Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 4/7/2008 4:41:25 PM EDT
Let's hear all your buyers remorse stories when it comes to firearms. Given the nature of this forum, I'm sure there are plenty of them, as a result of impulse buys and the likes.

Mine would have to buy buying several cheaper firearms instead of saving up and not buying as much, and instead building once nice black rifle.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:43:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I have bought Hipoints, Oly Arms, etc.

Guess what, all worked fine, the snobbery is strong here.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Ive got 2 that I regret buying.  A Keltec p11 and an Astra A70, I bought both when i was a broke college student.  I have since given them to my sisters.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:46:13 PM EDT
[#3]
What is this remorse you speak of?

Nothing but pride and joy after every purchase
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

Sometimes it pays to be a snob.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Sometimes it pays to be a snob.

If by snob, you mean "way overthinking every purchase", then +1
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:50:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I bought a STI 1911 Trojan it was the worst piece of shit I ever owned. I will never buy a 1911 again.

Fuck JMB in the ass.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I put 2 Yugo M70 underfolders on layaway last week, now the supply of them seems to be dwindling....nope, no remorse here

I did have sellers remorse before though...I'll never sell another gun
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:51:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I bought a STI 1911 Trojan it was the worst piece of shit I ever owned. I will never buy a 1911 again.

Fuck JMB in the ass.

IBTL

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#9]
The only remorse I ever feel is from NOT buying firearms, ammo, mags, etc...
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
The Colt Commander .45 pistol.

Bought one about ten years ago.  Was all excited about owning the "legendary" Colt pistol.

Out of the box, the thing was a clam!  Loose.  Spongy.  A very poor impression of quality.  Now, I realize that for another thousand bucks or so I could have had all kinds of tweaking and custom work done on it that would make it a real "race gun," but I like pistols that work fine right out of the box - I'm just a fool like that I guess.

Traded it back at the gun shop on something else a month later, and took a bath on it.

I have never understood the 1911 crowd from that time on.  I guess if buying a gun for six or eight hundred bucks, only to have to spend another several hundred on it to "tune" it is your thing, then be my guest I suppose.

Me, not my cup of tea at all.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:51:52 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't call any of them "buyers remorse".

I am a bit dissapointed in the Springfield GI I bought, though. It runs fine *now* (well, sort of) after I dicked with it for a while, and threw some money at it.

As it turns out, I had no idea at the time how expensive it was to manufacture a 1911 properly. They're fine pistols, but it's hit or miss at less than $1,000. There's nothing wrong with that, but my expectations weren't set correctly.

As it stands right now, I've got around $600 into it (initial purchase price included) and it runs about 85%. The trigger sucks ass, so I'll need to remedy that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:52:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

I've researched every purchase well enough that I have never experienced buyers remorse, but felt sellers remorse more than I care to admit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:52:35 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

IBTB.  

-Ben
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:53:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I bought a Walther P99c and it was a piece of crap. Worst handgun I've ever fired. It just wouldn't group together vertically. I replaced it with a Sig 239 in 9x19 and can shoot one ragged hole at 10 yards all day. I love it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:53:23 PM EDT
[#15]

I dunno why I bought it, and I dunno why I SBR'd it. Now I'm stuck with it.

It does run 100% and looks hella cool. I'll give it that.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:53:37 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought a CAI CETME..... couldn't shoot a round without some sort of malfunction. Traded it for a CAI WASR-10 straight up, which I ended up loving dearly.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:54:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Let's hear all your buyers remorse stories when it comes to firearms. Given the nature of this forum, I'm sure there are plenty of them, as a result of impulse buys and the likes.

Mine would have to buy buying several cheaper firearms instead of saving up and not buying as much, and instead building once nice black rifle.

That's kinda what I did.  I wanted an AR but bought a Mini-14 because it was cheaper.  (This was many years ago.)
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

geez you buy a gun named after a condom what did you expect?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:55:28 PM EDT
[#19]
I've been fortunate in that regard...never had buyer's remorse.

Thankfully.....

HH
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#20]
I once traded a Glock 35 for a USP 9mm.  That was not a good idea, I should have bought the USP outright and kept the G35.  Oh the wasted years.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:56:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Eh, only think I regret buying is a davis .380. I need to go see if a gun shop will give me $20 for it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:56:58 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I don't regret any firearms purchases, because I don't impulse buy. I decide what I want and then I research my options, and the best way to go.

Knives on the other hand, they are harder to buy sight unseen, its hard to know what'll make a good EDC without having it in your hand... so I have a number of knives I'll never carry. Too big, or two heavy, lousy clip, etc. Then theres purchases that are impulse in-store that later you wonder why you bought that for... but I guess thats just how collections grow
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:58:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Desert eagles. I buy one & get sick of it, so I sell it. Then I start to miss it & buy another one.

Im on #8 right now. Its been sitting untouched in the box since the day I picked it up. I don't even know what compelled me to buy it
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#24]
It took me over a year to buld my first AR.

Now it's not good enough.

i wanted a noveske barrel and all the gucci gear.ect

AR's will drive  you crazy with BRD just enjoy what you got. Now that i have them all i honestly enjoy all of them equally it's just a case of greener on the other side.. except maybe the 44mag 3" barrel revolver that one is extra fun
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:02:15 PM EDT
[#25]
I've only had sellers remorse with guns.

I have however regretted a few scope purchases
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:03:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I bought a CAI CETME..... couldn't shoot a round without some sort of malfunction. Traded it for a CAI WASR-10 straight up, which I ended up loving dearly.

Thats the one thing that so far has left me with Not-Buying remorse.
A NIB CAI CETME for $350 at a gunshow.

