Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 1:26:08 PM EDT
I've been talking to a guy about the Texas State Guard and was wondering if anybody here knows anything about it. It sounds like a good way to help people out and do my part in disaster relief efforts. Anybody know anything about it? Likes/dislikes, I'll listen to anything.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:04:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Actually, the Texas State Guard is different than the Army Reserve National Guard. The way it was explained to me is that they are mainly used to help out in disaster relief and local emergencies. It is a state force only though they work in conjunction with the National Guard.

During wartime they can be called up by the governor to help fill in the ranks of the National Guard, but are only used in in-state missions.

The local unit to me is an MP unit. Anybody have any experience with this stuff? I'd never heard of it until the other day when I was surfing the web and found their site. It's kind of hard to get any specific information from it because most of the links go directly to the National Guard web site.

Michael
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:34:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Go to:

[url]http://www.sgaus.org/states.htm[/url]

You will find that only 25 of the states have a state guard separate from the National Guard. Hopefully, this website will help you get some needed info.

By the way, I serve in the New York State Guard as an MP.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:56:59 PM EDT
[#3]
NY State has a "NY State" Guard as well. Fullfills the same roll as the Texas one.
BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top