Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2001 1:17:56 PM EDT
Some of you might know that I lost my Dad to cancer last week.
His funeral was yesterday morning at 9.30 AM at Blessed Sacrament church in Staten Island.
As we pulled up to the church there were already hundreds of Firefighters and Police at the church getting ready for a service for one of their brothers lost at the WTC.

My Dad was a WW2 Vet and as we were leaving the church there were the Firefighters and Police saluting my Dads Flag drapped coffin.

Thanks from the whole family!

Geo
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 2:05:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Sorry to hear the bad news. My Dad passed away in 1993, he was a veteran from Korea, went with the 82nd Airborne when he was 17. I am sure that the showing of support by the Police and Fire Dept. meant a lot to you. Your Dad certainly Earned that respect. You have my sincere condolences...
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to here about your dad, but it sounds like he had a very respectful funeral. I would also like to thank the firemen/policemen for there final salute to a veteran.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:37:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:14:26 PM EDT
[#4]
AAA sorry to hear of your loss. My father died of cancer too.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:14:41 AM EDT
[#5]
I am very sorry for your loss...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top