I really hmm'd and haw'd and the urge to buy was strong.
Looking back I still don't know if I did a wise thing passing it up.
It was fairly cheap, it was new, but would it have run well? No idea.

Would it have been something I could have made to run well with some patience and effort, probably?
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:04:04 PM EDT
[#27]
Smith and Wesson Sigma 380
Worst POS I ever had the displeasure of owning, sold it within weeks after the first range trip
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:04:29 PM EDT
[#28]
the remorse is buying up guns you dont really like or want because hell, they are a store of value, then selling them for less than you paid cuz no one else really wants them either.

We should start a fund for neglected or abused guns.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:05:27 PM EDT
[#29]
2 Glocks (wanted to like them) and a CETME.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:05:43 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Century Cetme as well for me!  Mine worked, but grouped very bad. The lands were barely visible and the throat was seriously eroded.  It's the only firearm I've ever sold.

More than anything, I have accessory remorse.  I bought quite a few cheap scopes, and nearly all of them were junk.  I pretty much have to pay $300 at the very least for optics.  Most scopes under that price are just plain junk.  I wish I could bring myself to drop the coin on a S&B or US Optics.  Leupold Mark 4's are about as high as I can go.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:06:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Good thing with guns is they rarely lose much value. If you regret a purchase, you can always sell it without taking too much of a hit.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:07:50 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

I'm assuming you've died by now via lightning strike.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:13:21 PM EDT
[#33]
i got a vomz russian night vision scope....had to fabricate a mount to get it to mount on an ak dustcover.....vomz is russian for crap I figure....

"hey Ivan, hold my vodka I'll brb I gotta take a vomz"

or

"hey vasilli if you miss this shot i'll knock the ever lovin vomz outta you!"
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:16:42 PM EDT
[#34]
When I was buying my first FAL my dealer had 2 in the store on consignment for sale. The were both unfired and in mint condition. I bought the "G" series (no box) he had for $3,500 cash out the door. The other rifle was one of the FN heavy barrel match versions, not one of the NFA exempt ones but an early mint one. I could have had both but at that time I only had enough for the G. The other rifle was only $2,500. At the end of the month I had enough extra cash to buy the heavy barrel but it had sold.

It all good though, I got the MINT unfired G series for only $3,500!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:18:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Haven't experienced it yet
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:18:16 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

I'm assuming you've died by now via lightning strike.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:19:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Firestorm 1911......

I wanted a 1911 so bad, but didnt know anything about them. I thought that a $250 NIB 1911 would be great. It wasnt, and jammed pretty much every magazine.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
I've only had sellers remorse with guns.

+1

I haven't regretted a purchase nearly as much as I have regretted selling a piece.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

What the hell was wrong with it? Trojans are considered by many to be one of the best value 1911's there is. BTW I once owned a Century Cetme too, not a lick of trouble with it, just lube her up and work the action about 2,000 times before ever shooting one. Only gun I regret buying was a Sig P226 in .357Sig. Nothing wrong with the gun, tu-tone and beautiful and was a tackdriver. It was just after discovering what was possible with the 10mm Auto there was no use in having a gun in expensive .357 Sig.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:32:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't really regret any guns.  The ones I didn't like I sold.

Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:34:51 PM EDT
[#41]
A Davis .32. Slide actually popped off at the range one time.

Llama .45. The inside of the barrel was smoother than a schoolmarm's leg.

Hipoint .380. Poorly balanced P.O.S.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:34:55 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

BLASPHEMY!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:37:07 PM EDT
[#43]
I once bought a Mini 14 instead of just building a carbine length AR. Not to say the Mini didn't function, but its just not a substitute IMO...

The Mini turned into a safe queen, so it got sold to finance other gun projects....
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:39:41 PM EDT
[#44]
A century Garand. After 200 rounds the barrel unscrewed from the receiver. My future plan for it is to clean the wood up, hollow the stock out and strip it of as much wieght as possible. Then use it in a shadow box for my great uncle that fought in WWII and didnt have any children to remember him.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:40:13 PM EDT
[#45]
A Ruger "pre-ban" I bought right after the ban. I bought it on for a premium ($700) on layaway but never really liked it.

I could have bought an AR for only $200 more.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:41:24 PM EDT
[#46]
Sistema Colt

Glad to see all the 1911 hate in this thread, keeps me from buying another.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:48:37 PM EDT
[#47]
There’s only one firearm I’ve ever bought on impulse.

My mother was buying a GP100 for someone as a gift and wanted me to go along to make sure she got the right thing. So that’s what I did. And while we were in the store a clerk asked me if I wanted to look at anything. I asked about the price of a lever action rifle (.45 Colt Winchester 94) Instead of just telling me the price the guy had to take it down and hand it to me.

For $350 or so I thought it was a pretty good deal, but I didn’t really need a lever action rifle in .45 Colt right then. It was something I wanted eventually, probably, and I said something like “I’ll have to get me one someday.”

Then my mother spoke up and said, “You’ve got the money. Why don’t you go ahead and get it now. You never know when you’ll have the money again.” Faced with that bit of twisted financial logic I was forced into buying it.

I don’t regret buying it. It’s a nice rifle and a lot of fun to shoot. And I did want one (or more) eventually anyway. Plus it makes me one of the few men who has ever been talked into buying a rifle by their mother.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Fuck JMB in the ass.

I'll give you $50 for it.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:54:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a Kimber Pro TLE II that I have never been able to get more than 3 rounds through without a failure.  I have used several different mag, Wilson, Chip McCormick, even old GI issue.  Sent back to Kimber 3 times and they still can't make it work.
Link Posted: 4/7/2008 5:56:11 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

+1, I love all of my children equally.  Well, except for that bastard CETME .308 that I sold after owning for a few months!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top