Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2001 4:41:31 AM EDT
When I was 16, a couple of friends and I got into some trouble with the law.  We were placed on "Concent Decree Probation" instead of being formally charged infront of a court.  We completed probation without incident. I am now 26 and have since purchased 2 rifles and passed a background check for employment.  I was wondering if anyone can tell me if I will have problems being issued a CCW permit in PA.  Supposedly with concent decree probation my juvenile record was to be sealed or expunged when I turned 18.  I'm not sure if this was to happen automatically or whether I had to do something to seal it.  Its been a while and I can't remember the specifics.  I hope the stupidity of being a teenager does not haunt me now.  I haven't even been close to being in trouble with the law since that (except a speeding ticket).  I would appreciate any opinions.

AR_Shorty
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:45:58 AM EDT
[#1]
A lawyer may be needed to fully answer those questions. What were you charged with? Misdemeanor or Felony? Misd. Shouldn't matter. Felony may be more difficult. But was there ever a conviction entered?? You can get arrested for 1,000,000 felonies, what matters is how many convictions. Juvenile law varies from state to state. Some are sealed, relatively tight, some are sealed -not. Expunged may or may not have happened, best to check.

My guess is if you've been able to purchase firearms with a background check you won't be ruled out from a CCW.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:47:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:57:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:46:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Do the recon FIRST, then proceed.
View Quote

Always the smart thing to do
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top