Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 2:09:15 PM EDT
well not directly, but in their closing segment called "Your Word" where they read email suggestions from viewers, they read a suggestions from an officer of the New Jersey State Police pushing for passage of the National CCW Reciprocity Bill and how it would provide America with thousands of experienced and trained people to protect them.

The simple fact that they chose to air that suggestion instead of some anti-gun BS, shows a huge change in the news media, or at least Fox.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:12:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Fox News has always been good about guns and is considered the more objective news network (labeled "conservative" by the rest). Hannity & Colmes used to be my favorite show...don't have Fox News with my current cable company though.
:(
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:19:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:36:32 PM EDT
[#3]
I wasn't aware there was an LEO only national CCW reciprocity bill out there.  No offence to LEO's but screw that.  If LEO's want to carry across the US they should be able to, but under the same law that allows citizens with CCW permits to carry.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:55:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Now I don't mean any disrespect to LEOs here, but I would be nervous about just LEOs having reciprocity. A good many LEOs don't know d!@k about good and safe weapons handling. This year at the range I shoot at, there have been 4 seperate incidents of AD, all of them by LEOs. One was a round fired during a cease fire, when the rangemaster explicitly commands everyone to back away from the tables/benches, and to not apporach any weapon, and leave them all with actions open until the next session begins. As folks are walking downrange to check and change targets......BLAM!!! Stupid sheriff deputy standing there holding a smoking pistol. "It just went off by itself" he says. Thank God nobody was hit. The other three were deputies firing because they had finger on trigger while not ready to fire. Ended up with one hole through the roof, and the other two rounds nobody knows.

Not really a good track record in my book. Now don't take that as LEO bashing, but I really think they are not necessarily qualified to carry just because they have a badge.

edited to change "MOST LEOs" to "A good many LEOs", because I know it's not most, but just a good many.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:07:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The bill you cited, IIRC, is for LEOS ONLY.  I don't support it because it doesn't pertain to non-LEO citizens.
If it passes, the LEOS will have less incentive to push for non-LEO reciprocal CCW.  
Be careful of the bills that cleverly split off one group of gunowners from the rest.  If it's OK for LEOs, it ought to be good for trained, licensed non-LEOs too.
View Quote

Amen and Amen!

When was the last time you heard of a regular citizen putting his Glock in the microwave and absent-mindedly starting it, bursting the rounds in the mag?

Cops are the LEAST qualified to carry, and display some of the most egregiously careless handing that has ever occurred. Some resulting in death or injury to others.

All or none.

D.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#6]
My cable company sucks!  They are switching to digital and I have not had fox news for over a week.  I forgot what it was like to be forced to watch the other crap.  I need to call tomorrow and find out when I get the new box.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#7]
We already have a national CCW law:
the second ammendment.

Right?

Right?

If the goverment would respect the law, this wouldn't be an issue.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:07:33 PM EDT
[#8]
It's called HB 218. It has over 200 co-sponsors. It has been around for almost 10 years in various forms. It usually gets a whole bunch of co sponsors and never gets voted on. In the past amendments have been attached that included civilian CCW permit holders. Again, no vote on the floor. If we adopted the tactics of the opposition, we would all support it. If we took every victory that we could and then built on those, we would be further along than saying " the second is all that we need." I agree that the 2nd amendment is the right to carry, but they don't, and they make the laws. Most LEO's would not back off on a civilian CCW reciprocity provision, even if they had one.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:11:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
We already have a national CCW law:
the second ammendment.

Right?

Right?

If the goverment would respect the law, this wouldn't be an issue.
View Quote

Sorry but that is not what the courts say.  The Supreme Court has ruled that the Second Amendment does not extend to carry concealed firearms.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:49:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Yeah, well how about "Vermont Style" the real kind of CCW?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:57:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I think that a Vermont style {no} CCW permit is attainable. We have to work to get there. We use stats from all the " must issue" States and take every small victory that we can get. The fact that the SC ruled that the 2nd amendment is not in place of a CCW permit is only a small road block. The Court has made a number of rulings, including on slavery, that were later overturned as obsolete or just plain wrong. Most anti gunners don't go straight to "hand over your guns'", like , say Fienstein, they use progressive actions, take small victories and build on them.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 10:30:43 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Yeah, well how about "Vermont Style" the real kind of CCW?
View Quote
thats what im for screw a CCW permit whats next a religion permit?
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 11:10:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Glock in the microwave??? What kind of Sh$% is that?
About the second ammendment...
I've heard that they are going to allow people with out of state drivers licenses to drive in other states........
I don't understand how you can get a CCW in one state, drive into another state (same person, same firearm) and get busted. It just make any damn sense. Imagine you had to take a driver's course in every state that you wanted to drive through?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top