Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/12/2001 4:09:32 AM EDT
OK, i did NO shooting this weekend. And if that weren't bad enuf -

I got my Mossberg 22 rimfore from CMP. I was SOOO excited, cause it came in ONLY 2 weeks. Opened it up and - the stock was cracked and the rear sight was damaged. MAJOR bummer. You'd think that with the rigourous inspection process they list on the website, they'd catch something as bad as all that.

So I worked half the day Saturday, and planned to go down to the local state range and sight in a few rifles. Well, I get down there and it is CLOSED - FOR HUNTER EDUCATION.

I walk into the range, cuz the gate is locked and there are ONLY THREE SHOOTERS THERE (buncha 12 yr olds). 20+ benches, and only three shooters!!!!!!!

I asked if it would be OK if I just set up to the side. NOPE. Fricken tyrant badge boy pseudo-RSO wouldn't hear of it. Never mind that I pay his salary. Never mind that I pay for that range. And where are these kids fathers, and why aren't THEY teachin them to shoot, in stead of the nanny state takin' over???

Add to that the bozo who thinks the Lowes loading dock is HIS PERSONAL PARKING SPACE, and the idiot blonde who thinks her life is important enuf to block an entire lane of traffic near a busy intersection, which of course she makes amends for by running the red light . I'm REALLY gettin tired of these "the world revolves around me" idiots.

So, I spent the ENTIRE weekend pissed off. How was your weekend??? [BD]

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:36:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:41:55 AM EDT
[#2]
just ask yourself, WWJD?
seriously, my condolences.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Well,  I went to a decent gun show Saturday and then came in fourth in our club's "Dirty Harry Tundergun Winterfest" match Sunday.  Slightly better weekend.  

OTOH, my M44 is still "in the mail" from the CMP.  Best of luck with it.

WWJWD?  What would John Wayne do?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:33:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I asked if it would be OK if I just set up to the side. NOPE. Fricken tyrant badge boy pseudo-RSO wouldn't hear of it. Never mind that I pay his salary. Never mind that I pay for that range. And where are these kids fathers, and why aren't THEY teachin them to shoot, in stead of the nanny state takin' over???

Add to that the bozo who thinks the Lowes loading dock is HIS PERSONAL PARKING SPACE, and the idiot blonde who thinks her life is important enuf to block an entire lane of traffic near a busy intersection, which of course she makes amends for by running the red light . I'm REALLY gettin tired of these "the world revolves around me" idiots.

So, I spent the ENTIRE weekend pissed off.

View Quote

You sound bitter...j/k

Maybe next weekend will be better for you. Must not have been meant to be.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:59:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:32:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Lets see, great weather here in Virginia. A friend and I shot a 77/100 in the 'Partners Shoot'....a shotgun sporting clays event where 2 shooters simultaneously shoot at 4 targets.

You need to get straight who's shooting at what before the birds fly...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:23:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Ive given up on public ranges. Problem is I can only get 150 yds on mine. So heading down to not so local range 0dark30 on Saturday for an impromtu service rifle match, when I get the call; guard unit's taken over the range. Piss. Did I say Ive given up on public ranges.

Luck
Alac

I feel your pain.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#9]
What club was that?
You ought to complain to the Directors or whoever runs the place.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:58:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Its a state range that has a private membership - the club leases the land/range from the state. It has decent facilities but little oversight.  

The guard unit needed it for training, and the club has no difficulty with that, nor do I. May be a provision of the lease, but I'd defer if ever the USANG or USAR needed any facility. We just got the word late - our fault. Frustrating nonetheless.

Luck
Alac

Edited to answer Bluerock Club in OH
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:45:14 PM EDT
[#11]
garandman, are you talking about the range in Glen Springs?  I also tried to shoot there Saturday.  I walked all of the way there with two rifles and ammo to only find it closed.  I was exhausted by the time I got home.  All for nothing.  I live less than two miles from the range, and the management is terrible.  I haven't been shooting in almost three months, because that range is closed every single time I've been there the past few months.  It sucks to live so close to a range, but still not have anywhere to shoot.

