Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 3:46:02 PM EDT
CANBERRA, Australia (Reuters) - A woman began a lifelong sentence behind bars Friday, never to be released, for murdering and skinning her boyfriend in a cannibal orgy.

A court was told former abattoir worker Katherine Knight stabbed her partner John Price at least 37 times with a butcher's knife, skinned his body, cooked his head and served him up in dishes with nameplates for each of his children.

Knight, 46, became the first woman in Australia whose file was marked never to be released from jail after pleading guilty to butchering 44-year-old Price in his home in Aberdeen, 200 km (124 miles) north-west of Sydney, in February last year.

"She is starting her life sentence in a high security unit of Mulawa jail in western Sydney and this really does mean life under truth-in-sentencing laws introduced in 1990," a court spokesman told Reuters.

New South Wales Supreme Court judge Barry O'Keefe, handing down the sentence, said Knight, in a new black night gown, showed Price "no mercy" when she attacked him after the couple had apparently had sex, according to media reports.

Price's attempt to escape the frenzied attack -- planned 48 hours earlier -- culminated with him getting out of the house only to be dragged back in by Knight.

O'Keefe said Knight, who had worked as a meat slicer in abattoirs, skinned Price with such expertise and a steady hand that his skin, including that of his head, face, nose, ears, neck, torso, genital organs, and legs, was removed to form one pelt.

"The excised parts of Mr. Price were then taken to the kitchen and at some stage, after she peeled and prepared various vegetables, she cooked Mr. Price's head in a large pot with a number of vegetables she had prepared so as to produce a sickening stew," he told the court.

"The gruesome steaks were then arranged on plates together with the vegetables which she had baked and left as meals for the son and daughter of the deceased accompanied by vindictive notes."

O'Keefe said Knight's evil actions came from resentment arising out of her rejection by Price after a six-year relationship, her impending expulsion from his home, and his refusal to share his assets with her, particularly his house which he wanted to keep for his children.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#1]
guess no one around here really has anything to complain about.  [:)]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:51:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:52:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:55:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I wonder if they ate dinner?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:07:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:12:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Damn, I think my X is her sister! [shock]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:13:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I wonder if they ate dinner?
View Quote

I was wondering the same thing.  I wonder what husband-head stew tastes like?

-Gloftoe
View Quote

If he was Chinese, would they be hungry an hour later?
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Good thing it didn't happen here. The special interest groups would be standing in line to start defense fund drives for her.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:15:50 PM EDT
[#9]
"Could be worse."--Carrie Fischer
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#10]
This can't really be HER fault now can it? I mean after all, its always women that are the victims in any relationship. She was probably just standing up for herself.

Personally, I believe that anyone who does something like this needs to shot in the legs, have their hands cut off, stabbed in the gut, have acid thrown in their face, and then be set on fire.  THAT is justice, not spending life in prison, & having a pretty easy life; especially in a women's prison, and in Austrailia at that.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:08:03 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If he was Chinese, would they be hungry an hour later?
View Quote

You owe me a new keyboard.  I just spewed Dr. Pepper on mine.  [:)]

ROFLMAO
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 1:39:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Whats the Big Deal?....so Ms. Knight did to him literaly what "most" US courts to to a guy fuguratively in "most" male/female breakups.[rolleyes]declare your _luv_in a pre-nup.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 3:55:01 AM EDT
[#14]
sounds like she was starting her new frachise of  MAN-BEEF.COM
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:33:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I going to start watching my wife's mood swings a little closer, maybe treat her  a little nicer than in the past, and Oh, one more thing, make sure she doesn't have the opportunity to read this blip.  
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:34:02 AM EDT
[#16]
One postive thing I forgot to mention in my previous post, my wife hates to cook, hey I got it made.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:57:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Oh thank God she stabbed him. Imagine the horror if she shot the guy? That would be sickening.........
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:50:04 AM EDT
[#18]
"god damn it billy eat your vegitables or youll be cooked  tommrow night!"
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:53:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Oh thank God she stabbed him. Imagine the horror if she shot the guy? That would be sickening.........
View Quote

Yeah, it's a good thing he didn't have a gun either, the situation would have been _much_ worse.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:00:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Why do murderers get a "life" sentence??? Thank you for murdering. You get to live out the rest of your life.

Shouldn't they get a "death" sentence?

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:14:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Why do murderers get a "life" sentence??? Thank you for murdering. You get to live out the rest of your life.

View Quote

Public torture would be much more apropos IMO.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Sounds good to me. I'm even up for firing squads or hangings in this case...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

View Quote

Sounds good to me. I'm even up for firing squads or hangings in this case...
View Quote

I have always thought that murderers should be put to death in the exact same manner- as much as humanly possible- as the people they were convicted of killing.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:14:14 AM EDT
[#24]
CHrist. I hope his kids didn't find him like that. Talk about being scarred for life.

BTW.... Why don't we air-drop the bitch into Afghanistan? Can you think of an end more perfect for that ragheaded murdering bastard?
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 11:55:52 AM EDT
[#25]
WTF??

Man, I hope this is one person who is permanently out of the gene pool.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Have Rosie and Katie Couric picked up this cause yet? [}:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:12:57 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Somewhere, we decided that depriving people of their freedom while alive was a great punishment.  However, if one had the appropriate respect for human life necessary to understand the gravity of that type of punishment, it's likely they would not have murdered someone in the first place.

I'm with you, in so much as I think someone who murders should be sentenced to death.  However, it's possible someone could be falsely accused and convicted, which would be an even greater tragedy.

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Knives don't skin people - chemically-imbalanced wives skin people!
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#29]
What was this guy thinking? Has he lost his head.....?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 12:40:59 AM EDT
[#30]
How's this for ya guys....I KNEW the victim.....I KNOW the killer.....the Judge that put her away use to be my BOSS...and I KNOW one the cops that found him.  This happened in a small country town where I grew up and most of my frinds still live.

Andrew
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 6:08:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
How's this for ya guys....I KNEW the victim.....I KNOW the killer.....the Judge that put her away use to be my BOSS...and I KNOW one the cops that found him.  This happened in a small country town where I grew up and most of my frinds still live.

Andrew
View Quote

Andrew.....is this a big hot steaming chunk of Aussie bullshit.....or is it the truth?

Let's hear a little more detail on these folks if you knew them. What was the woman like? I bet she always kept to herself, seemed like a nice enough person, right? Or did she always talk about the day she was going to "skin that bastard and feed his flesh to his kids", after a few rounds of Fosters?
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 7:01:17 AM EDT
[#32]
I can only imagine the dinner talk that evening......

"Mom, we don't like your boyfriend"
Mom, "Push him aside and eat your potatoes."

Regurgitated in poor taste from old Jeffery Dahmer jokes!
Link Posted: 11/13/2001 11:35:45 AM EDT
[#33]
M4....that is pretty much how it happened....and as for her...well she was always a bit unstable...had a argument with her last b/friend which ended with his dog getting its head cut off.....and no, she wasn't a "quiet type that kept very much to herself"....many of his friends (I only knew them in passing) had warned him that she was dangerous.  

The trial (well she actually pleaded guilty so it was a sentencing) indicated that there was a deal of pre-planning involved.

Andrew

Link Posted: 11/13/2001 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What was this guy thinking? Has he lost his head.....?
View Quote

Now my wife is wonder what I'm laughing at... Hope she doesn't read this!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top