Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/10/2001 10:20:51 AM EDT
[url]http://frontierpost.com.pk/main.asp?id=3&date1=11/10/2001[/url]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:14:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I couldn't get the page to load for some reason, but I can just guess at what it said. Maybe someone can tell me what's wrong with the picture we've been shown so far - first of all, we have the 9/11 attacks, after which our gov't said "there is no need to panic, we just have to be a little more vigilant....oh, by the way, there's a 110% chance that a new terror attack will happen soon....there is no reason to panic....the anthrax attacks may be 9/11 part 2 and may get a lot worse....there is no reason to panic.....now we think the anthrax was released by anti-gov't right-wing groups....there is no need to panic....we have no evidence of smallpox being released in the US, but 300,000 people in gov't service will be vaccinated against smallpox.....there is no reason to panic....al-Qaeda may have nuclear weapons and the means to smuggle them into the US.....there is no need to panic."

Now, I agree there IS no need to panic, but I can't help but think that the gov't is using the "no need to panic" in the same way that Brer Rabbit used the briar patch! They tell us not to panic, we panic and ask them to protect us from all the bad people, and they take more of our freedoms away in the name of keeping us safe.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:19:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at the source (URL):  .pk = Pakistan

I seriously doubt the credibility of this report.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 11:28:11 AM EDT
[#3]
[url]http://subguns.biggerhammer.net/sword.cgi?read=33911[/url]

This link should work.
I hope you guys are right.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 12:33:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:21:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Talk about stupid. If they detonate a nuke, or even just contaminate a city with waste we would pay them back a thousand times over.

I'm a pretty peaceable person but you fight fire with fire (or is it water?). You want to play with the big boys? Prepare yourself to get you behind handed you.
View Quote

1000 times over?
where would the U.S nuke?
would they just send off ICBM's in every direction hoping to get "terrorists" ?

fucking hayzeus they prolly won't even find osama, or successfully end terrorism.
If a nuke went off in a U.S city, Very little could be done.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#6]
BCBUD, I don't engage in flames as all are entitled to their opinion however I believe you are wrong in this case.  

Presently 59% of the American public now believes we should respond with nuclear weapons if we're hit with "weapons of mass destruction."
If/when we're actually hit that % will move somewhere above 80%.
Where will we nuke ?  First where Osma Bin is residing and yes I do believe we know where and then in a couple of the worst offending countries who harbor and protect terrorist.  I believe we would probably hit Iraq and the Sudan.
Then stop and wait for a few days in order to construct the "pens" necessary to hold the terrorists that will be delivered unto us by most other harboring countries.
I am shocked that not one reporter has asked President Bush what he meant weeks ago when the plainly said "Nothing is off the table".
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top