As to complaining about the guy, don't bother.  I was life-long friends with the guy's former boss, and he never could get the guy to show-up on time, stay until closing time, or be more polite.  And, were you going to shoot an AR?  I've been asked twice to leave the range for shooting a semi-auto rifle, which is even more ridiculous, because my Oly doesn't even work as a semi-auto (bolt won't close over a magazine)!z
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:52:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Zoom -

I'm talking about the Spartanburg range off Foster Mill Road, near Pacolet.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:54:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Me I was recuperating from a car crash! then fighting with adjuster's; have to get a lawyer!
probably loose out on my remaining car payment.
my mom and dad are pissed off at me over this and for something else.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:14:53 PM EDT
[#14]
GARANDMAN, how about you just go ahead and live vicariously through the weekend I just had.

Went camping in the desert with my 8 yr. old son and about fifteen great people, all of them avid "black rifle" enthusiasts.

Did LOTS of shooting and night shooting (someone brought a Ma Deuce=BIG muzzle flash).

Did some good trail riding.

Great campfire.

Perfect weather, dark night with tons of stars.

MRE for lunch, SPAM sammiches for dinner, then scrambled eggs with beef hash for breakfast the next morning.

Politically Kali sucks, but some of us still know how to have a good time.

Hope next weekend works out better for ya.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
GARANDMAN, how about you just go ahead and live vicariously through the weekend I just had.

View Quote

sounds nice Desert.

In spite of the Sacro-excremental commies, sounds like ya'll STILL know how to celebrate freedom.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:32:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Gull Dern, if ya pay the mans salary then you ought to fire the boy and have him do what ya want.......nudge, nudge, wink, wink.
Yup, I was with desert rider and aboot 20 of us had us a REAL good time. (pics in the meetings and events forum)
We CaliIdiots kick up our heels every now and again and make some noise. Personaly my high point of the trip was standing on a hilltop naked and screaming "hey you, listen to me" To nobody in particular.
We also had a discussion on the correct way to burn white sage. And more importantly in which direction.
This should brighten your Monday.
[img]http://www.retrocrush.com/farrah/farrah014.jpg[/img]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Here, we had a firepower demo at Dragon Mans, I got a chance to work the machine gun rental line, I had a blast, put a .22 Full auto into the hands of a 10 year old, be close and be carefule, but you have a gunowner for life. I loved the kids and I fired 4 mags in the Demo through a AK74 at a car. Good weekend for me. Garandman you are invited for the next one:)
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm talking about the Spartanburg range off Foster Mill Road, near Pacolet.
View Quote

Unless there's another range on a different Foster Mill road in Pacolet, we're talking about the same one.  It's between Pauline and Glen Springs.  While it's closer to Pauline, the state strangely says that it is in Glen Springs.  It's over 10 miles from Pacolet.  I'm confused why you would say it's near Pacolet.z
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:56:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's over 10 miles from Pacolet.  I'm confused why you would say it's near Pacolet.z
View Quote

I guess I'd say that cuz I don't know that area well enuf. [BD]

Just moved here a year ago, and all my travels take me toward G'ville.

I think I'm gonna try again this sat. about 1-2PM.

Be nice to have some "cover fire" from other "evil black rifle " owners there.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:57:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Ok, I think I have got ya all beat with the worst weekend.  Here it is.........
#1  All of my in-laws spent the weekend at my house.
#2  Planned on going shooting...no go!!!
#3  Duck's Unlimited dinner on Sat. night;      didn't win a thing.
#4  Found out the huge pumpkins my mother-in- law insisted on giving us for our boys, left permanent marks on the linoleum floor in my basement=new flooring $$$.
#5  Old Friend from High School died Sat. from complications with her pregnancy. Was my best friends little sister.  We went to homecoming together my Senior year.  Married a good friend of mine.
#6   AND the winner.......My mom called to tell me that my brother is gay!  

Ya, I had a really fun weekend!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 2:00:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
#6   AND the winner.......My mom called to tell me that my brother is gay!  

Ya, I had a really fun weekend!
View Quote

Watch yer six, bro.

And when i say that, I REALLY mean that  [BD]

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:18:55 PM EDT
[#22]
I guess I'd say that cuz I don't know that area well enuf.

Just moved here a year ago, and all my travels take me toward G'ville.
View Quote

Sorry about what I said.  I didn't mean to make it sound so obnoxious.  I've just lived here all of my life, and Pacolet seems like a long way away.

I think I'm gonna try again this sat. about 1-2PM.

Be nice to have some "cover fire" from other "evil black rifle " owners there.
View Quote

Considering the Clemson vs. S. Carolina game is at 12:30, it will probably be just you and the RO.  Have fun. ;)z
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top