Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 3:43:58 PM EDT
Quoted:
Quoted:
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
Feline are not vermin, as pointed out earlier.  If the snake was in the wild and it caught a wild cat, that is one thing, but feeding a friggin snake a cat/kitten that has been domesticated is not cool, nor is it ethically right.  The snake did not catch the kitten, it was hand fed.

JRB
View Quote

Cats are vermin! They multiply as well as rabbits. So a domestic rabbit is ok to feed to the snake,. but not the cat?  What are you some kind of hipocrite democrat?

This is the same kind of feel good shit we spend so much time fighting.... cus now it's not so warm and fuzzy to you it's a problem.

No more hamburgers for you   thats a domesticated animal.
View Quote

I consider people like you and realist vermin also.  Would that make it OK to feed you to the lions.

Hopefully your not passing your DNA to any offspring.

Realist is lucky he's still breathing.  All my cats stay indoors, but if one happened to get out and anyone messed with it, they'd get a dose of their own medicine.
View Quote

You clearly are part of the warm fuzzy people problem. I have cats, dogs, and a child. I don't feed them to snakes or even like snakes.
Maybe I missed somthing but I don't recall this guy capturing anybodies pet to feed to the snake.    

What I said was what the hell makes cats better than bunnies? You are just to friggin blinded by emotion to see it. Are you a democrat?

Your response seems to be emotionaly based so I have to wonder.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Let's see...

Quoted:
They better come arrest my ass too... I owned a 14 foot reticulated python and his monthly meal was a full size rabbit... [b]when I couldn't get a rabbit, the neighborhood cats worked just fine.. and yes... we fed them alive, trimming their claws first...[/b]The rabbits used to scream like a baby... we'd have feeding parties and some friends had to walk out the room from the baby sounding screams....
View Quote

Did you read it that time?  Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but the term neighborhood cats doesn't make me think of feral cats.

Are cats better than bunnies?  I guess that all depends on who the "owner" of said cats and bunnies is.  You (figuratively) feed mine to a snake, and I'll show you (again, figuratively) what an evil bastard I can be.  My cats are generally indoor pets, but they do spend some time outdoors in the back yard.  They're always collared and they're always well taken care of.  Sometimes they run off, but that doesn't give anyone the right to hurt them or feed them to their pet snake.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:28:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Are cats better than bunnies?  I guess that all depends on who the "owner" of said cats and bunnies is.  You (figuratively) feed mine to a snake, and I'll show you (again, figuratively) what an evil bastard I can be.  My cats are generally indoor pets, but they do spend some time outdoors in the back yard.  They're always collared and they're always well taken care of.  Sometimes they run off, but that doesn't give anyone the right to hurt them or feed them to their pet snake.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

A cat, with or without tags, that goes around seeing realist's chickens or live stock or whatever should be killed. They are his livestock on his property and the neighborhood cats that go on his property to eat one of his animals should DIE wether it be death by snake or death by the property owner!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:44:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Let's see...

Quoted:
They better come arrest my ass too... I owned a 14 foot reticulated python and his monthly meal was a full size rabbit... [b]when I couldn't get a rabbit, the neighborhood cats worked just fine.. and yes... we fed them alive, trimming their claws first...[/b]The rabbits used to scream like a baby... we'd have feeding parties and some friends had to walk out the room from the baby sounding screams....
View Quote

Did you read it that time?  Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions, but the term neighborhood cats doesn't make me think of feral cats.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

yes, your jumping to conclusion. Did I mention realist at all? None of that was contained in my post, which was a coment on a direct quote.  I was very specific in my point, on the original post about a pet store owner using a cat as snake food. I never comented on the absconding with a neighbors pet. I do not condone the killing of family pets.

As I said, I believe the impresion of me is wrong. I may be an asshole but I won't kill your cat cause it shit in my yard.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:47:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
A cat, with or without tags, that goes around seeing realist's chickens or live stock or whatever should be killed. They are his livestock on his property and the neighborhood cats that go on his property to eat one of his animals should DIE wether it be death by snake or death by the property owner!!!!!
View Quote

That goes around "seeing" his livestock?  So they can't even look at them?  ARE YOU HIGH?!  Is there something in that California water?

