Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2008 8:52:24 PM EDT
The Simpson's Bible thumping, uber-religious neighbor. Yes he has kids, but do you think it is possible that he is a closet homosexual?

Here are some pics to help you decide.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:53:02 PM EDT
[#1]
arfcom rules.

eta: he's straight and maude was a stone fox.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#2]
does this mean he eats at McDonalds?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked #2.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:54:37 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
does this mean he eats at McDonalds?

Probably.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:54:39 PM EDT
[#5]
HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WIFE???
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:55:21 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
HAVE YOU SEEN HIS WIFE???

You mean the dead one?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
The Simpsons Movie (2007)

Ned Flanders: Thank you, Lord, for this bountiful...
Ned Flanders: [screams]
Ned Flanders: PENIS!
Rod Flanders, Todd Flanders: [devoutly] ... bountiful penis.
Todd Flanders: Amen.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
The Simpsons Movie (2007)

Ned Flanders: Thank you, Lord, for this bountiful...
Ned Flanders: [screams]
Ned Flanders: PENIS!
Rod Flanders, Todd Flanders: [devoutly] ... bountiful penis.
Todd Flanders: Amen.

Ralph Wiggum: I like men now!
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 8:59:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Did you not see his girlfriend after his wife died?  Not gay.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:00:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Did you not see his girlfriend after his wife died?  Not gay.

He could be trying to appear strait. He is religious after all and might think giving into homosexual urges is a horrible sin.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:02:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Why does the shape of his torso reverse itself when he takes off his shirt?

Is this some sort of homosexual mind trick?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:02:37 PM EDT
[#12]

It's like I'm wearing nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.

Stupid sexy Flanders.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:02:38 PM EDT
[#13]
No
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:03:42 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Willy is freaking ripped too.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

All Scotsmen are freaking ripped. Didn't you see Braveheart?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 9:07:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, but Ned Flanders acts like a fag.

Willy acts like he'd kick your ass for even saying 'fag.'
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Bump.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Does Killswitch wish he could switch teams?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:46:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Possible switch hitter?
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Possible switch hitter?

Nah. I love my wife.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:48:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Possible switch hitter?

Nah. I love my wife.

So did Ned.......
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:48:39 PM EDT
[#22]
nope
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:50:01 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Word on the street is Killswitch is on the down-low.  Which is why the parking lot encounter guy was so hostile...couldn't figure Killswitch out.  Gaydar going off but he doesn't seem gay.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Yesindeedilydoodley.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#25]
#2 God diddly Damnit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:51:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Nope, but his kids are obviously gay.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#27]
O-diddly-wned

Or, no-diddly-ot.

Ned is possibly gay. But it just hasn't occured to him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:54:46 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Word on the street is Killswitch is on the down-low.  Which is why the parking lot encounter guy was so hostile...couldn't figure Killswitch out.  Gaydar going off but he doesn't seem gay.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:55:07 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Yep.  In the episode where Bart sees his future, he goes to Flander's house to hit him up for money.  Flanders, who is blind, gives him some and thanks him for not outing Rod and Todd, who are shown in tank tops and cut-off shorts polishing furniture out front.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 7:58:08 PM EDT
[#30]
IDK. Flanders gets a bad rap. He's, for the most part, a good neighbor and did save Homer's life when his house was on fire.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:01:47 PM EDT
[#31]
uh o looks like some one needs to go here.

Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:01:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:03:18 PM EDT
[#33]
Only when he is shagging some dude in the butt!
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:05:15 PM EDT
[#34]
No, Ned is not gay, very weird with really fucked up kids, but not gay.
Ned is a good guy, tries hard, but he's just a dork.

And the reason he's ripped in that picture, is because he was playing "Stanley", opposite Marge's "Stella", in "Streetcar Named Desire", and was in character.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
IDK. Flanders gets a bad rap. He's, for the most part, a good neighbor and did save Homer's life when his house was on fire.

I'd vote for him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 8:10:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:08:33 AM EDT
[#37]
He was married for many years and he banged a hot movie star in one episode.  I say the guy is pretty straight.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:11:21 AM EDT
[#38]
No. They're giving him ambiguous traits to - yet again - rip on religious people.

'cuz the cool kids are all atheists or non-Christian.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:20:20 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
img504.imageshack.us/img504/3295/simsonsstupissexylanderqo8.jpg

It's like I'm wearing nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.
..nothing at all.

