Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/13/2001 9:08:09 AM EDT
[img]http://www.ruby-ridge.com/miami.jpg[/img]

whats his name?
is he still a fed?
how does he live with himself?(edited to ad that I should of known I was stiring a hornets nest with this comment)

ETC.... any info please
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:12:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Why should he have difficulty living with himself? If people were keeping your son from you and vowed to fight to keep him, would you want help getting him back? Why shouldn't he still be a Fed.?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:15:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Live with himself?  He probably got a promotion and a commendation.

"Come on kid, we let people overstay their visa's and plot against us, but your butt's goin' back to Cuba!"

I still find what happened unbelievable!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:18:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Why should he have difficulty living with himself? If people were keeping your son from you and vowed to fight to keep him, would you want help getting him back? Why shouldn't he still be a Fed.?
View Quote

I didnt say he shouldnt be a fed I just asked if he was, and in the moment he saw the boy like that shouldnt he have lowered his weapon. no threat and you can bring it quickly to ready if you need it.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Live with himself?  He probably got a promotion and a commendation.

"Come on kid, we let people overstay their visa's and plot against us, but your butt's goin' back to Cuba!"

I still find what happened unbelievable!
View Quote

Really the nerve of that guy actually going into that house to get that Elian just so he can go back to his home and his father. What is the world coming to that your crazy uncle can't keep you in a closet with total stranger.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:23:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

whats his name?
is he still a fed?
how does he live with himself?
ETC.... any info please
View Quote

As I recall, the press was not allowed his name, and he did not volunteer it at the seizure of Elian.

He probably just tells people, "Hey- I was just following orders", and then goes home to drink himself into insouciance, in an attempt to wash away his feelings of guilt.

Reminds me of a lot of Germans I knew growing up in Germany. We had one old guy who lived upstairs from us who had been a guard in a POW camp (or so I was told) who used to pound his wall and cry every night. Change his uniform to a black one with lightning flashes on his lapels, and it puts it all in perspective, doesn't it?

"The most difficult struggle of all is the one within ourselves.  Let
us not get accustomed and adjusted to these conditions.  The one who
adjusts ceases to discriminate between good and evil.  He becomes a
slave in body and soul.  Whatever may happen to you, remember always:
Don't adjust!  Revolt against the reality!"

Mordechai Anielewicz, Warsaw, 1943

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Looks a lot like John Rocker with a mustache!

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:25:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:31:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

I didnt say he shouldnt be a fed I just asked if he was, and in the moment he saw the boy like that shouldnt he have lowered his weapon. no threat and you can bring it quickly to ready if you need it.
View Quote

how do you know he didn't??  these schmucks had reporters all over their house and were in effect kidnapping that boy. his Mom was dead, (truly sorry about that) but his Dad was alive and well... the family of HERS had no right to hold that boy from his Father.  Be it he lived in Cuba or not.

That agent opened the door, a media photographer took the picture and made it famous... a "snapshot" of a MOMENT in time.

No_Expert
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#9]
If he was smart, he would have just shot the reporter. [}:D]

As a father, I feel that Elian belonged with his closest living relative, which was his father.  I think his dissident relatives here may have started with the best intentions, but it got political against Castro/Cuba quickly.  In my mind, it ended as it should, with Elian home with his father.  It's a shame that the tactics that were used had to be deployed, but it's not like the feds didn't give his relatives enough time to hand him over.  His relatives are damn lucky they didn't get charged with kidnapping.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:09:22 AM EDT
[#10]
The law was clear on this issue.  In Florida, the father has custody of the child when the mother is dead, unless custody has been revoked due to a conviction for child abuse.  That is state law.  It is irrelevant whether he is a citizen or not.   What if a French couple come to America and the mother divorces the father here, and then the mother's cousins tried to keep the child? It would be absurd.

I don't like Communism, but YOU are a communist if you want the state meddling in the upbringing of a child by his parents.  Children belong with their parents. If their parents are are Communist in Cuba, then so be it.

Now that does not mean that this incident was handled properly. I am not sure that it was.  It seems absurd to me to send a SWAT team into the house with sub-machine guns.  I don't think that was necessary (at least not yet).  It made the situation much worst and IMHO endangered the lives of the innocent for no reason.  At the very least they should have obtained a court order for the child and demanded that he be handed over first.

-SS
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:30:23 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Really the nerve of that guy actually going into that house to get that Elian just so he can go back to his home and his father. What is the world coming to that your crazy uncle can't keep you in a closet with total stranger.
View Quote

I suppose that the mother trying to bring him into the the US to escape Cuba has nothing to do with your statement.  

Sorry kid, mommy died on the way over, so daddy gets you back.  Mommy was a counter-revolutionary idealist anyway.

I agree that being raised by parents is best, but I take it on a case by case basis when the sole remaining parent lives in an impoverished communist dictatorship.

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:33:24 AM EDT
[#12]
That photo made $500,000 in fees the FIRST day.  There were a total of 4 digital frames exposed.  He makes direct eye contact with the camera in the next one after the famous image.

Associated Press photographer Alan Diaz was camped outside the house, and ran in just ahead of the Gestapo..err, INS "Special Response Team".

P389-->[img]http://www.stopstart.fsnet.co.uk/smilie/spotter.gif[/img]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:33:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:43:44 AM EDT
[#14]
That guy has a great job, now.  Think about it the INSDetention/Extraction Unit is on the cutting edge of the war against terrorism.  
Oh yeah, I'm sorry, Jack Booted Thug blah, blah, blah....
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:51:43 AM EDT
[#15]
The extraction unit in question is a Coast Guard response team.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:03:14 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

What he said!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:57:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:05:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your a damn fool!

You don't deserve a son if you would damn him to live in communism.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:11:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The law was clear on this issue.  In Florida, the father has custody of the child when the mother is dead, unless custody has been revoked due to a conviction for child abuse.  That is state law.  It is irrelevant whether he is a citizen or not.   What if a French couple come to America and the mother divorces the father here, and then the mother's cousins tried to keep the child? It would be absurd.

I don't like Communism, but YOU are a communist if you want the state meddling in the upbringing of a child by his parents.  Children belong with their parents. If their parents are are Communist in Cuba, then so be it.

Now that does not mean that this incident was handled properly. I am not sure that it was.  It seems absurd to me to send a SWAT team into the house with sub-machine guns.  I don't think that was necessary (at least not yet).  It made the situation much worst and IMHO endangered the lives of the innocent for no reason.  At the very least they should have obtained a court order for the child and demanded that he be handed over first.

-SS
View Quote

O-look! one more fool I did not see!

You guys are a sorry bunch if you will set there and tell me that it's good to send a kid to live in a place people DIE to get out of.

And you know jack about the law in Fl.
What thw law really says is a Cuban that make it to shore and is on US land is granted immunity.
If you look at that pic it's very easy to see HE MADE IT!

But you know how it is,I gess Castro had a budy in side.
You guys really have his back to this day,tell us about how Waco was for the kids now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top