What makes you think, given my stance, that I don't believe in his right to protect his property?  Did I say he didn't have that right while I did?  No, I didn't.  But you want to chase off a cat?  It doesn't take anything more than a water gun.  That's how I've altered all of my cats' bad behaviors.

Furthermore, I've raised chickens, cattle, and pigs, and house cats were never much of a threat to a full-grown chicken.  Our neighbors across the street fed every stray cat that came through, and we NEVER lost a single chicken, newborn or otherwise, to one of those cats.  And our fence that kept the chickens in wasn't a cyclone fence or chicken wire.  It was the 4"x2" wire fence, with holes ANY cat could squeese through if it wanted to.  Hell, I've seen cats that tried to get at our chickens get their eyes pecked out by an adult chicken, so don't hand me that crap, city boy, because I know more about raising livestock first hand than you've ever read about.  Chickens are not exactly defenseless animals, unless they are facing oversized predators.  Now, a fox (rare in my neck of the woods) or a chicken hawk is much more dangerous, and generally not a domesticated house pet.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:49:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

That goes around "seeing" his livestock?  So they can't even look at them?  ARE YOU HIGH?!  Is there something in that California water?

What makes you think, given my stance, that I don't believe in his right to protect his property?  Did I say he didn't have that right while I did?  No, I didn't.  But you want to chase off a cat?  It doesn't take anything more than a water gun.  That's how I've altered all of my cats' bad behaviors.

Furthermore, I've raised chickens, cattle, and pigs, and house cats were never much of a threat to a full-grown chicken.  Our neighbors across the street fed every stray cat that came through, and we NEVER lost a single chicken, newborn or otherwise, to one of those cats.  And our fence that kept the chickens in wasn't a cyclone fence or chicken wire.  It was the 4"x2" wire fence, with holes ANY cat could squeese through if it wanted to.  Hell, I've seen cats that tried to get at our chickens get their eyes pecked out by an adult chicken, so don't hand me that crap, city boy, because I know more about raising livestock first hand than you've ever read about.  Chickens are not exactly defenseless animals, unless they are facing oversized predators.  Now, a fox (rare in my neck of the woods) or a chicken hawk is much more dangerous, and generally not a domesticated house pet.

God Bless Texas
View Quote

ok one more time for the slow ones....
'

did I say or coment on any of that?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
yes, your jumping to conclusion. Did I mention realist at all? None of that was contained in my post, which was a coment on a direct quote.  I was very specific in my point, on the original post about a pet store owner using a cat as snake food. I never comented on the absconding with a neighbors pet. I do not condone the killing of family pets.

As I said, I believe the impresion of me is wrong. I may be an asshole but I won't kill your cat cause it shit in my yard.
View Quote

That entire section did contain references to realist, whom I was commenting on.  What he did was/is sick, as he DID say he fed his snake neighborhood cats.  I could cares less what the pet store owner did.  Legally, both the snake and the kitten where his property, and while what he did does fall under Kentucky's animal cruelty laws, it's up to a judge and jury to determine if what he did was illegal or not.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:06:32 PM EDT
[#7]
it's my thread not his   take it to e-mail... you take it to e-mail.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:08:29 PM EDT
[#8]
This is why all cat and bunny owners should get rid of them and get a real pet, a Dachshund.  If your a single guy, get yourself a Dachshund and take it to a park or beach where lots of chicks hang out and you'll never have to worry about an opening line.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Make me. [}:D]  The wonderful thing about [B]PUBLIC FORUMS[/b] is that they're open to anyone.  They're not yours, and once you start a topic then anyone can post.  If you don't like it, then tough, because that's the point of [b]PUBLIC FORUMS[/b].

Have a nice day!

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:11:42 PM EDT
[#10]
It is a great thing..

Heres to thumin my nose at ya

[bounce]

cus my spellin REALY suks
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:17:03 PM EDT
[#11]
As an ex-girlfriend used to say "BOUNCY!  BOUNCY!  BOUNCY!"  [:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#12]
I love cats, they taste just like chicken...

[}:D]

Could not resist.......
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:20:55 PM EDT
[#13]
I have been following this conversation and I have to say I agree with God Bless Texas. You are one phucked up pcs sh&^. If you were my neighbor and I knew you fed my cat to your worthless snake you would have a serious problem on your hand. You are going to kill the wrong mans kids cat and be found rolled up in a rug somewhere. Keep up the good work.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:32:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Dale007...  rug you...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:16:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I love cats, they taste just like chicken...

