Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2001 12:03:02 PM EDT
[url]http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewNation.asp?Page=%5CNation%5Carchive%5C200111%5CNAT20011108e.html[/url]

Just in case it has not been posted.
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Perfect timing. My company is doing their annual big push for the United Way automatic payroll deduction push right now.

In a pig's eye, I'll give. Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it the United Way who stopped support for the Boy Scouts over their refusal to allow homosexuals in?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:11:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought I heard that you can specify a direct donation to the NRA through United Way. Anyone confirm/deny that?
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:17:14 PM EDT
[#3]
You used to be able to donate to the NRA through UW, I don't know if that is true again this year.  I still wouldn't do it that way though, UW get's 99% of what you give.  I shredded my envelope right in front of the UW lackey this year! [:D]
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 12:19:43 PM EDT
[#4]
At the company I used to work for, it was a big deal that made you look good to management.  I still got laid off, but at least they're not getting any of my money.  Now the company is in trouble because they've been mis-reporting their earnings for the last 5 years and are looking to get bought out.

YEAH, KARMA'S A BITCH, HUH?! [}:D]

God Bless Texas
Link Posted: 11/9/2001 1:10:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Wasn't the United Way the same group that declined a young boy, diagnosed with cancer, wish to go on a hunting trip? I believe then, our man, Ted Nugent, brought this boy on an African safari.
View Quote

That was the Make A Wish foundation IIRC.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top