Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/10/2001 6:39:07 AM EDT
I haven't seen one of these yet, but was thinking about purchasing one.  Any info?  I've heard they use modified uzi mags.  Anyone know how they're "modified"?  Don't know much about ASA.  Looking for feedback here.  I would have posted on the industry forum, but ASA's doesn't seem to get looked at.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 11/10/2001 2:28:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Sgt Kiwi,
Yes they do use modified uzi mags. I believe a notch is cut at the back of the mag so it`ll feed reliably. there is also a widened opening for the mag release/holder on the left side so the standard parts will function. That is if I`m identifying them right. I don`t have a standard mag to compare with mine. the fit and finish seems good to me. It gets fithy though.I couldn`t believe the crap that came out of it after I put 100 rounds through it. i`m waiting for the spacer for my ARMS mount so I can try my Aimpoint on it.HTH.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:06:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks Bob,
Do you know what they charge to modify mags or if anyone else does it.  I have about 30 uzi mags laying around and no uzi.  I don't even remember where I got them from.  Must have been a good deal or given to me once upon a time.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#3]
You should check with Kurt`s Kustom. He`s right down there in sunny Fl. It shouldn`t take him too long. 30 mags, Jesus!
[8D]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:48:21 AM EDT
[#4]
ASA's can use modified uzi mags or any milspec colt type mag.  I have some S. African mags I use in mine and they work fine.  Also have a Colt 32 rounder that works great.  I love my ASA upper.  It gets far more rounds put through her than any of my other AR's.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top