Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2001 2:58:20 PM EDT
I just realize that 59% of people surveyed on the front page think the gov't should run airport security. WTF? Do I have to remind them of the DMV? Check out this article by Ann Coulter, called "HillaryCare for the Airports:

[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/anncoulter/ac20011108.shtml[/url]

Vote in this poll, and tell me what you think
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw an add for airport employees for $6.95 an hour.  The amount of responsibility that these people have, does not justify their wage or competency.  

In Europe state run airport security is very good.......but we ain't in Europe or Oz, To-to.

My vote- UNDECIDED.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a lot harder for the federal government to fire an incompetent employee than it is for a private contractor.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:47:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's a lot harder for the federal government to fire an incompetent employee than it is for a private contractor.
View Quote

along with the fact that [b]nothing[/b] the government has every taken control of has been done better than the people themselves, i agree that it's a lot easier for a private company to say "hit the road, jack, and don't ya come back no more, no more" than the federal government.

saw a segment on Dateline last night (or was it thursday, can't remember) about airport security.  everyone's thinking about the bottom line only and not the security aspect.  of course, if they didn't give the job to the lowest bidder, ticket prices would go up, fewer people would fly, and they'd probably go bankrupt anyway.  bummer.  never was a fan of commercial airlines or their way of running business.  at least in my own car i can have [i]some[/i] control over my own safety and not have to rely on morons.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 3:53:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#5]
The "guv-a-ment supervises and private industry screens.  The "AR Lady" has it just right.  Besides war what do the Fed's manage well ?  Of course Vietnam is excluded from well managed.

I've always wondered how it feels to ride on top of a rocket built by the lowest bidder !
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 5:02:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Democrats would love to hand out more gobment jobs=black votes. Dems will gladly pay them $60.000 a year, and they won't even have to show up except on election day. Hell it's almost Kwanzaa, double time on holidays please.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top