Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 12:52:06 PM EDT
Wondering if you all been looking at this stock, and where's you all think its going. The options look really neat on it.  

Here is a profile of them.
c-rock

Alliant Techsystems conducts its business through  three business groups: Conventional Munitions, Defense  Systems and Aerospace. For the 6 months ended 9/30/01,  revenues rose 52% to $822.8M. Net income from cont. ops.  and before extra. item increased 20% to $37.3M. Revenues  reflect the acquisition of Thiokol Propulsion Operations.  Higher income was partially offset by increased SG&A  expenses and higher interest expenses.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I did not know it split.  
Its been in the 80's this past month.  You must be happy if you got it a while back.  
Check out the options, some neat pricing for 90 calls and even 95 calls.  Could pick up a quick grand for one till May.  One for Feb looks good.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#3]
They have ops out here in SLC. I know a chem engineer that works for them. Good business. Take a look at recent 10-Q's and 10-K's (at the edgar site) along with any write ups in the biz press. Anything has to be better than moron, I mean enron!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
They have ops out here in SLC. I know a chem engineer that works for them. Good business. Take a look at recent 10-Q's and 10-K's (at the edgar site) along with any write ups in the biz press. Anything has to be better than moron, I mean enron!
View Quote

Funny you are speaking about enron. I jumped in on that at $7.30, then they did the annoucement for dyngery.  
Did ok there, rolled a option out on that for $10 call.
c-rock
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:42:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Hell, I thought you were talking about this kind of ATK...

[img]http://www.onthepipe.com/big605_end.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:17:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Alliant is also in the process of purchasing Federal ammunition... for what it is worth.
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 3:43:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:01:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
View Quote

Funny you are speaking about enron. I jumped in on that at $7.30, then they did the annoucement for dyngery.  
Did ok there, rolled a option out on that for $10 call.
c-rock
View Quote

Want to hear something even funnier?  My Enron options strike price was $89.00, from Dec. 29 of last year.  However, I was laid off before the six month vesting period.  Not that it matters, as they'd be worthless now anyway.  I had a co-worker who pumped all of his 401k money into Enron stock, and I'm sure he's kicking himself right now.  At one point, at it's highest, he had well over $30k in their stock.  I sure hope he cashed out before it sank too low.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/14/2001 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#9]
All that is good and everything for ATK

Here is a little history. ATK was born when HoneyWell spun off its Marine and Defense Systems Group in 1990.  It purchased Hercules AeroSpace in 1995 and Thoikol Propulsion recently. They make a number of Defense related Gadgets. But they seem to be putting themselves in the position of being able to help put America in space even further.  Their Primary government contracts are with Nasa and the US Air Force.  They have $50,000,000 dollars in liquidity and good sales they are a strong company it seems but their industry in the last three months is down (an average of three companies in the same field puts them down %18 over the same period last year???), however that will reverse when Military supplies of munitions (almost every type) starts dwindling. They have a 3 month backorder and A good solid footing.   They seem to be in a strong position for Nasa operations over the next 10 years<<
Benjamin
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 1:47:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Iam with Noname on this , I'll take a 500 enduro PLEASE!!![beer]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top