[}:D]

Could not resist.......
View Quote

Cats are off limits. I like 'em.

But kids? Hey - kids are always fair game. Tender too. [}:D]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:24:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Bunnies, kitties, snakes????????

They are all great pets...........................

[size=5][b][red]FOR ME TO POOP ON!!!![/red][/b][/size=5]
[img]http://aol.eonline.com/News/Photos/t/triumph.dog.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:34:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have been following this conversation and I have to say I agree with God Bless Texas. You are one phucked up pcs sh&^. If you were my neighbor and I knew you fed my cat to your worthless snake you would have a serious problem on your hand. You are going to kill the wrong mans kids cat and be found rolled up in a rug somewhere. Keep up the good work.
View Quote

no, you haven't been following this thread. If you had you wouldn't have said that. I have not been defending feeding any snake a neighbors cat. As a matter of fact I balieve I covered that specifically.

go back and read it again.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:41:08 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
If you were my neighbor and I knew you fed my cat to your worthless snake you would have a serious problem on your hand. You are going to kill the wrong mans kids cat and be found rolled up in a rug somewhere. Keep up the good work.
View Quote

If I were your neighbor, you wound not be so tough. Cmon, putun up! Right now tough guy!@

My neighbors have nothing to fear from me, and they know it. I'm keeping an eye on them and there places. They all know it. That includes pets, plants, mail etc... I am, a good neighbor to have. All I ask is they are good neighbors in return. I find myself strangly amused and insulted.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:52:10 PM EDT
[#20]
If your piece of s#!t cat comes over to my place and climbs all over my cars trying to get the sparrows under my house and leaves scratches on my vette or mustang or miata, then I will gladly grap him (or her) by the neck and shove him down the throat of the nearest python, dog, or whatever the hell else I have. And if I see your little furry friend walking through my yard at 3:00 AM causing the neighbor's dog to bark and wake me up then I'll gladly plant a .22 pellet in his furry little ass.

People who let their cats run loose in the neighborhood should not expect to see them again. They are little predators who go snooping around and scratch and crap and whatever else their little animalistic urges make them do. If they just walk around and look at things then no problem. Otherwise they are just little furry targets on my lawn.

If you want them to live long and healthy lives then keep them the hell outta my yard. And if I terminate their ass on my property and then you think that you have a problem with me then you do whatever the hell you want.

Okay, now dogs are a different subject. One of them would have to be rabid and chewing on a baby before I'd kill it. Or something like that.

Cats are furry little animals who would eat you if they were big enough, right after they figured out that you aren't a cat and they aren't a human. They aren't loyal or have any feelings for humans. They just tollerate your ass cause they don't want to have to train another human to kiss their ass. I can't believe people get so attached to them. They aren't worth it.

I feel much better now.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#21]
[img]www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/uglycat.jpg[/img]

I AINT SKEERED OF NO SNAKES
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:55:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[img]www.somethingawful.com/cliff/ihateyou/uglycat.jpg[/img]

I AINT SKEERED OF NO SNAKES
View Quote

LOL!

OK, what are you REEALLY doin to that cat?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 3:40:50 AM EDT
[#23]
Looks like this might turn into a hair pulling,bra tugging,slapfest! You called the other girl a DEMOCRAP![whacko]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:01:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Looks like this might turn into a hair pulling,bra tugging,slapfest! You called the other girl a DEMOCRAP![whacko]
View Quote

You bet it could be a slapfest! I have been called a piece o shit by someone that don't even know me. That tends to get my paties in a bunch.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:26:20 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

That tends to get my paties in a bunch.
View Quote

Damn dude!  That sounds terrible.  
[i]I don't even know what that means![/i]

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

You clearly are part of the warm fuzzy people problem. I have cats, dogs, and a child. I don't feed them to snakes or even like snakes.
Maybe I missed somthing but I don't recall this guy capturing anybodies pet to feed to the snake.    

What I said was what the hell makes cats better than bunnies? You are just to friggin blinded by emotion to see it. Are you a democrat?

Your response seems to be emotionaly based so I have to wonder.
View Quote

I apologize if I misread you.  But realist did infer he was catching the neighbors pet and feeding them to the snake.  You appear to be supporting him.

