Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2001 10:23:59 AM EDT
My brother mailed via USPS a money order to a local FFL on 10/31.  The FFL says the money order never arrived.  The amount isn't much but my brother is ticked.  He tracked it a bit and found out it was cashed on the 6th.  BTW, it is a Wash. Mutual money order (at least he purchased it there using funds diverted from his account).  He ordered a copy of this cashed money order but it's going to take over a week to send to him.

What can he do?  I don't ever use money orders so I have no clue.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:26:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:59:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, passed on.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:05:45 AM EDT
[#3]
U.S. Postal Money Orders are good for this kinda thing. they are really helpful everytime some one tries to pull a trick on me.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:57:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Tell your brother to go to the PO he bought it from, ask them to track it, and file a complaint...it's mail fraud AND it's a federal crime...the local postmaster should take care of it...that's the nice thing about PMO's...the post office will eventually catch up with you...or you will never get your mail again...it's not like a 7-11 MO...they don't really  care...USPS does...Good luck man...ch
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top