Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 2:21:54 PM EDT
heres a link to an interesting article about the use of National ID cards.
[url]http://Slate.msn.com/?id=2058321[/url]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:38:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Because millions of Americans refuse to carry "YOUR PAPERS"????
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:48:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:52:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I find it very hard to believe that Mr. Ellison would provide the software free of charge. I'm sure he had a plan that would make Oracle a substantial amount of money in the future. Oracle would "donate" this software if the government would grant them future software contracts.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:01:06 PM EDT
[#4]
He'd give'em the software, but he'd put it to'em on the service and support agreements.  Also, think how many federal employees would now need to attend Oracle training...

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:33:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Because millions of Americans refuse to carry "YOUR PAPERS"????
View Quote

Unfortunately we already carry our papers. And although they don't prove citizenship, try getting around in life without them. At least in my daily life everyone is asking for my Social Security Number, when its none of their business. How did we let that happen? National ID is already in place. hmmm.....

*EDITED Because hooked on phonics worked for me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:53:50 PM EDT
[#6]
How would a piece of paper stop someone from committing crime or terrorist act?  That is the stupidest thing I've heard.  Just like have to fill out a 4473, a 5 day wait, or the NICs check will stop all felons from getting firearms.

The sheep of this country do not realize that they have already given up a lot of their freedoms in the name of security.  The so-called anti-terrorism bill was nothing more than legalizing all illegal actions that law enforcement agencies have been using.

Think I'm full of it?  Just look at oneshot's case.  Cuffed, taken down town, coereced, detained, pressured into a search of his home.... for what?  Because he was legally transporting a firearm?  If he had answered one question wrong, they could have detained as a "terrorist" and then who knows what kind of "search" powers the police could have had.  Most likely his computer and the first thing they check are the internet history files, which would have obviously pointed to AR15.com.  Making us out to be possible "terrorism suspects" giving the law enforcement agencies the "legal right" to monitor each and everyone one of us.

Today the people in Kabul are recjoicing at gaining freedom.  Today, people in the US are saddend at the loss of their freedom.  What's wrong with this picture?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Why not? Draft cards worked. Oh wait,....never mind.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:35:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why not? Draft cards worked. Oh wait,....never mind.
View Quote

LOL!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top