Personally, I think anybody that keeps a python and feed live mammals to it is a disgusting person, whether it be bunnies, cats, dogs, whatever.

And no, I'm not a Democrat.  I just happen to like animals.  I don't hunt, but also do not denegrate anybody that does.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:52:41 AM EDT
[#27]
I know this may sound a little crazy....

...but, how about the next time the neighbor's cat, dog or rabbit gets loose, you just give him a call and tell him to come get his pet.
That's what I'd do.
It seems that the feeding of a neighbor's pet to your Python might be a bit of an over-reaction.
I could be wrong, though.
It sure sounds like you're being terrorized by all these kitties and bunnies....
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 10:55:01 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I know this may sound a little crazy....

...but, how about the next time the neighbor's cat, dog or rabbit gets loose, you just give him a call and tell him to come get his pet.
That's what I'd do.
It seems that the feeding of a neighbor's pet to your Python might be a bit of an over-reaction.
View Quote

Especially if you're like me, and would first
have to go out and [i]buy[/i] a python!

[:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:50:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Okay, I'll give in a little to you guys who think that it's wrong to feed someone else's pet to a snake. That would hurt their feelings or something. Hmmm,,, oh well.

But if I were to buy a kitten at the local pet store or I had my own then what's the problem with feeding him to a snake? It's my cat and my snake. It's my choice who is dinner and who is dining [:D]

A cat is no better an animal than the mice and rats that you are comfortable with the snakes eating. If you believe that there is a difference just cause you choose to have a cat for a pet and cause they are so cute and cudley and such,,, and a rat isn't as special cause he is ugly and should then be treated differently,,, they you are no different than the fool who think that AWs and SAs should be illegalized cause they are ugly and scary. You're just talking about animals instead of guns now. What are you, closet democrats??? [:D]

Myself, I think that dogs are special, but not cause they are cute or cudley,,, because they are loyal and trustworthy. When was the last time you saw a bomb-sniffing cat, or a seeing eye cat, or a bird-cat, or a feline retriever, or anything else useful other than looking at you like you are an idiot or playing with invisible insects. Cats are just rats with a "c".

Now go feed a snake with a rat or a cat.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:57:52 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Myself, I think that dogs are special, but not cause they are cute or cudley,,, because they are loyal and trustworthy. When was the last time you saw a bomb-sniffing cat, or a seeing eye cat, or a bird-cat, or a feline retriever, or anything else useful other than looking at you like you are an idiot or playing with invisible insects. Cats are just rats with a "c".

View Quote

People like dogs more than cats because it gives them a god complex - the dogs worship them.  Cats are too intelligent to fawn all over people.  They know they can fend for themselves.

People that don't like cats were probably rats in a prior life.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:06:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Ask any vet (animal Doctor, not former soldier)
and they will tell you that one of the most cruel things a person can do to the cat and/or dog population is let them roam free. It can cause disease to spread, unwanted pregnancies, cars to hit em....etc....

I once had a vet neighbor. If he saw an uncollared pet wandering the neighborhood for more than a couple of days. He took them to his office and euthanized them. Don't think any snakes were involved though.

I asked him if the majority were cats or dogs, he said about 75% were cats as people let em roam and they go out and knock each other up.

I agree with the guy who said get a dachshund!

Cheers
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:06:09 PM EDT
[#32]
I love my dog, but I only like my cat.
When my house caught on fire, I took the dog and left the cat -sorry kitty.
HOWEVER, if you kill my dog OR my cat, I'm gonna make you cry like a baby.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:30:36 PM EDT
[#33]
"People like dogs more than cats because it gives them a god complex - the dogs worship them. Cats are too intelligent to fawn all over people. They know they can fend for themselves.
People that don't like cats were probably rats in a prior life." Posted by Houston

That is just stupid. You haven't said anything with any substance to it. Just fluff. Symbology over substance. Just like Rush says about democrats. Come on out of the closet. You will feel much better.

Cats are 10,000 years behind dogs on the domestication scale. That's why they don't give a rats ass about you. If they were big enough they would eat you. There is no love for you or loyalty either. If my respect of a pet is based on its loyalty and trust, so be it. If you want to call that a God complex then you are either simple-minded or just want to confuse the issues.