Stupid sexy Flanders.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:32:21 AM EDT
[#40]
For my opinion I borrow a passage from the comedy stylings of Jeff Dunham and Peanut:
Peanut: You are GAY!
Jeff: But I have a wife and three kids!
Peanut: Nice cover!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:40:08 AM EDT
[#41]
While it may be possible that his hardline religious principles are his way of over compensating for being homosexual, I would say that he is not, he genuinely cared for and loved his wife and had a lot of problems relating to it when she died. He is pretty oblivious to what happens around him, but I think he would know if he was gay, they just like to toy with the idea sometimes because it sets up him making Rod & Todd gay. Combine his homemaker type metro-ness with the fact that he became an only father and its a recipe for butt bandits.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:44:43 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
No. They're giving him ambiguous traits to - yet again - rip on religious people.

I don't agree with this at all. If you pay attention, most of the citizens of Springfield are church going. Ned is the only real bible beater, the rest are sinners and saints and various times and Rev. Lovejoy and his wife seem to genuinely care, but they too have their moments of weakness and are a useful vessel to use a little church humor.

For the most part God is portrayed rather positively and often Ned & the Flanders are given salvation through prayer.

I enjoy the Simpsons, even when they sucked for a few seasons. I'm glad to see that they ramped it back up so its pretty decent again. Combined with South Park they make interesting cases of social commentary rather than mindless entertainment.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#43]

Doh!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 4:46:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:25:39 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't agree with this at all. If you pay attention, most of the citizens of Springfield are church going. Ned is the only real bible beater, the rest are sinners and saints and various times and Rev. Lovejoy and his wife seem to genuinely care, but they too have their moments of weakness and are a useful vessel to use a little church humor.

For the most part God is portrayed rather positively and often Ned & the Flanders are given salvation through prayer.

I enjoy the Simpsons, even when they sucked for a few seasons. I'm glad to see that they ramped it back up so its pretty decent again. Combined with South Park they make interesting cases of social commentary rather than mindless entertainment.

Um no.

The Simpsons - I am a fan so hear me out - routinely bag on Christians and Christianity. The Reverend Lovejoy is off-and-on a complete punching bag for ripping on religious folks, and so is Flanders.

The writers have at times gone out of their way to make up to Christians but overall they mostly rip on religion.

And you know what? I'm an evangelical Christian... And I can laugh at a joke at "my" expense IF IT IS FUNNY. In the Simpsons movie Homer grabs a bible when his dad falls over in the church, flips through it and yells "THERE'S NO ANSWERS HERE!!!" - that's humorous. I don't agree with it in the least but it's funny.

But at times the Simpsons have just been flat-out mean to religious folks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:34:10 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

+ one diddely doo
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:37:13 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

'cuz the cool kids are all atheists or non-Christian. [://

Um no.

The Simpsons - I am a fan so hear me out - routinely bag on Christians and Christianity. The Reverend Lovejoy is off-and-on a complete punching bag for ripping on religious folks, and so is Flanders.

The writers have at times gone out of their way to make up to Christians but overall they mostly rip on religion.

And you know what? I'm an evangelical Christian... And I can laugh at a joke at "my" expense IF IT IS FUNNY. In the Simpsons movie Homer grabs a bible when his dad falls over in the church, flips through it and yells "THERE'S NO ANSWERS HERE!!!" - that's humorous. I don't agree with it in the least but it's funny.

If you are talking about any Simpson's episodes in the last five years, they don't count.

The show is now a zombie parody of itself.

It's like Teddy Roosevelt with Alzheimer's - the tragedy is all the more because it is a living reminder of it's former magnificence.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:41:24 AM EDT
[#48]
not sure....probally.....but its the molesterstach that creeps me out about him....probally touches little kids and stuff like that.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 6:50:14 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Um no.

I think that because you're an evangelical Christian that you are too sensitive to the religious jabs. They rip on a lot of things.

Using Homer as your example... well, he is a dumb ass, through and through, of course he would say something like that. I'm sure you've seen the episode where Homer joins the NRA and he is a complete buffoon, shoots the TV to change the channel, etc. Well when the other people find out they kick him out for being unsafe, even though they poke fun at various characters with the guns, it still comes through rather balanced.

Religion is a big talking point on the Simpsons, I know they rip on Hinduism often with Apu, Jews with Krusty, cultists, etc.

There are several very spiritual episodes. Bart sells his soul to Milhouse (I think?) and finds out that he needs it, etc.

I'm just saying I don't see jokes about religion as being anti-religious.

Link Posted: 4/17/2008 7:04:03 AM EDT
[#50]
I tried to pick D and E, but there is no F? What have you been doing with Ned's pic??
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top