low budget brilliant movie that is completely relevant to today's events.  I can't believe how similar the plot is in this film to what is happening today.  The final "Oh my God!" scene was when they found nuclear suitcase bombs on the top of the World Trade Center.  Also had Robert Conrad and Leslie Nielsen.  It's both campy and deadly derious about politics and American foreign policy.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Eh, Connery's a flaming gun-banner (and an overrated actor as well!). Why couldn't they have made the film with Tom Selleck instead?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:09:30 PM EDT
[#2]
The movie sucked and is hardly relevant, seeing as how no one in the government has said that Bin Laden has nuclear weapons.  They say he wants them, and he does, and they say he is trying to get them, and he is.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:12:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The movie didn't suck and is surprisingly relevant.  It's not a carbon copy of actual events after Sept 11 but you have to admit there's more than a few similarities.  At the very least there are some very funny scenes.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Me buy, watch, rent anything with Sean Connery in it? Hell, no.

HE gave ONE MILLION POUNDS to the Snowdrop Campaign in the UK after the elementary school massacre in Dunblane, Scotland. The Snowdrop Campaign, which had been languishing in disunity until then, used the money AND his image and celebrity endorsement to wage a huge media campaign in the UK, whose immediate, and succesful goal was to make virtually any sort of handgun use or ownership illegal, thence to the ultimate goal, total ban on civilian firearm ownership or use in the United Kingdom.

The mere fact that illegal gun ownership and use in the UK are rising does not faze these people; their ultimate goal is to abolish any kind of "gun culture" in the UK and then in the rest of the world.

Nice guy. Fack 'im.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 4:41:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The movie didn't suck and is surprisingly relevant.  It's not a carbon copy of actual events after Sept 11 but you have to admit there's more than a few similarities.  At the very least there are some very funny scenes.  
View Quote

Well, I thought it sucked.  Tastes vary.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Me buy, watch, rent anything with Sean Connery in it? Hell, no.

HE gave ONE MILLION POUNDS to the Snowdrop Campaign in the UK after the elementary school massacre in Dunblane, Scotland. The Snowdrop Campaign, which had been languishing in disunity until then, used the money AND his image and celebrity endorsement to wage a huge media campaign in the UK, whose immediate, and succesful goal was to make virtually any sort of handgun use or ownership illegal, thence to the ultimate goal, total ban on civilian firearm ownership or use in the United Kingdom.

The mere fact that illegal gun ownership and use in the UK are rising does not faze these people; their ultimate goal is to abolish any kind of "gun culture" in the UK and then in the rest of the world.

Nice guy. Fack 'im.
View Quote

whooaahh. and a pound is worth more than a US dollar. for this i too will not rent or buy another connor film. grrrr

why cant we have one celebrity donate over a million bucks to a pro-gun organization. hmmm maybe there is.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:35:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Which is why Roger Moore is my favorite Bond actor...

Although, you folks should seriously watch the movie 'Zardoz' starring Connery, very interesting... (Early 70s release IIRC)
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#8]
If you wouldn't go see a really good movie, because one of the actors is anti-gun, does that mean you'd go SEE a really bad movie if the actor was pro-gun?

Link Posted: 11/14/2001 5:43:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
If you wouldn't go see a really good movie, because one of the actors is anti-gun, does that mean you'd go SEE a really bad movie if the actor was pro-gun?

View Quote

Pretty much.
How about not going to movies at all?

Hollywood sucks and I do as little as I can to support their leftist agenda.
Yeah , I watch some TV but all in all it's a waste of time.
Now if I could only pull myself away from this freakin' computer I'd really be free.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top