People train dogs. Cats train people. You sound like one of the trained. Now go clean up your kitty litter and feed your master [:D]

You are looking for a relationship where someone else is crappy to you and then you get to feel special when they are finally nice to you once in a blue moon. How pathetic. I hope you don't marry someone like that (or didn't). That would be very unhealthy. You'd probably get old and bitter and end up on internet forums whining about your pets and other problems of the world. Oops, too late.

And you like animals. You must be a vegitarian. Another sign of a closet democrat.

Hey, I gotta stop here and now. I'm getting a little carried away with all this. You're probably a republican and pretty good all around guy. Sometimes I just get on one side of a discussion and get a little carried away.

Now I gotta go check my cat trap. I feel like stir fry for dinner tonight. [:D]
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:43:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Houston sounds like DeNiro's character in "Meet the Parents".  A warped, paranoid fool.  
Having met BigMac, I'd say he's a pretty nice guy.  Who makes a mean tritip.  I seriously doubt that BigMac supports the random trapping of animals for feeding to his pets.  
As for animals running stray, I throw pieces of bark at the varmints in my yard to scare them off.  If they're back a third time, I graduate to rocks. Haven't had one come back a fourth time yet.  And before you get huffy, no, not all of them have tags, and no, I have no idea whose pets they are, since my close neighbors don't have cats.  So I can't call their owners.  

Of course, this would be a non-issue if people would simply care for their pets in a decent manner.
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 1:45:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
"People like dogs more than cats because it gives them a god complex - the dogs worship them. Cats are too intelligent to fawn all over people. They know they can fend for themselves.
People that don't like cats were probably rats in a prior life." Posted by Houston

That is just stupid. You haven't said anything with any substance to it. Just fluff. Symbology over substance. Just like Rush says about democrats. Come on out of the closet. You will feel much better.

You have any substance here?  I don't see any.   By the way, I like dogs, I just appreciate cats more.

Cats are 10,000 years behind dogs on the domestication scale. That's why they don't give a rats ass about you. If they were big enough they would eat you. There is no love for you or loyalty either. If my respect of a pet is based on its loyalty and trust, so be it. If you want to call that a God complex then you are either simple-minded or just want to confuse the issues.

I'm not sure being more domesticated is a good thing.  Steers are domesticated and they get eaten regulary.

People train dogs. Cats train people. You sound like one of the trained. Now go clean up your kitty litter and feed your master [:D]

You are looking for a relationship where someone else is crappy to you and then you get to feel special when they are finally nice to you once in a blue moon. How pathetic. I hope you don't marry someone like that (or didn't). That would be very unhealthy. You'd probably get old and bitter and end up on internet forums whining about your pets and other problems of the world. Oops, too late.

My cats are nice to me all the time, they just don't feel the need to drool all over me.

And you like animals. You must be a vegitarian. Another sign of a closet democrat.

That would be vegetarian.  And no I'm not one.

Hey, I gotta stop here and now. I'm getting a little carried away with all this. You're probably a republican and pretty good all around guy. Sometimes I just get on one side of a discussion and get a little carried away.

Yes, I'm a die hard Republican.  Liberals are the scum of the earth.  I just appreciate felines, as well as all animals,  and don't like people that mistreat them.

Now I gotta go check my cat trap. I feel like stir fry for dinner tonight. [:D]
View Quote
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 5:30:13 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

People like dogs more than cats because it gives them a god complex - the dogs worship them.  Cats are too intelligent to fawn all over people.  They know they can fend for themselves.

People that don't like cats were probably rats in a prior life.
View Quote

Actually, I really like cats. I have had a cat for 8 years. The funny thing is I hate kittens. I love puppies, but kittens are best kept away from me.

I never really noticed realists comment untill GodBlessTexas pointed out his comment. I was commenting on the pet store owner. Even then, my point is I don't see how its any more cruel to feed a snake a cat than a rabbit. The lame examples using children are simply sick.

I don't agree on realists view of things. I spend alot of time getting stuff to come into my yard. I do chase off the stray cats... not the neighbors cats. I also chase off possums and coons..... without feeding them to a snake. I tend more toward sfoo's plan... one pump on the pellet gun..... two pumps on the pellet gun...

Thanks for giving me the opertunety to explain im not a cat stealing POS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top