Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 2:01:55 PM EDT
I am trying to hook up my dvd player to an NEC projector with s-video.  I select s-video and I get a rolling garbled image.  I just tested it with a 32 inch tv using the same player and cable and it works.  Please help!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:07:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you tried stepping down the resolution on the projector menu?  If so, or if you cannot adjust it...how about passing the signal through the TV and use an out put on the tv to feed the projector, just for shit's and giggles.  
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:09:55 PM EDT
[#2]
It won;t let me choose the resolution when using an s-video connection.  I also tried composite video but nothing at all with this.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmm  Shit.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#4]
CGN,
1  are you sure that your s-video cable is good?

2  are you sure that the dvd player (source) is out-putting a signal from the s-video jack?

3  (most likely) are you sure that the projector ready to display an image from the s-video (Y/C) input?  You may have to select that input for display.  You may have tell the projector to display at a non-PC resolution and frame rate.  You may have to cycle the projector off/on or un-plug it from AC power for  a few minutes, then power it on while already feeding it the s-video signal...it could auto-detect the signal at start-up.  

4  you could try to send it NTSC (standard composite video) and see if it will display that

good luck, Pepper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top